Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old November 23 2009, 02:26 AM   #16
Red Ranger
Admiral

Re: Beverley & Dianas clothes...

TheLonelySquire wrote: View Post
LilyB wrote: View Post
Thankyou for the answers!
I have just rented the entire TNG over the last month or so, however, about 12 episodes would not play, as i have a 'sensitive' laptop!
I remember an Admiral telling Deanna to wear formal uniform on the bridge & she seemed to, from then on, wear her uniform most of the time.
Thanks again :-)
I believe that was Captain Edward Jellico in Chain of Command. Great actor. Lousy Captain! Was a real pain in the neck in Total Recall as well....
Don't forget Ronny Cox was also a memorable villain in Robocop. And if you haven't seen Deliverance, he's terrific in that great flick, too! -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2009, 04:06 AM   #17
The Castellan
Commodore

Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan

As I said, I hope someone slipped some extra strength laxative in his coffee, I would have.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2009, 04:14 AM   #18
Ward Fowler
Commodore

oops-double post
Old November 23 2009, 04:15 AM   #19
Ward Fowler
Commodore

Red Ranger wrote: View Post
And if you haven't seen Deliverance, he's terrific in that great flick, too! -- RR
Yeah, he put in a really great performance in that one. I also think it's probably the best work Burt Reynolds ever did. It's a shame that the movie is only known for the famous "squeal like a pig" scene, because it really is a very good movie with a lot to say about the concept of "man vs. nature".
Old November 23 2009, 05:15 AM   #20
Red Ranger
Admiral

Ward Fowler wrote: View Post
And if you haven't seen Deliverance, he's terrific in that great flick, too! -- RR
Yeah, he put in a really great performance in that one. I also think it's probably the best work Burt Reynolds ever did. It's a shame that the movie is only known for the famous "squeal like a pig" scene, because it really is a very good movie with a lot to say about the concept of "man vs. nature".
Quite true on all counts, Ward. It's also known for the dueling banjos sequence. The whole crux of the movie is man vs. nature, and Lewis (Reynolds) fancies himself at one with nature. A harrowing movie! John Boorman, the director, also helmed Excalibur. Reynolds' other best work was, IMHO, in Sharky's Machine. One of his costars in that flick was Bernie Casey, who later played Sisko's friend Cal Hudson, the Maquis leader in DSN. -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2009, 08:31 AM   #21
Canuck69
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Canuck69 Send a message via Yahoo to Canuck69

CommanderRaytas wrote: View Post
Yeoman Randi wrote: View Post
Forbin wrote: View Post
Diana?

Deanna.

Bev wore standard duty uniform throughout the series, but she often added a doctor's lab coat over it. 'Cause she's the doctor.

She also wore it for a time to disguise her real life pregnancy.
See, I did not know that. I'll have to pay attention. What season was that?
Her pregnancy was throughout season 4. I know that she was heavily pregnant in the episode The Host, I remember Gates saying that they hid her growing midsection by making the lab coat bigger. There is a screencap from the episode QPid where you can see that Gates is heavily pregnant. If I time to find it I can post it if you like...
Old November 23 2009, 03:35 PM   #22
Ward Fowler
Commodore

Quite true on all counts, Ward. It's also known for the dueling banjos sequence. The whole crux of the movie is man vs. nature, and Lewis (Reynolds) fancies himself at one with nature. A harrowing movie! John Boorman, the director, also helmed Excalibur. Reynolds' other best work was, IMHO, in Sharky's Machine. One of his costars in that flick was Bernie Casey, who later played Sisko's friend Cal Hudson, the Maquis leader in DSN. -- RR
You're right about dueling banjo's, it's probably an even more iconic scene. Ned Beatty with his pants around his ankles squealing for a toothless man is pretty unforgettable though. Good call on Sharky's Machine. Great flick. By the way, how could John Boorman make movies like Deliverance and Excalibur and also make a huge turd like Exorcist II? Doesn't make sense.
Old November 23 2009, 04:13 PM   #23
Forbin
Admiral

Sharkey's Machine is one of my favorite cop movies. Rachael Ward in full bloom was breathtaking!
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2009, 05:43 PM   #24
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

Canuck69 wrote: View Post
CommanderRaytas wrote: View Post
Yeoman Randi wrote: View Post

She also wore it for a time to disguise her real life pregnancy.
See, I did not know that. I'll have to pay attention. What season was that?
Her pregnancy was throughout season 4. I know that she was heavily pregnant in the episode The Host, I remember Gates saying that they hid her growing midsection by making the lab coat bigger. There is a screencap from the episode QPid where you can see that Gates is heavily pregnant. If I time to find it I can post it if you like...
I'd like that.
CommanderRaytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2009, 09:53 PM   #25
sbk1234
Rear Admiral

The Castellan wrote: View Post
Jellico was a Godsend, for putting Troi in a standard uniform. I agreed with him wholeheartedly. He was a badass Captain.
I say BOOO! to Jellico. I hope someone slipped him some a triple dose of laxative in his coffee for that.
I have to disagree. Jellico, while definately a ball-buster, was a great captain.

To stay on topic, I like Troi's assets.

"It's a fucking TV show!" - Gary Lockwood
sbk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2009, 12:35 AM   #26
chakotay_lover
Lieutenant

I thought Bevs uniform was offcial, and I loved it when Jellico told Troi to put on her uniform, she looks alot better in that uniform than she ever did in her greyish purple thing....
Old November 24 2009, 12:46 AM   #27
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Yeah, Troi wore the uniform well. If only he told her to go back to wearing the skant.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2009, 08:29 AM   #28
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Troi did look better in a uniform, and if I remember correctly Jellico said he wants formality on the bridge. So while doing her duties to the crew in her office, she could wear whatever she wants. That's how I understood his order.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2009, 10:50 AM   #29
LaBarre
Commander

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Yeah, Troi wore the uniform well. If only he told her to go back to wearing the skant.
So certainly in character - for you!
LaBarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2009, 11:38 PM   #30
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

LaBarre wrote: View Post
Shazam! wrote: View Post
So certainly in character - for you!
I don't know if I'm missing a history between the two of you or not or if this was some kind of in-joke between friends. If not, it's wiser to keep personal snipes at other posters out of this forum. Thanks!
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote