Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Closed Thread

Old November 19 2009, 07:26 PM   #1
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

When Kes was fired for a busty woman, Voyager improved in ratings. When Jadzia Dax quit and was replaced with Ezri Dax, was she so flat chested that the rating of DS9 just got so bad it lead to the series being canceled? If Ezri had a bigger chest, would she have been more accepted?
Old November 19 2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Was Ezri Dax too flat chested?

DS9 didn't get cancelled. The seventh season was planned as the final season.

As for her bust size... eh. I was pretty happy with Ezri as-is, to be honest, and I preferred her to Seven, both in appearance and as a character (and preferred her to Jadzia on both counts, for that matter.)
Old November 19 2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

Kegg wrote: View Post
DS9 didn't get cancelled. The seventh season was planned as the final season.

As for her bust size... eh. I was pretty happy with Ezri as-is, to be honest, and I preferred her to Seven, both in appearance and as a character (and preferred her to Jadzia on both counts, for that matter.)
Yes yes it was not cancelled it was planned. Still, there are a number of people that said in a number of places they turned off DS9 during the last season because of Ezri Dax. Now, I never known anyone that said they turned off Voyager because 7 of 9 became a regular member after Kes was fired.
Old November 19 2009, 07:39 PM   #4
Kegg
Rear Admiral

They didn't like the character, which isn't the same as finding Nicole de Boer unattractive (there are people who feel that way?)
Old November 19 2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

... ...
Old November 19 2009, 07:42 PM   #6
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

So flat chested women are unattractive?
Old November 19 2009, 07:46 PM   #7
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Isn't that what you're saying? If they found her attractive but wouldn't watch because she's flat-chested, what sort of logic does that statement make?
Old November 19 2009, 07:46 PM   #8
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots

They didn't like the character, which isn't the same as finding Nicole de Boer unattractive (there are people who feel that way?)
There are, but it's a hard concept to wrap my head around. And flat-chested? Smaller than 7, sure, but flat-chested she ain't.

And as Kegg said, a planned ending is not a cancellation. I can only hope to god this was intended as a joke topic. And christ, Jake, where DO you get all these horrible shirts?
Old November 19 2009, 07:53 PM   #9
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

RyuRoots wrote: View Post
There are, but it's a hard concept to wrap my head around. And flat-chested? Smaller than 7, sure, but flat-chested she ain't.
So you are telling me that her uniform makes her look flat chested? As she was not really in her uniform in that image. Could be the reason that 7 of 9 was not in a uniform.
Old November 19 2009, 07:58 PM   #10
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

Evil Ezri wrote: View Post
So you are telling me that her uniform makes her look flat chested? As she was not really in her uniform in that image. Could be the reason that 7 of 9 was not in a uniform.
I am saying no such thing. It's pretty obvious when she's in uniform too; I used this image because it was the clearest example I could think of off the top of my head, since I imagined you hadn't noticed before. And I want to add that a woman can be attractive no matter what her bust size is. And christ, 7 in a uniform would've been so much better than all those stupid freaking catsuits. Worst part is, we actually got her in a Starfleet uni for one episode. But only one. Bleh.
Old November 19 2009, 07:59 PM   #11
kes7
Fleet Captain

This is a bizarre thread even for Trek BBS.
Old November 19 2009, 08:02 PM   #12
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain

kes7 wrote: View Post
I wonder if there's an award for that. I can think of someone who'd have won it a few times over by now.
Old November 19 2009, 08:04 PM   #13
Evil Ezri
Lieutenant

Have thought about asking who are more flat chested, Ezri Dax, Kes and Hoshi. Then ask does flat chested women only lower ratings to a point of being cancelled.
Old November 19 2009, 08:19 PM   #14
TheQman
Commander

Didn't this topic 'The Flaws of Ezri Dax' just go over this?

Anyway, I think it was just it's time to end, DS9 had completed it's mission. As much as we may have wanted it to continue, it didn't.

I would be one for a new DS9 series, but the old one didn't get canceled due to Ezri.
Old November 19 2009, 08:23 PM   #15
kes7
Fleet Captain

RyuRoots wrote: View Post
I wonder if there's an award for that. I can think of someone who'd have won it a few times over by now.
I'm pretty sure I know exactly who you mean.

Evil Ezri, I don't think there were many people watching DS9 just for Jadzia -- or her breasts -- and DS9 didn't get canceled, it ended on purpose (as noted upthread). I really think this entire line of questioning is sort of insulting to the actresses, who are more than the sum of their cup sizes. You're basically implying that Nicole DeBoer's failure to get breast implants cost a bunch of people their jobs.
Closed Thread