Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 18 2009, 05:12 AM   #1
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Law & Order ep20x04 "Reality Bites" (10/16)

A belated start for a review thread for this episode.

I thought it was pretty awesome. Lupo & Cutter are just loads of fun as the leads. I find Rubirosa to be sexier with each passing episode. And the revelation at the end that Arthur Branch would be the judge on the new reality show made me go .
Old October 18 2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Winged Victory
Captain

Re: Law & Order ep20x04 "Reality Bites" (10/16)

How about that use of the split screen? Very cool! At first it was a little jarring, but Connie and Cutter's conversation was all kinds of excellent. "Arrive again?" Poor Connie! She'd never make it as a tv reality star...

And I was LOL at the end about Arthur being asked to judge that preposterous show...
Old October 18 2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

That bit with Connie yelling into the cellphone about "I'll kill McCoy, I'll kill the producer, I'll kill YOU," while talking to Cutter who is hiding up near the building watching the whole thing, was priceless.

So do you think the guy (Jim Gaffigan) did it or what?

Also, was that yet another cameo appearance by the Unused Rollover Minutes Psycho Lady? On SVU a couple of weeks ago, she played a rape victim with a huge scar on her face. Now I think she was the accountant with the hot legs.

Lupo: I was having a Bad Beard Day.

"Set phasers tae malky!"
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2009, 10:18 PM   #4
GhostFaceSaint
Fleet Captain

This new group in Law and Order has really saved the show from its near cancellation a few seasons ago, hopefully the show stays alive and fresh enough to stay on the air for a few more seasons.
Old October 18 2009, 11:12 PM   #5
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

I hope Van Buren pulls through.

Also, I just gotta say, Linus Roache absolutely rocks. Probably the best casting L&O's done in awhile. I do hope he stays right where he is, career-wise, 'cuz Cutter is brutal in the courtroom scenes. And you'd never guess that Roache's L&O accent is not real...he's that good.

"Set phasers tae malky!"
Old October 19 2009, 01:44 AM   #6
Warped9
Admiral

L&O has really come along in the last couple of seasons. In all candor I was on the verge of becoming board and disinterested until they livened things up with the new cast and better writing again.

I loved this week's episode just as much as I loved the episode dealing with the perspectives on torture.
Old October 19 2009, 01:54 AM   #7
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

Aw, crap. I keep forgetting that L&O is on Fridays at 8 now. I always miss it. Sounds like it was a good one.

Etsy shop
Kira's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2009, 01:59 AM   #8
Warped9
Admiral

Kira's Mummy wrote: View Post
Aw, crap. I keep forgetting that L&O is on Fridays at 8 now. I always miss it. Sounds like it was a good one.
I also almost forgot about that until ten minutes to eight last Friday. Indeed a couple of weeks ago I did forget, tuned in a ten and kicked myself when I realized my mistake.
Old October 19 2009, 04:41 AM   #9
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

did I somehow miss it or are supposed to assume that Jack McCoy was re-elected as DA for New York?

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2009, 04:47 AM   #10
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

Marc wrote: View Post
did I somehow miss it or are supposed to assume that Jack McCoy was re-elected as DA for New York?
Did you see last season's finale?

In a multi episode arc last season, Jack's opponent in the race for DA was sponsored by the (fictional) NY governor. The governor's wife was put in prison, and the gov himself forced to resign, as a result of events in the season's last episode.

So any DA candidate whose patron was that governor, would be doomed to lose the election. And so we're left to assume that Jack's opponent withdrew, and Jack was then elected (presumably unopposed).

"Set phasers tae malky!"
Old October 19 2009, 05:40 AM   #11
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Marc wrote: View Post
Did you see last season's finale?

In a multi episode arc last season, Jack's opponent in the race for DA was sponsored by the (fictional) NY governor. The governor's wife was put in prison, and the gov himself forced to resign, as a result of events in the season's last episode.

So any DA candidate whose patron was that governor, would be doomed to lose the election. And so we're left to assume that Jack's opponent withdrew, and Jack was then elected (presumably unopposed).

Yeah I saw the Govenor go down and remember Cutter talking about the polls opening in 6 hours never thought about the other canidate withdrawing.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19 2009, 05:51 AM   #12
Timby
I AM the League of Mallows...

GhostFaceSaint wrote: View Post
This new group in Law and Order has really saved the show from its near cancellation a few seasons ago, hopefully the show stays alive and fresh enough to stay on the air for a few more seasons.
While I agree that Vanilla is at its highest peak ever since Jerry Orbach's departure, surviving for a few more seasons is highly doubtful. Already very costly to produce between New York filming permits (and the ancillary costs going along with crowd and traffic control), actor and crew salaries, etc., the show is performing horribly, ratings-wise, this season. Granted, much of that is due to being shunted once again to the Friday night graveyard, but the financial realities facing the program's future are ... well, undeniable. There's a reason that NBC placed only a 16-episode order for this year, after all.

Heck, the only reason it survived to this season is because NBC wanted Dick Wolf to shut up about the fucking Gunsmoke record. (Well, that, plus the network wants to keep a decent relationship with him because of a planned Law & Order: Los Angeles spin-off for 2011 / 2012 or so.)
Old October 19 2009, 11:15 AM   #13
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

^I will tolerate no further nay-saying about the future of Law & Order. This show shall last a thousand years! (At which point, maybe Universal will finally get around to releasing the DVDs of Season 7.)

I had no idea Linus Roache wasn't American! His accent is perfect. As the show goes on, it's getting to the point where Cutter may be surpassing Jack McCoy as my all time favorite Law & Order character. He's an even more skilled courtroom ball buster than McCoy ever was.

Lupo was great here. "Bad beard day."

The accountant sitting on her desk was hot & adorable.

When last season ended, even though there was that scandal with the governor, it sounded like it was still a tight race between Jack McCoy & Joe Schappell. I can tell you I breathed an enormous sigh of relief when I saw that McCoy & Rubirosa were back in the promos for this season. I was certain they were setting up a major cast changeover with that election last year.

I agree this cast is among the strongest in Law & Order's history. I thought they took a bit of a dip in Season 17 when they replaced Joe Fontana with Nina Cassidy. But now, Lupo, Cutter, & Rubirosa make this must see TV for me again.
Old October 19 2009, 11:43 AM   #14
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Timby wrote: View Post
(Well, that, plus the network wants to keep a decent relationship with him because of a planned Law & Order: Los Angeles spin-off for 2011 / 2012 or so.)
Just what we need: Another show set in LA.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote