Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old November 12 2009, 11:28 PM   #46
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Re: Do you think T'Pol...

Mach5 wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
(With Trip long dead..)
I object!

The novels show Trip being alive in 2238. And I don't give a flying f#ck about it not being canon.
LOL I just read about Trip being alive on Memory Beta...

Secret agent mission faked death? LOLOLOLOLOL

They should've just said that whoever wrote the holodeck program on the Enterprise D messed it up.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2009, 11:35 PM   #47
Red Ranger
Admiral

Does that "10,000 Vulcans left" number include all Vulcans, or just those on the homeworld? Also, was it ever established if Vulcan had colonies? I only recall the colony at the monastery of P'jem, but surely, for a species that had been starfaring for such a while, there must be a number of Vulcan colonies. And if you want to see a young T'Pol, just have Jolene Blalock play T'Pol's half-human daughter. Surely, she might have met another human she could have had a relationship with -- Archer, perhaps? -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2009, 11:37 PM   #48
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Secret agent mission faked death? LOLOLOLOLOL
Actually, the book makes it sufficiently plausible. Remember O'Brien going undercover in "Honor Among Thieves?"

Red Ranger wrote: View Post
Does that "10,000 Vulcans left" number include all Vulcans, or just those on the homeworld?
Just those on the homeworld. Orci confirmed this.
Old November 12 2009, 11:45 PM   #49
Ward Fowler
Commodore

I'm afraid that it's likely T'Pol was blown up. All that's left of her are a couple of silicone bags floating around in space.
Old November 13 2009, 12:00 AM   #50
Jeri
Vice Admiral

urbandk wrote: View Post
No doubt she is young and very attractive, but my slight joke was that to bring T'Pol back without aging makeup could be interpreted as a desire to bring a very sexy Trek cast member to the movie without diminishing her sex appeal. I think it might just be simpler, from a story standpoint, to have Jolene Blalock with aging makeup than to have a time-travel explanation for her young appearance. YMMV.
Yeah...don't want to see her if she can't look like herself. Even the old TOS cast looked like themselves; they were just older naturally.

...And if you want to see a young T'Pol, just have Jolene Blalock play T'Pol's half-human daughter. Surely, she might have met another human she could have had a relationship with -- Archer, perhaps? -- RR
I like it; Archer, too.
Old November 13 2009, 12:37 AM   #51
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Jeri wrote: View Post
urbandk wrote: View Post
No doubt she is young and very attractive, but my slight joke was that to bring T'Pol back without aging makeup could be interpreted as a desire to bring a very sexy Trek cast member to the movie without diminishing her sex appeal. I think it might just be simpler, from a story standpoint, to have Jolene Blalock with aging makeup than to have a time-travel explanation for her young appearance. YMMV.
Yeah...don't want to see her if she can't look like herself. Even the old TOS cast looked like themselves; they were just older naturally.
I think she looks great in E2, wizened and a touch Yoda-like. A strong older character. I would love to see her in this age/role again.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2009, 12:42 AM   #52
Jeri
Vice Admiral

She did a great job; but it's not fair. She should look like herself.
Old November 13 2009, 12:51 AM   #53
Red Ranger
Admiral

Ward Fowler wrote: View Post
I'm afraid that it's likely T'Pol was blown up. All that's left of her are a couple of silicone bags floating around in space.
You're a bad man, Ward Fowler, a bad man, a bad man! -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2009, 02:01 AM   #54
Ward Fowler
Commodore

Ward Fowler wrote: View Post
You're a bad man, Ward Fowler, a bad man, a bad man! -- RR
Well, to be fair, I'm sure they are couple of really nice looking bags.
Old November 13 2009, 05:06 AM   #55
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Does that "10,000 Vulcans left" number include all Vulcans, or just those on the homeworld? Also, was it ever established if Vulcan had colonies? I only recall the colony at the monastery of P'jem, but surely, for a species that had been starfaring for such a while, there must be a number of Vulcan colonies. And if you want to see a young T'Pol, just have Jolene Blalock play T'Pol's half-human daughter. Surely, she might have met another human she could have had a relationship with -- Archer, perhaps? -- RR
Dear god, please no more daughters who look like exact clones of their mothers! There's also so much Hollywood Genetics I can take!

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2009, 05:15 AM   #56
Puritan
Vice Admiral

If T'Pol were to return, I think it'd work better if she weren't played by Jolene Blalock (just as Kirk is not Shatner, Spock is not Nimoy, etc.) but an elderly actress playing an elderly woman to fit the elderly 170-year-old Vulcan she'd be right now. Basically the reverse of T'Pau in the Kir'Shara trilogy, where she's a new character to the general audience, who, if she came back, would have a new storyline self-sufficient within Trek XII... but her presence and name would be a tip of the hat to the longstanding fans.
Puritan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2009, 06:08 AM   #57
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Puritan wrote: View Post
If T'Pol were to return, I think it'd work better if she weren't played by Jolene Blalock (just as Kirk is not Shatner, Spock is not Nimoy, etc.) but an elderly actress playing an elderly woman to fit the elderly 170-year-old Vulcan she'd be right now. Basically the reverse of T'Pau in the Kir'Shara trilogy, where she's a new character to the general audience, who, if she came back, would have a new storyline self-sufficient within Trek XII... but her presence and name would be a tip of the hat to the longstanding fans.
I could accept that but only because being elderly always looks much better than being made up to be elderly.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 13 2009, 06:10 AM   #58
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

I could accept that but only because being elderly always looks much better than being made up to be elderly.
So true, due to the horrible, totally unconvincing aging makeup we usually get to see. I can't think of a single movie or show where it actually looked reasonably convincing.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2009, 06:32 AM   #59
teacake
Fleet Admiral

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
So true, due to the horrible, totally unconvincing aging makeup we usually get to see. I can't think of a single movie or show where it actually looked reasonably convincing.
If you saw someone out in public like that you'd freak!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 13 2009, 10:47 AM   #60
Mach5
Rear Admiral

DevilEyes wrote: View Post