Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old October 10 2009, 05:20 PM   #2356
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Wow, nice attempt by Özil.
Old October 10 2009, 05:31 PM   #2357
Iasius
Rear Admiral

First game for Boateng, red-yellow! This is going to get interesting.
Old October 10 2009, 05:56 PM   #2358
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Well, that was close. However, Russia never really took advantage of their numerical superiority. I guess overall, a draw would've been deserved, but for that, Russia needs to score and they did not.
Old October 10 2009, 07:32 PM   #2359
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Iasius wrote: View Post
Well, that was close. However, Russia never really took advantage of their numerical superiority. I guess overall, a draw would've been deserved, but for that, Russia needs to score and they did not.
They should have gotten at least one penalty shot in the end though.
Old October 10 2009, 07:51 PM   #2360
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Iasius wrote: View Post
They should have gotten at least one penalty shot in the end though.
I agree.

Anyway, how serious was England about trying to win against Ukraine? What was the red card for?
Old October 10 2009, 07:54 PM   #2361
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too (I'm not watching the game), and whether or not payback against Croatia plays a little role in losing there today...
Old October 10 2009, 11:18 PM   #2362
Jax
Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland

Just watched highlights on MOTD and they raised a few points thats worth Capello thinking about. Who cares how Heskey helps Rooney the lad is not playing for Villa and its showing. He is not match fit and it will only get worse between now and June (he's not as mobile as he was at the beginning of Q/F)

For me I think Rooney can play with some one like Gabby Agbonlahor who is fast, strong and can hold up the ball since hes used to being a lone strike for U21 & Villa in recent times. Heskey is only 3 inches taller than Gabby so its not a massive loss in height and then we have two strikers who can actually score.

Also we need to produce new CB's because I've never seen Rio have such a poor start to a season with club/country.
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 11:36 PM   #2363
EmperorTiberius
Captain

Shazam! wrote: View Post
It's weird how everyone has written off Liverpool's title challenge because they're 6 points adrift, yet when they were 6 points behind with about 8 games to last season, people thought they could win it.

I don't necessarily believe that Liverpool will (or even can) win the Premier League but writing them off at this stage of the season is nonce-sense.
Writing Liverpool off is always the right and wise thing to do.
EmperorTiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 01:00 AM   #2364
Jax
Admiral

I wonder what light punishment Ukraine will get for attempting to burn down England's penalty box with all those flares after all if we did it then we would probably been chucked out of the World Cup.

Denmark secure there place in the World Cup so Sweden are all but out and Portugal are set make the playoffs. Also today France also secure a playoff spot along with Ireland...

Argentina are the luckiest cunts ever they were drawing 1-1 in the 93rd minute Martin Palermo scored the winner though right after the restart Peru hit the crossbar with last kick of the ball. So 3 teams fight for the last 2 places (1 auto and 1 playoff) Argentina 25, Uruguay 24, Ecuador 23 and on the last day...

Ecuador play Chile who have nothing to play for and if they win then the loser of Argentina vs. Uruguay go out. Dam a draw would of meant Argentina would of been virtually out due to there crap goal difference.
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)

Last edited by A JaxMas Carol; October 11 2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old October 18 2009, 08:21 PM   #2365
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Is it just a coincidence that Liverpool's club shop are currently selling their Liverpool Beach Set (including towel and beachball) for half price?

Rafa should probably buy the beachball in January. Cheap and has a better shot than a lot of his players... sorry, I just can't resist. I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard at anything in a game of football. I do appreciate, though, how Benitez didn't use it to mask his team's performance or blow it out of proportion unnecessarily. Nice change from the usual manager whinging. Be interesting to see how they react against Lyon and United now.
Old October 19 2009, 07:12 AM   #2366
StolenThunder
Poster

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
I do appreciate, though, how Benitez didn't use it to mask his team's performance or blow it out of proportion unnecessarily. Nice change from the usual manager whinging.
Agreed. Balloon og did change the game, but it was early on and Liverpool didn't make much of the rest of the 90 minutes.
StolenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2009, 06:49 AM   #2367
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Interesting results in yesterday's Champions League...
Barcelona loses at home to Rubin Kazan, Liverpool loses against Lyon, Rangers get smashed by Unirea in Ibrox, Dinamo Kiew gets a point against Inter and Alkmaar against Arsenal.
Old October 21 2009, 12:15 PM   #2368
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

All hail the minnows! Finally, some of the groups will actually be interesting! Rubin Kazan though - incredible.
Old October 21 2009, 01:15 PM   #2369
Jax
Admiral

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Interesting results in yesterday's Champions League...
Barcelona loses at home to Rubin Kazan, Liverpool loses against Lyon, Rangers get smashed by Unirea in Ibrox, Dinamo Kiew gets a point against Inter and Alkmaar against Arsenal.
And yet I can't get excited about the group stage despite them not being one sided
Old October 21 2009, 03:43 PM   #2370
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

I dunno it's looking okay at the moment - only Sevilla and Arsenal look like they're through already, though I anticipate United's group will be settled after the two games against Moscow. Liverpool have to win all three remaining games to be certain of going through, Chelsea haven't been playing at all well and their opponents are pretty equally matched, the Inter/Barca group is wide open and the Milan/Madrid group could be very open after they've had their double header.

Basically this is the most interest I've seen in a group stage for a while.