Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old November 26 2009, 09:36 PM   #16
Mike Ram
Lieutenant Commander

Re: New Fan Collective????

I wonder why they didn't release a fantasy/holodeck collective, given how many episodes feature those kinds of stories.
Mike Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2009, 03:45 AM   #17
The Wormhole
Admiral

Mike Ram wrote: View Post
I wonder why they didn't release a fantasy/holodeck collective, given how many episodes feature those kinds of stories.
Those episodes aren't exactly fan favourites.
Old November 28 2009, 09:58 AM   #18
I am not Spock
Commodore

As good as Eye of the Needle is, its not really 'about' the Romulans, per se, is it? But I suppose 'Trouble with Tribbles' wasn't really about the Klingons, and it was on the Klingon collective DVD.
Old November 28 2009, 07:51 PM   #19
nx1701g
Admiral

apenpaap wrote: View Post
I'd like to see the Vulcan/Romulan fan collective, but a Cardassian fan collective even more. Though I doubt they'd do that, as it would mean four discs of DS9 and one of TNG and Voyager.
Plus for a lot of the Cardassian episodes the DS9 ones had lead in episodes or were arc based.
Old November 29 2009, 01:39 AM   #20
The Wormhole
Admiral

I am not Spock wrote: View Post
As good as Eye of the Needle is, its not really 'about' the Romulans, per se, is it? But I suppose 'Trouble with Tribbles' wasn't really about the Klingons, and it was on the Klingon collective DVD.
The Trouble With Tribbles, Trials and Tribble-Ations, and Broken Bow aren't really about Klingons, and they all made it to the Klingon set.

Technically speaking, Year Of Hell isn't really about time travel. Yes, a device is ued which alters the timeline, but not actual time travel happens in the episode. Yet it is still on the set titled Time Travel.
Old June 21 2012, 10:54 PM   #21
arsenal6
Ensign

Here are the list of all the episode that the Romulans have appeared on every Episode of every series:
  • TOS films:
    • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • JJ AbRahams Star Trek
  • TNG: (21)
    • The Neutral Zone
    • Contagion
    • The Enemy
    • The Defector*
    • Tin Man
    • Future Imperfect
    • Data's Day
    • The Drumhead
    • The Mind's Eye
    • Redemption
    • Redemption II
    • Unification I*
    • Unification II*
    • The Next Phase
    • Face of the Enemy
    • Birthright, Part I
    • Birthright, Part II
    • The Chase
    • Timescape
    • The Pegasus
    • All Good Things*
  • TNG films
    • Star Trek Generations (Romulan corpse)
    • Star Trek Nemesis
  • DS9: (16)
    • The Search, Part I
    • The Search, Part II
    • Visionary
    • Improbable Cause
    • The Die is Cast
    • Homefront
    • In Purgatory's Shadow
    • By Inferno's Light
    • In the Pale Moonlight*
    • Tears of the Prophets
    • Image in the Sand
    • Shadows and Symbols
    • Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
    • When It Rains...
    • The Dogs of War
    • What You Leave Behind
  • VOY(6)
    • Eye of the Needle
    • Unity
    • Message in a Bottle*
    • Infinite Regress
    • Flesh and Blood (hologram only)
    • Q2(hologram only)
I know its much but I think they should bring all the Episodes in Bold instead of having some , just to have an insight what they are. I too think having these fan collection is great way of having all your episodes instead of having the entire box set.
Anyway there were incidents where Romulans has help the Federation as seen on ST TNG - this should also be included and a back ground story of how the earth Romulan war started.
The Star indicates my favorite episodes
Also I found this gem on Alpa-memory site

"The Romulans would have had a grander future had the animated series Star Trek: Final Frontier been produced instead of Star Trek: set in the a war caused by Omega particle detonations (which was not actually the Romulans' fault) permitted them to conquer Qo'noS, destroy Andoria, and forced the Vulcans to leave the Federation to negotiate reunification. The Earth-Romulan War was also intended to be explored in the fifth season of Star Trek: Enterprise and the film Star Trek: The Beginning, neither of which were produced. Brannon Braga and Manny Coto considered making "Future Guy" a Romulan and revealing T'Pol's father was a Romulan agent."
and

"Diane Duane created her own take on the Romulans in her novels, in which she reveals their true name to be the Rihannsu. Duane also depicted the Romulans as being extinct in the mirror universe novel Dark Mirror, as they chose to commit mass suicide rather than become subjects of the Terran Empirefollowing the Battle of Cheron
Much of the Romulans' origins are explored in the Vulcan's Soul trilogy and the five Rihannsu books. Both sources agree that the exodus was led by S'task, a former disciple of Surak. In Duane's novel The Romulan Way, as the inhabitants of the planet Vulcan turn to the philosophy of Surak en masse, the followers of S'task decide that they can no longer remain on Vulcan. As part of their exodus, they intentionally invent a new culture and a new language. In Vulcan's Soul, the Romulans' ancestors left Vulcan as a contingency plan approved by Surak, should the wars on Vulcan have completely destroyed their civilization. The eagle emblem was inspired by a huge bird native to Romulus that clutched eggs in its talons. "
Interesting

Last edited by arsenal6; June 21 2012 at 11:46 PM.
arsenal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2012, 10:57 PM   #22
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Use the "Remove Text Format" button, above the "B" for Bold button.

Your post is almost impossible to read

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2012, 11:48 PM   #23
arsenal6
Ensign

^ done

sorry about that
arsenal6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2012, 11:53 PM   #24
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

Here's my suggestion: a Vaughn Armstrong fan collective!

(I'm not joking.)
Old June 22 2012, 02:56 AM   #25
The Wormhole
Admiral

arsenal6 wrote: View Post
Here are the list of all the episode that the Romulans have appeared on every Episode of every series:
  • ENT:
You forgot United.
Old June 22 2012, 04:30 AM   #26
Elias Vaughn
Captain

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

(I'm not joking.)
You spelled Suzi Plakson wrong.

Elias Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 04:43 AM   #27
sonak
Vice Admiral

The collectives worked best when they were completist, like the "Borg" or "Q" ones. The time travel one was (inevitably) missing quite a bit, as was the Klingon one. The alternate realities one was a great collection as was the captain's log.

I'd like to see another one eventually.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 01:35 PM   #28
The Wormhole
Admiral

sonak wrote: View Post
The collectives worked best when they were completist, like the "Borg" or "Q" ones. The time travel one was (inevitably) missing quite a bit, as was the Klingon one. The alternate realities one was a great collection as was the captain's log.

All the sets with the exception of the Q one (which was literally every Q episode ever) were fan voted episodes thus "Fan Collective"). StarTrek.com had a list of episodes that fans voted for, and the top 10 got selected.

There were some excpetions. The Alternate Reality set included all the MU episodes plus the top 10 other alternate reality timelines. The Captain's Log set included the favourite episode of each captain's actor plus the other top 10 episodes.
Old June 22 2012, 03:57 PM   #29
sonak
Vice Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post

All the sets with the exception of the Q one (which was literally every Q episode ever) were fan voted episodes thus "Fan Collective"). StarTrek.com had a list of episodes that fans voted for, and the top 10 got selected.

There were some excpetions. The Alternate Reality set included all the MU episodes plus the top 10 other alternate reality timelines. The Captain's Log set included the favourite episode of each captain's actor plus the other top 10 episodes.

I already knew how they were selected, I was just saying that the process meant that episodes that should really have been included(like "assignment earth" for time travel, or "day of the dove" for the Klingons) were not.
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2012, 09:58 PM   #30
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

Elias Vaughn wrote: View Post
Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post

(I'm not joking.)
You spelled Suzi Plakson wrong.

How many episodes did she actually appear in, though? Maybe one or two TNG, and one Voyager. Hardly enough for a collective...