Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 21 2009, 02:16 PM   #46
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: Admiral Brukk's Lonely Hearts Club

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post
Kreepy Kestra wrote: View Post
" For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love."

Sorry, I know that's really random, but it seemed relevant.
Nice. Where's that from?
It's Francis Bacon, one of his essays, "On Friendship". Also Johnny Five quotes part of it in Short Circuit 2.
Old October 21 2009, 04:32 PM   #47
Pindar
Rear Admiral

View Pindar's Twitter Profile

Hmmm, I shouldn't post in this thread but I have never really felt lonely.

I am married and have been with my wife for 25 years.

If I can find a partner pretty much anyone can.
Pindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2009, 04:44 PM   #48
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

" For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love."

That was said right before he got a punch in the mouth for being a complete tool.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2009, 11:57 PM   #49
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

RJDemonicus wrote: View Post

Nice. Where's that from?
It's Francis Bacon, one of his essays, "On Friendship". Also Johnny Five quotes part of it in Short Circuit 2.
Thanks, I'll look that up. And maybe read some Bacon, too.
Old October 22 2009, 02:13 AM   #50
Capn Flukie
Fleet Admiral

View Capn Flukie's Twitter Profile

Mmmm... bacon.

Sorry. [that's why you're lonely - someone]
Old October 22 2009, 02:28 AM   #51
Jetfire

I prefer to be alone. The friends I had either stabbed me in the back over nothing or just abandoned me when I was not working a few years back. My family is a train wreck and toxic, so I don't want to be around them at all. It never fails every woman I get involved with says "you are the nicest & sweetest guy I have been with" but the relationships end up being physical and I want something more...they just don't work out. I totally give up on meeting someone, getting married and having a family. Plus now that I am broke and have no hopes of finding anything...people act like they don't know me. Being alone is good.
Old October 22 2009, 07:37 AM   #52
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now

Agent Spooky wrote: View Post
Mmmm... bacon.

Sorry. [that's why you're lonely - someone]
You're never alone when the voices in your head are there to comfort you. [Shut up - everyone]

I continue to be Zion Ravescene...
Zulu Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2009, 07:46 AM   #53
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Jetfire wrote: View Post
I prefer to be alone. The friends I had either stabbed me in the back over nothing or just abandoned me when I was not working a few years back. My family is a train wreck and toxic, so I don't want to be around them at all. It never fails every woman I get involved with says "you are the nicest & sweetest guy I have been with" but the relationships end up being physical and I want something more...they just don't work out. I totally give up on meeting someone, getting married and having a family. Plus now that I am broke and have no hopes of finding anything...people act like they don't know me. Being alone is good.
Well, you say being alone is good, but obviously things have been rough on you. I hope you either truly find peace alone, or you find people who can support you in the ways that you deserve.
Old October 22 2009, 11:20 AM   #54
Warped9
Admiral

Well, you say being alone is good, but obviously things have been rough on you. I hope you either truly find peace alone, or you find people who can support you in the ways that you deserve.
I agree

I must say I can empathize to some small extent. When things don't go well it's somewhat comforting to say the hell with it I'd rather be on my own where I don't have to deal with this crap. But for myself, even though I learned to be self-sufficient and can function well on my own the yearning inside for some connection never really goes away, and every so often it comes forth and can feel almost all encompassing.

It may be hard to believe but there are decent people out there, and it's a joy when you find them. Mind you, you also have to be willing to give something of yourself in exchange.
Old October 22 2009, 03:10 PM   #55
Jetfire

Warped9 wrote: View Post
I agree

I must say I can empathize to some small extent. When things don't go well it's somewhat comforting to say the hell with it I'd rather be on my own where I don't have to deal with this crap. But for myself, even though I learned to be self-sufficient and can function well on my own the yearning inside for some connection never really goes away, and every so often it comes forth and can feel almost all encompassing.

It may be hard to believe but there are decent people out there, and it's a joy when you find them. Mind you, you also have to be willing to give something of yourself in exchange.
I hope so. I am always open to people I meet. I really want to move and go somewhere new and see where that takes me. I just know living where I am now...it's a lost cause.

I Thank you both for your words.
Old October 23 2009, 02:43 PM   #56
Warped9
Admiral

I've moved into a new town and I'm feeling pangs for someone I left behind in my old town. We were not involved in the traditional sense (she's married ) but we've had some sort of odd connection for several years that I'm almost sure that if she weren't married I could win her over completely.

That said we had a bond and friendship that I find myself missing more than anything else. I think of her often, particularly as I look around at the new people I'm getting to know and wondering what (if any) friendships may come of it. Even being able to gab about similar interests will be welcome.