Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Web Sites/Design

Web Sites/Design Talk about your websites here!

Old October 30 2009, 12:20 AM   #16
Data Holmes
Admiral

Re: STARSCAPE BBS HAS MOVED

Jay O'Lantern wrote: View Post
40,000 Year Stench wrote: View Post
Dude. Put the forum back RIGHT NOW or I will reach through the screen and choke a bitch. And when I'm done with that I'm going to choke YOU!

Kidding aside [wait, he's KIDDING?! WHEW! --Somebody] put the forum back up and give it a month. I think we can get the population back up and make it alive again.

Gimme a month, tis all I ask.

Otherwise I choke a bitch so hard. [again with the threats, someone should medicate him -- Different Person]
[hey I'm not a doctor I don't medicate people -- Somebody]
In all honesty, I'm tired. I loved that board and still love the community it fostered, but after 5 years and several major crashes with complete database losses in all of them, I just don't have the power to put it all back together again. I believe we've run our course, and I will miss it, but we can move on.

That being said, please visit my dear friends:
http://renext.nusseymagazine.com/

ReNext is an awesome board, and it's atmosphere is like ours. They're a great group of people, and I'm a member there, too. Great board. Great discussion, and they need their help getting their community built from a previous crash.

J.
I tried to re reg there the other day, because I couldn't find my account... It never went through.
Old October 30 2009, 12:23 AM   #17
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Blarg.

Fine.

Give me admin access to what is left of Starscape. I will run the shit for you.

I was only there a few weeks but I quite enjoyed it. I think it is worth one more effort.

Otherwise: choke a bitch.

You are terribly unstable.
Which makes you perfect for the job!

Ah well, nah. I won't be bringing her back.
5 years of great history, though.

Death Panel Holmes wrote: View Post
I tried to re reg there the other day, because I couldn't find my account... It never went through.
Huh. That's odd.

J.
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2009, 12:30 AM   #18
Plecostomus
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Plecostomus

Blarg.

Fine.

Give me admin access to what is left of Starscape. I will run the shit for you.

I was only there a few weeks but I quite enjoyed it. I think it is worth one more effort.

Otherwise: choke a bitch.

You are terribly unstable.
Which makes you perfect for the job!

Ah well, nah. I won't be bringing her back.
5 years of great history, though.

Huh. That's odd.

J.
See, the shit wasn't being run. You need someone who can Run The Shit. Someone who will deal with the fuckery, shenanigans, BS and treachery. Someone who can issue: cutbacks when needed.

Come on John. One more try.
Plecostomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2009, 12:58 AM   #19
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

J, I was very sorry to get your message about this. I'm still hoping that the database will somehow be found and Starscape saved. It's a great community and I know how much it means to you. Perhaps this just a mistake or misunderstanding.

ReNext is an awesome board, and it's atmosphere is like ours. They're a great group of people, and I'm a member there, too. Great board. Great discussion, and they need their help getting their community built from a previous crash.

J.
Thank you very much. We'd very much like to have Starscape members join us at ReNext, though not at the expense of Starscape. If anybody wants to join, please send me a PM here at TrekBBS first, so I can be on the lookout for you and you don't get purged in the daily Bot attack.

Sorry about that. You couldn't find your account because of the Apocalypse last year; everything got lost and we had to start from scratch. That won't happen again as we are taking precautions. As for regging, we're now getting around a hundred Bots a day and it's become nearly impossible to spot legitimate applicants unless I know ahead of time. Please register again; I'll be watching for you and I'll activate your account as soon as I spot you.
Old October 30 2009, 01:01 AM   #20
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

See, the shit wasn't being run. You need someone who can Run The Shit. Someone who will deal with the fuckery, shenanigans, BS and treachery. Someone who can issue: cutbacks when needed.

Come on John. One more try.
Nah.
I just don't have the heart to invest back into it again.

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
J, I was very sorry to get your message about this. I'm still hoping that the database will somehow be found and Starscape saved. It's a great community and I know how much it means to you. Perhaps this just a mistake or misunderstanding.
Well, I checked with the host. The board is definitely gone with no backup data.
Thanks for the condolences RJ. She was a good home.

J.
Old October 30 2009, 01:19 AM   #21
Data Holmes
Admiral

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post

J.
Thank you very much. We'd very much like to have Starscape members join us at ReNext, though not at the expense of Starscape. If anybody wants to join, please send me a PM here at TrekBBS first, so I can be on the lookout for you and you don't get purged in the daily Bot attack.

Sorry about that. You couldn't find your account because of the Apocalypse last year; everything got lost and we had to start from scratch. That won't happen again as we are taking precautions. As for regging, we're now getting around a hundred Bots a day and it's become nearly impossible to spot legitimate applicants unless I know ahead of time. Please register again; I'll be watching for you and I'll activate your account as soon as I spot you.

Fired off a PM RJ.
Old October 30 2009, 01:31 AM   #22
RJDiogenes

Got it, and you're in. Thanks.
Old October 30 2009, 02:00 AM   #23
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Really sorry to hear this, J. It would have been nice to know why they shut it down, though.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2009, 02:02 AM   #24
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
Really sorry to hear this, J. It would have been nice to know why they shut it down, though.
Well, I bring a little update with my response. It would seem our account was confused with another, and ours was deleted.
Before you say anything about fixing it, they don't have a backup, and it was completely accidental. Since our server, host and software were provided to us free of charge, they don't owe us anything.

J.
Old October 30 2009, 03:04 AM   #25
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unicron

Crap, that sucks. I would wholeheartedly welcome any members who wish to join ReNext, as we're always looking for new people and the atmosphere is very similar. All are welcome.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2009, 05:43 AM   #26
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

*** PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ***

J.
Old October 30 2009, 06:57 AM   #27
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

http://www.starscapebbs.com

J.
Old October 30 2009, 10:22 AM   #28
RJDiogenes

That's fantastic, J. I'm glad you kicked that understandable feeling of despair and got Starscape back online. I've already re-regged.

We're still happy to have new friends join at ReNext, of course. If anybody does want to join, please Bookmark this URL (for some reason, other address give sporadic 404 errors):

http://www.nusseymagazine.com/phpBB3Next/
Old October 30 2009, 04:33 PM   #29
Unicron
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unicron

Dang, now I have to register again? Seriously, thanks J. Let's hope they won't delete us again.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Unicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2009, 06:17 PM   #30
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

I sent them a strongly worded email about that one.

J.