Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 13 2009, 04:54 PM   #46
ClayinCA
Commodore

Re: How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

IndyJones wrote: View Post
Tomato wrote: View Post
ClayinCA wrote: View Post
I was just happy to watch an episode of the show where 33.3% of the cast weren't trying to hide visible pregnancies...

Wouldn't it be 40%??? (2/5)
Maybe Clay was counting Wendy the waitress.
Ha! Nah, I just suck at math.
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2009, 06:10 PM   #47
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
It's a shame that Barney and Robin have broken up. Maybe they'll find themselves getting back together at some point, but in a more natural, less relationshippy kind of way that'll be unique to them.
Comedy-wise it's better that they go seperate ways imo. It didn't work out well for the show, they are both funnier as singles.
Old November 13 2009, 09:26 PM   #48
Scout101
Admiral

Show needs more Ted. The narrative has taken far too much of a backseat to the Barney Stinson variety show. Not that Barney isn't funny, but would be nice if they told more of Ted's story and just occasionally put in other stuff, rather than making it an easter egg hunt trying to find episodes with bits that relate to Ted and the main story...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2009, 04:05 AM   #49
Mr Light
Admiral

I'm surprised how the Barney/Robin thing ended up. I thought they would end up in an "open" marriage where Barney is allowed to screw random girls as long as he comes home at the end of the night and Robin wouldn't care. Maybe it'll end up like that in the future...

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14 2009, 06:24 PM   #50
Data Holmes
Admiral

I did love that bit witht he case shivering, asking if anyone else felt a chill, followed up by the reveal of "barny is back" pan up on NPH.
Old November 14 2009, 06:28 PM   #51
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
It's a shame that Barney and Robin have broken up. Maybe they'll find themselves getting back together at some point, but in a more natural, less relationshippy kind of way that'll be unique to them.
Comedy-wise it's better that they go seperate ways imo. It didn't work out well for the show, they are both funnier as singles.

Agreed. I totally love both of them, but they were cooler before they got together. I did like the episode where they first hooked up though.
CommanderRaytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2011, 02:26 PM   #52
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I was wondering if I'd ever bump this thread again.

I just saw the season 6 finale. Looked like they were hinting at Robin being Barney's bride. That was quite a cliffhanger.

The only thing that's throwing me off right now is the flash forward to when Barney was pretending to be on his death bed to get back at Marshall. It's hard to tell if he was married to Robin or anyone else at that point. Then again, that incident could have been a gag that Future Ted threw into the story.
Agent Richard07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2011, 02:50 PM   #53
Scout101
Admiral

50/50 on that one. hinted just as strongly that it's the other girl (forget, she was Robin's friend, wasn't she?) Could see them going that direction more likely, as it lets them tell new stories, rather than putting Robin and Barney together again...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2011, 03:09 PM   #54
Roger Wilco
Admiral

I didn't see it as Robin at all, that thought didn't even cross my mind. I thought it was obviously the other one, whose name I can't recall spontaneously.
Old May 27 2011, 03:21 PM   #55
the G-man
Commodore

Barney and Robin was one of those things where the writers seemed to realize it was a "Friends level" cliche but thought they could subvert it, then figured out they couldn't and dropped it and now are trying to convince themselves they can make it work.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2011, 06:47 PM   #56
Mr Light
Admiral

I always thought that Robin and Barney were the only ones that could be together... in an "open" marriage where he's allowed to screw around and she doesn't care.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2011, 10:13 PM   #57
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

I just saw the season 6 finale. Looked like they were hinting at Robin being Barney's bride. That was quite a cliffhanger.

The only thing that's throwing me off right now is the flash forward to when Barney was pretending to be on his death bed to get back at Marshall. It's hard to tell if he was married to Robin or anyone else at that point. Then again, that incident could have been a gag that Future Ted threw into the story.
I don't know how that would work in the context of the story that's being told. Since Ted is telling the story to his kids who would know whether Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney were married, what would be the reasoning behind being so coy about it?
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2011, 05:52 PM   #58
FPAlpha
Rear Admiral

As season finales go it was quite ok.. i don't think it will be this british gal (though she's drop dead gorgeous ) but Robin because i don't believe they're going to include another regular cast member.

However the show is beginning to drag.. a lot! Season 6 is over and still no mother? and It could be the season 7 finale when Barney is marrying at which point they have to reveal the mother since it has been said he will meet her there. Come on.. the show is nearing its end (2 seasons tops i think) so i'd like to get to know her but not on the final scene of the show finale please!
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2011, 09:08 PM   #59
Marten
Captain

Of course it's Norah. At least, I hope it's Norah.
Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2011, 09:15 PM   #60
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

^

Word. Barney and Robin just don't work together. Also, Michael Trucco's gonna show up and probably marry Robin at some point, so I think it's gotta be Norah.
DeafPoet is offline   Reply With Quote