Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 18 2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Dream
Admiral

The Twilight Saga: New Moon Discussion

Directed by Chris Weitz, in New Moon, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and she finds her loyalties tested.
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810055802/info

New Moon is scheduled to be released on 11/18 in several countries. It's one of those "released several days early in several countries before the America" deals.

Are you seeing it? Do you dislike the current vampire romance fad? Looks like they increased the budget for the sequel. I thought the first movie was okay. It was pretty much a romance with vampires and I will probably check this out since a few of my friends are interested. I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel so I'll see it mostly for the vamps.
Old November 18 2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi
Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon Discussion

Dream wrote: View Post
It's one of those "released several days early in several countries before the America" deals.
No every country in the world has a Friday release date

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2009, 03:10 PM   #3
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

I hope they have a special release of the film in Gitmo and force all the detainees to watch.
Old November 18 2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Dream
Admiral

Mutenroshi wrote: View Post
It's one of those "released several days early in several countries before the America" deals.
No every country in the world has a Friday release date
Not according to IMDB.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259571/releaseinfo
Old November 18 2009, 07:32 PM   #5
Garm Bel Iblis
Commodore

View Garm Bel Iblis's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Garm Bel Iblis

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
I hope they have a special release of the film in Gitmo and force all the detainees to watch.

Talk about Torture. I'd rather be waterboarded.
Garm Bel Iblis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2009, 12:49 AM   #6
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

the first film was just ok. Just saw the 2nd film today, & I found it harder to sit through. I liked the wolf scenes and thats about it. The 3 leads just annoy me. I just cant like them. Also the whole sequence were Bella goes to, was it Rome? to save Edward & they attend that vampire council...yeeeech!

I went to a 1:30 pm showing with my cousin & her son, the theater was full of teenage girls(many of them I assume skipped school or got out early, some were still in their school uniforms.) Every time one of the male leads would take their shirt off or kiss Bella- SQUEEEEEEL!!!
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2009, 12:54 AM   #7
Garm Bel Iblis
Commodore

melancholymecha wrote: View Post
the first film was just ok. Just saw the 2nd film today, & I found it harder to sit through. I liked the wolf scenes and thats about it. The 3 leads just annoy me. I just cant like them. Also the whole sequence were Bella goes to, was it Rome? to save Edward & they attend that vampire council...yeeeech!

I went to a 1:30 pm showing with my cousin & her son, the theater was full of teenage girls(many of them I assume skipped school or got out early, some were still in their school uniforms.) Every time one of the male leads would take their shirt off or kiss Bella- SQUEEEEEEL!!!

Where can one purchase a suicide capsule? The wife is dragging me to this one soon.
Old November 21 2009, 01:04 AM   #8
Dream
Admiral

New Moon breaks the midnight opening record.

The "Twilight" fans have done it... The Twilight Saga: New Moon set a new midnight opening record with $26.27 million from 3,514 theaters last night! That surpasses the opening nights of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($22.2 million) and The Dark Knight ($18.4 million). Will "New Moon" be able to pass up "Dark Knight's" $67.1 million single day record? Stay tuned for more box office results as they come in...
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61077

I will be seeing this in the next few hours. I hope the fangirls in my audience behave.
Old November 21 2009, 01:22 AM   #9
Garm Bel Iblis
Commodore

New Moon breaks the midnight opening record.

The "Twilight" fans have done it... The Twilight Saga: New Moon set a new midnight opening record with $26.27 million from 3,514 theaters last night! That surpasses the opening nights of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($22.2 million) and The Dark Knight ($18.4 million). Will "New Moon" be able to pass up "Dark Knight's" $67.1 million single day record? Stay tuned for more box office results as they come in...
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61077

I will be seeing this in the next few hours. I hope the fangirls in my audience behave.
I hope they're naughty....
Old November 21 2009, 01:25 AM   #10
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Directed by Chris Weitz, in New Moon, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and she finds her loyalties tested.
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810055802/info

New Moon is scheduled to be released on 11/18 in several countries. It's one of those "released several days early in several countries before the America" deals.

Are you seeing it? Do you dislike the current vampire romance fad? Looks like they increased the budget for the sequel. I thought the first movie was okay. It was pretty much a romance with vampires and I will probably check this out since a few of my friends are interested. I'm a fan of Buffy and Angel so I'll see it mostly for the vamps.
Not remotely interested
Old November 21 2009, 01:32 AM   #11
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

They were talking a little bit on the news tonight about they hype surrounding this movie. I think it made me realize how old and out-of-the-loop I am, as I don't get the gushy/wushy teenage girl nonsense over this movie.

One girl the news interviewed was all, "OMG! It was, like, the best movie ever! I didn't want it to end and just keep going an going! It was awesome!"

Just makes me scratch my head. It's an overly moody movie about some chick that keeps falling in love with boys who happen to be mythical beasts.

But, then again, even when I was in high-school I didn't get teenage girls, so...
Old November 21 2009, 02:45 AM   #12
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Just got back from afternoon showing (went out to dinner after) with my son.

My thoughts:

Ok, thought provoking storytelling it ain't. Entertaining? Yes, it was; an improvement over Twilight in fact. Stewart toned down the "take gulps of breath between every word" that she was using, I guess to show Bella's lack of confidence, but it was irritating as hell in Twilight.

The werewolves, and the actors that played them, stole the show. I was never 'team Jacob' from the books, but he was the better choice over mopey 'wanna kill myself' Edward.

So overall, entertaining for me, who loves a good campy vampire tale--even if it is a 'teen romance'. No screaming girls at the afternoon showing, but they were lined up when we left

ETA: The only thing that Twilight has over New Moon was its soundtrack...I was dissapointed that New Moon didn't have a strong soundtrack

LJ

LJ2

Last edited by Trippy; November 21 2009 at 03:04 AM.
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2009, 03:11 AM   #13
Aragorn
Admiral

Any fans of this series like the stupid movie title? It's like X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Previous audiences haven't needed The Hunt For Red October Saga: Clear and Present Danger.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2009, 05:10 AM   #14
melancholymecha
Rear Admiral

The werewolves, and the actors that played them, stole the show. I was never 'team Jacob' from the books, but he was the better choice over mopey 'wanna kill myself' Edward.
yeah I found him easier to watch too, at least he doesnt spend the whole movie doing a bad James Dean impression. But even he ends up being an annoying twit once the wolf thing kicks in.

I did love the wolf designs though. Ive always been a sucker for that primal imagery of wolves in the dark forest...
melancholymecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2009, 05:58 AM   #15
Thrall
Commodore

Garm Bel Iblis wrote: View Post
melancholymecha wrote: View Post

Where can one purchase a suicide capsule? The wife is dragging me to this one soon.
"What the fuck?!...no seriously..WHAT THE FUCK!!"

-Ryan Reynolds, Blade 3.