New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the movie...
Excellent 22 14.38%
Above Average 55 35.95%
Average 48 31.37%
Below Average 21 13.73%
Poor 7 4.58%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 19 2009, 11:49 PM   #46
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Re: The Plan - Grading & Discussion

trekkier wrote: View Post
Where are people seeing this?
We "Arn't".

So say we all.
Old October 20 2009, 12:08 AM   #47
Gep Malakai
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Gep Malakai Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gep Malakai

It's a bit confusing, but if you know where to look, there's a torrent of options out there.
Old October 20 2009, 12:08 AM   #48
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Gave it an Above Average.

They should've called it "A Tale of Two Cavils"

It did feel a bit clipshowy, but then again maybe that would be less unwelcome had I not recently rewatched the first three seasons. It's all very fresh in my mind.

I think it did a good enough job of tying in the cylon half, though I think I would've preferred had they gone back farther before the fall. The actual insertion of the final five into the colonies would've been welcome. Also I'm surprised that they went with the "it's all happenstance" route with the final five surviving the initial attack and ending up on Galactica.
Old October 20 2009, 12:10 AM   #49
Candlelight
Admiral

Well I blew myself up in my Viper whilst inside a gas giant, found myself watching The Plan then came back six hours later.

Don't know how the others are doing it.
Old October 20 2009, 12:10 AM   #50
Agent Richard07
Admiral

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
Agent Richard0'Lantern wrote: View Post
- Cavil's evolution throughout the movie was vague, but I did like how it ended. By the way, I was wondering for a while now if the Cavil we saw in season 4 was the only one and it looks like he was. The Cavils had a change of heart and so one of them boxed the rest.
That can't be the case, since we definitely saw multiple Ones in the New Caprica arc and the rest of season 3. Besides, one individual Cylon couldn't box all the other copies of his model, since they would far outnumber and outvote him. But it's clear that Fleet Cavil won the intra-model argument and had Caprica Cavil boxed, because all the other Ones we see in S3 and S4 seem to agree with Fleet Cavil.

It also seems that the main One we see in S4 - the one involved with Boomer and arguing with Ellen - is probably Fleet Cavil.
I just rewatched the ending. It does seem like it was only Caprica Cavil who was boxed. Still, I was and still am under the impression that there was only one Cavil by the end of the series. It certainly looked that way and makes sense given his power hungry ego. Maybe what happened to Caprica Cavil set a precedent. How would one Cavil round up the rest? The same way all the Threes were rounded up I suppose. Hopefully I'll get a better look at all this when I rewatch the entire show again at some point.
Old October 20 2009, 12:21 AM   #51
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
- Cavil's evolution throughout the movie was vague, but I did like how it ended. By the way, I was wondering for a while now if the Cavil we saw in season 4 was the only one and it looks like he was. The Cavils had a change of heart and so one of them boxed the rest.
That can't be the case, since we definitely saw multiple Ones in the New Caprica arc and the rest of season 3. Besides, one individual Cylon couldn't box all the other copies of his model, since they would far outnumber and outvote him. But it's clear that Fleet Cavil won the intra-model argument and had Caprica Cavil boxed, because all the other Ones we see in S3 and S4 seem to agree with Fleet Cavil.

It also seems that the main One we see in S4 - the one involved with Boomer and arguing with Ellen - is probably Fleet Cavil.
I just rewatched the ending. It does seem like it was only Caprica Cavil who was boxed. Still, I was and still am under the impression that there was only one Cavil by the end of the series. It certainly looked that way and makes sense given his power hungry ego. Maybe what happened to Caprica Cavil set a precedent. How would one Cavil round up the rest? The same way all the Threes were rounded up I suppose. Hopefully I'll get a better look at all this when I rewatch the entire show again at some point.
Number Three's entire line was boxed, and that was because the other models voted to have her boxed.

One Cavil could not have boxed the others, unless the other models agreed, and he voted against the others of his model. And it certainly did not happen at least before the Cylon Civil War, because that was the first time an individual Cylon voted differently than the rest of their model (Boomer vs the rest of the Eights).

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
Old October 20 2009, 12:31 AM   #52
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Given what we've seen the Cavil model do, I don't have a hard time believing that one of them can get pretty crafty and manage to box the rest of the line.
Old October 20 2009, 01:01 AM   #53
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

We're assuming that after the Resurection Hub was destroyed he didn't just have the centurions kill the other Cavils.
Old October 20 2009, 01:22 AM   #54
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Well I watched it on my TV, I imagine many others might have done the same, although some may have watched it on computer monitors, and a small few have probably seen it on their wall by use of a projector.

I voted Above Average, although I might have voted average had Fleet Cavil not stabbed that annoying kid towards the end. I agree with most people, the opening showing the attacks on the colonies was excellent, but the rest of the episode felt a bit like a fanwankish clip-show. I would have been okay with that if they had come up with a clever way of tying together all the Cylon actions in the first 2 seasons into a cohesive plan, which is what I was hoping for given the title, but the whole thing is just as convoluted as it seemed from the human point of view.

- I wasn't a fan of the story of the resistance on Caprica, it had its moments but it didn't bring much new to the table.

- I'm of two minds about Boomer. On the one hand, this is probably the only way to explain her actions in the first season, but seeing her talking to Cavil and knowing that she's a Cylon before being resurrected felt a bit off. She accepted that she was a Cylon agent very quickly when she saw the elephant, but after resurrection it took her months to accept that she's a Cylon?

- I would have liked more Doral. I think I understand why he blew himself up, because he was already known to the humans, so was Adama his target?

- I liked the story of Fleet Simon and thought his suicide was very emotional, but I didn't like the fact that they created the character of his wife and shoe-horned her in as one of Tyrol's friends.

- Shelly Godfrey, I don't have much to say about her story, it is pretty much what you would expect. But what happened to prostitute Six?

- Dean Stockwell is great to watch. He could play John Major in a movie and manage to make him interesting and charismatic.

There was no moment where I thought to myself "Aha! It all makes sense now!" which is a pity as I was hoping there might be. It has its moments and some of them are quite powerful, but it as a whole it wasn't the knock-out that it probably could never have been.

Best line: They call this a suicide vest, but I think that undersells all the homicide that goes along with it, don't you?
Old October 20 2009, 01:46 AM   #55
Candlelight
Admiral

TheGhoulBen wrote: View Post
Best line: They call this a suicide vest, but I think that undersells all the homicide that goes along with it, don't you?
Nah, I think the best one was Prostitute-Six:
Boomer jettisoned all the water then she personally found loads more water...

Just the way she says it. Y'know, half drunk and half naked.
Old October 20 2009, 01:48 AM   #56
Candlelight
Admiral

Oh and can someone tell me what was the thing with Sauron's Eye on the Colony?
Old October 20 2009, 01:56 AM   #57
Tom
Rear Admiral

If your not a lawyer you may see the light.. lol
Old October 20 2009, 02:06 AM   #58
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Candlefright wrote: View Post
Nah, I think the best one was Prostitute-Six:
Boomer jettisoned all the water then she personally found loads more water...

Just the way she says it. Y'know, half drunk and half naked.
There was dialogue during that scene?
Old October 20 2009, 02:41 AM   #59
Candlelight
Admiral

FleetLord wrote: View Post
If your not a lawyer you may see the light.. lol
The posters in SFF are burning...
The posters in Misc are burning...
The posters in...
Old October 20 2009, 03:30 AM   #60
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

TheGhoulBen wrote: View Post
- I'm of two minds about Boomer. On the one hand, this is probably the only way to explain her actions in the first season, but seeing her talking to Cavil and knowing that she's a Cylon before being resurrected felt a bit off. She accepted that she was a Cylon agent very quickly when she saw the elephant, but after resurrection it took her months to accept that she's a Cylon?
I'm not sure what you're saying here... I was confused by the Boomer thing as well, at first, and I wondered if we're supposed to think that she knew she was a Cylon. Which would have meant that I would have to spit on The Plan, Jane Espenson and Ron Moore for the biggest, least necessary and most absurd retcon and character assassination of the show - not to mention that it all wouldn't have made any sense at all, because in that case, she wouldn't have been a sleeper agent at all!

Then I noticed the toy elephant thingy and what Cavil was doing with it, and paid more attention to her behavior... And the only way it can all make sense is if, as it seems to me, we're supposed to think that Boomer had some sort of split personality, one who believed she was human, and one who knew she was a Cylon, and the former had no idea what the latter was doing. And the elephant seems to be some sort of device which allowed her 'aware' state to be triggered (and finished). The camera was constantly focusing on the elephant, and Cavil was holding it - or putting it in her arms - whenever he had his conversations with her. In the water scene, she seemed completely baffled by finding herself there (just as she actually was in season 1), right after Cavil left. And in their final conversation, when she was in the brig, it looked like she stopped recognizing him the moment he took the elephant away, when she said "I don't need a priest".

Or, maybe none of this is true, and I'm just giving the writers too much credit and making sense of things, when they're actually morons who have just ignored any continuity and devalued the entire season 1 and Boomer's story.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch