TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old October 24 2009, 03:31 AM   #1606
JD
Admiral

Re: Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Thrawn wrote: View Post
Amanda Tapping is NOT Christine Vale. Not in a million years.
I tried Katee Sackhoff, but I couldn't get any pictures I found to line up with the Kira body I was using. I used Amanda Tapping because I know I've heard alot of people, including (I think) KRAD mention her.
captcalhoun wrote: View Post
nor is BB Elias Vaughn.
I don't care for Sean Connery in the role, and BB seemed to have the most positive reaction of the reccomendations that I saw, so I went with BB.
Old October 24 2009, 08:51 PM   #1607
Enterprise1981
Rear Admiral

View Enterprise1981's Twitter Profile

Xander wrote: View Post
Christine Vale - Dina Meyer or Peta Wilson
Then who would be Donatra in "Taking Wing" and "The Red King"?

Tapping or Sackoff as Vale would mean you'd have to ignore references in narratives to her as petite. With that in mind Jessalyn Gislig is another possibility.
Old October 24 2009, 10:21 PM   #1608
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny

Christopher, how's it going??

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2009, 11:15 PM   #1609
Christopher
Writer

BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
It'll be a while before I can get around to this, since I just got CBS's notes on Seek a Newer World and have a fair amount of rewriting to do. If anyone else wants to arrange the casting suggestions by series and weed out the rejected ones, they're welcome to.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2009, 11:34 PM   #1610
Xander
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Enterprise1981 wrote: View Post

Tapping or Sackoff as Vale would mean you'd have to ignore references in narratives to her as petite. With that in mind Jessalyn Gislig is another possibility.
what about Peta Wilson?
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2009, 11:46 PM   #1611
Thrawn
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
BrotherBenny wrote: View Post
It'll be a while before I can get around to this, since I just got CBS's notes on Seek a Newer World and have a fair amount of rewriting to do. If anyone else wants to arrange the casting suggestions by series and weed out the rejected ones, they're welcome to.
Are you working with a specific editor now, or is the whole thing still in flux?
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2009, 12:24 AM   #1612
Christopher
Writer

All I'm sure I can say is that an interim arrangement has been made for works in progress.

Old October 25 2009, 10:13 AM   #1613
Thrawn
Rear Admiral

All I'm sure I can say is that an interim arrangement has been made for works in progress.
It's getting really weird, as a fan, not having any idea who's in charge of this thing. Any idea when we'll find out more?
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2009, 07:12 AM   #1614
Cicero
Admiral

^ I actually prefer it this way. My greatest regret about this board is that reading this forum has rendered the curtain between readers and authors and editors quite threadbare. As much as I like being able to ask questions, it would be nice sometimes to simply enjoy the books with other readers without knowing anything of what's going on behind the scenes.

It's also unfortunate that speculations about future stories and story possibilities are censored here in a way that they aren't in other forums on the board that aren't known to be frequented by creators. Sometimes, it would be fun to speculate.
Old October 27 2009, 06:34 PM   #1615
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

what about Peta Wilson?
For someone described as "petite"? Peta Wilson is 178 cm (5'10") tall.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28 2009, 03:18 AM   #1616
Cicero
Admiral

DevilEyes wrote: View Post

what about Peta Wilson?
For someone described as "petite"? Peta Wilson is 178 cm (5'10") tall.
I rather like Dina Meyer. I think my impressions of Vale in A Time To Kill and A Time To Heal were very much influenced by her. Other writers have written her in a way that seems somewhat slimmer, though - of smaller, less athletic structure.
Old October 28 2009, 09:09 PM   #1617
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

I'm sorry, but what is this 'list' of actors for characters everyone is speaking about?

Aside from that, an idea for a character (who I found a bit annoying, but hopefully she grows) came up yesterday....

One of those random things that pop up....

T'Ryssa Chen-Amerie Rogers

I haven't seen her act, and I'm mostly going on looks (I think she's hot; and I like some of her songs) and she is actually half-Asian....

Other actresses: Denyce Lawton, and Kristen Kreuk....
Old October 28 2009, 11:28 PM   #1618
Christopher
Writer

Joel_Kirk wrote: View Post
I'm sorry, but what is this 'list' of actors for characters everyone is speaking about?
I suggested above that, given how long this thread has become, it might be more convenient if the viable casting suggestions thus far were compiled into a single list that could be used to start a new thread for handy reference. BrotherBenny did the hard work of compiling all the names, and when I suggested organizing it by series, he sent it to me so I could do that. However, it'd be a bigger job than I thought, and I can't do it for a while since I have novel revisions to do, so it's in limbo for now unless someone else volunteers to take over.

T'Ryssa Chen-Amerie Rogers

I haven't seen her act, and I'm mostly going on looks (I think she's hot; and I like some of her songs) and she is actually half-Asian....

Other actresses: Denyce Lawton, and Kristen Kreuk....
Rogers: I looked at some photos on IMDb, and I don't see it. Too glamorous, not cute or tomboyish enough.

Lawton: Looking at her IMDb photos, there are some shots (where she's smiling) where she kind of looks like she might be in the ballpark. Still, not really right.

Kreuk: Achingly gorgeous, but definitely the wrong type personality-wise, and I already see her as T'Lana.

I think too many people here are casting female characters based only on "who I think is hot" rather than "who would be the best actress for the role." It results in a lot of nice pictures to look at but not a lot of really appropriate casting suggestions. T'Ryssa is attractive, but she isn't a knockout or a supermodel type. She's got a girl-next-door kind of appeal, if the girl next door was a tomboy and a troublemaker.

Old October 29 2009, 01:52 AM   #1619
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

Joel_Kirk wrote: View Post
I suggested above that, given how long this thread has become, it might be more convenient if the viable casting suggestions thus far were compiled into a single list that could be used to start a new thread for handy reference. BrotherBenny did the hard work of compiling all the names, and when I suggested organizing it by series, he sent it to me so I could do that. However, it'd be a bigger job than I thought, and I can't do it for a while since I have novel revisions to do, so it's in limbo for now unless someone else volunteers to take over.
I'd like to volunteer to arrange them by series; it might take me awhile since I don't know my own schedule week to week, but I'll see what I can do....
Old October 30 2009, 02:45 AM   #1620
Joel_Kirk
Rear Admiral

Ughhh, I guess I can't edit my post above....

Some suggestions for the voice of Hwii from 'Dark Mirror' that just popped up in my head:
*Cree Summer
*Nancy Cartwright

And yes, Hwii is a 'he'....a dolphin-like alien, IIRC

Everytime he spoke, I heard a lovable voice...that brings out an innocent nature, and makes one say, 'Awwww...'