Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old November 3 2009, 04:42 AM   #16
kes7
Fleet Captain

Re: October Challenge Entry: Those Who Live in the Shadow of the Night

Maybe it's because I'm a mom, but I think that movie is a wee bit on the intense side. It doesn't seem to bother my own kids at all, but it does me!

I mean,

I am reminded that I have GOT to make some time to start getting deeper into your writing. I enjoyed this piece immensely, and I think I'd enjoy spending time with your whole AU character group.
kes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2009, 04:52 AM   #17
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

I wonder if it's because maybe kids can't imagine the impact of those things long-term the way an adult can?

And I would certainly love for you to read and review any of my work! I hope that meeting the AU Dukats through the eyes of a character and author I know you like helped with that.
Old November 3 2009, 05:01 AM   #18
kes7
Fleet Captain

This piece definitely did pique my interest even more, but also, the pictures you've been posting have grabbed my attention lately. Not to mention everyone says you're awesome ...

I have read bits and pieces of the Thirteenth Order and liked it a lot. I just need to sit down and read it all. Where is the beginning with your AU? Like if I go over to Ad Astra, what do I start with?
kes7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2009, 05:02 AM   #19
trampledamage
Clone

kes7 wrote: View Post
Maybe it's because I'm a mom, but I think that movie is a wee bit on the intense side. It doesn't seem to bother my own kids at all, but it does me!

I mean,
It's one of the few Pixar movies my kids haven't seen, because I can't watch the beginning without crying and I think that'd bother them way more than anything in the film!

And he says that like it's a bad thing...
trampledamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2009, 03:42 PM   #20
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

kes7 wrote: View Post
This piece definitely did pique my interest even more, but also, the pictures you've been posting have grabbed my attention lately. Not to mention everyone says you're awesome ...

I have read bits and pieces of the Thirteenth Order and liked it a lot. I just need to sit down and read it all. Where is the beginning with your AU? Like if I go over to Ad Astra, what do I start with?
Well...there are actually multiple ways you could read it. You can go chronologically in terms of when the stories happen, or you can go in the order I wrote them (which is the order I posted them to Ad Astra). There's nothing wrong with going that way, although I'll tell you it could be a bit emotional starting with "Sacrifice."

If you do a chronological reading, it goes like so:

"Point of Divergence" (how SigCat begins)

AU Dukat stories

"The Desolate Vigil" (only Part I is complete on this right now)
"Exits in the Haze" (nothing's DIRECTLY shown, but this story is rather intense)
"The Guide"
"Those Who Live in the Shadow of the Night"
"Sacrifice"

AU Mendral stories

"The Image and the Spirit"
"The Exile"
"Captives' Ransom"

The Thirteenth Order is part of a different timeline--the main Sigils and Unions universe.

Last edited by Nerys Ghemor; November 3 2009 at 08:28 PM.
Nerys Ghemor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2009, 06:39 PM   #21
Count Zero
Decidedly something

trampledamage wrote: View Post
It's one of the few Pixar movies my kids haven't seen, because I can't watch the beginning without crying and I think that'd bother them way more than anything in the film!
I always tear up, too. But I'm in the 'children should also be exposed to sad things' camp, so I wouldn't mind my hypothetical kids seeing the movie or myself tearing up. It's one of my favourite movies.
Count Zero is offline   Reply With Quote