RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,722
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 783
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the movie...
Excellent 22 14.38%
Above Average 55 35.95%
Average 48 31.37%
Below Average 21 13.73%
Poor 7 4.58%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 14 2009, 03:59 AM   #1
Agent Richard07
Admiral

The Plan - Grading & Discussion

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for The Plan.
***SPOILERS AHEAD***

THE PLAN

"Just after the destruction of the Twelve Colonies, two Cylon agents discuss the problem of the remaining humans, both on the planets, and those who have escaped into space. From there, the events of the series are shown from a Cylon perspective, and their underlying plan is revealed."- Wikipedia
Old October 14 2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Plan - Grading & Discussion

This is still two weeks away...had my hopes up for a second.
Old October 14 2009, 08:23 AM   #3
Candlelight
Admiral

Well at least one person has already seen it...
Old October 15 2009, 03:57 AM   #4
Tom
Rear Admiral

And... if i get my hands on it early you can to LOL!
Old October 18 2009, 07:27 PM   #5
TheOnes
Lieutenant

This was incredible. Provided excellent backstory and increased character depth for several characters in an interesting way. The destruction of the Colonies, Holy crap that was gorgeous (although as a visual effects artist myself, i was cringing at some of the huge water splashes and explosions, but only in 4 shots. The entire scene as a whole was brilliantly done and excellently narrated by the Hybrid (gave me chills), and i particularly loved how Leoban knew about Starbuck and why he thought she had a destiny

Although some criticisms are to be had. Cavil sleeping, i thought he deleted that particular subroutine years ago (although they never showed him sleep, he was in pajamas's and in a bed with Six, which suggested he was about to. I mean there are other ways to get progress reports). And Shelly Godfree's explanation. This felt very flat for me as i felt more satisfied believing it was Angel!Six manifested as a physical being, which was a prelude to what Starbuck was and this disappointed me (although it did lead into explaining the cylons showing up right after Boomer shot Adama)

Overall, an excellent addition to the BSG universe and a treasure to be had, even with some of the flaws (which is just personal preference). If it is the last segment of BSG we get (excluding Caprica), then it ended in a very satisfying and brilliant way, although i really wish this sells 300,000 copies cause i still want more
Old October 18 2009, 08:32 PM   #6
Tom
Rear Admiral

I liked it. The sfx were great and the story was good. We got to see several of the other colonies as they were and then there cities burning after the attack.
Old October 18 2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Dac
Commodore

View Dac's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dac

Opening 20 minutes or so were fantastic. I got the same kind of chills from that when I watched T2, namely Sarah's dream. Simply stunning. A haunting look at what we didnt see from the Mini series....amazing.

The rest of it....meh, some parts of it were good, but others not so much.

I agree with TheOnes though, some of the CG shots in the attack were awful, the worst of the series. However, some of the stuff later on (namely centurions) were fantastic.

I was about to give it an Average, but since typing this Ive listened to the whole of the credits score, and I was shocked at how it was a remix of the main title. It was brilliant in its own right, and rounded out the piece brilliantly.

Overally, a high Above Average from me.
Old October 18 2009, 09:01 PM   #8
vampgrrl
Fleet Captain

Bear will be releasing a Razor and Plan CD at some point as well (more Bear is GOOD)
Old October 18 2009, 09:03 PM   #9
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Yeah, can't wait for a Razor/The Plan CD.
Old October 18 2009, 09:59 PM   #10
Tom
Rear Admiral

I going to do the full screencap process soon, some cool images. We finaley see the basestars turn there top and bottom sections and align themselves in more of an arrow shape for atomosheric decent, very cool. I aree with Dac that the first 20 minutes were great, the rest calmed down into a more characher driven story.
Old October 18 2009, 10:06 PM   #11
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Two words come to mind (assuming I was able to see it, which I can not claim either way)

CLIP SHOW
Old October 18 2009, 10:19 PM   #12
Dac
Commodore

BTW, who round here called The Plan the "Dean Stockwell Vanity Project"? Because they were bang on the money in that regard :P
Old October 18 2009, 10:42 PM   #13
Tom
Rear Admiral

Cavil got by more air time than anyone, Tori got the least, they show her driving on Delphi, Caprica in the beginning and then a brief non-dialogue cameo at the end, she had basicaly zero story, Deanna was mentioned and a cameo shot (from a bsg episode) shown but she was out of it because Lucy Lawless was not part of the film. Tori was part of the film but she was in barely anything.
Old October 18 2009, 11:14 PM   #14
Dac
Commodore

Ok, listening to the credits again, I cant figure it out. I swear ive heard the words before, but is it from the main title or Lords of Kobol from S2?
Old October 18 2009, 11:16 PM   #15
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Dac wrote: View Post
Ok, listening to the credits again, I cant figure it out. I swear ive heard the words before, but is it from the main title or Lords of Kobol from S2?
I'd wager a guess that its the words to the "theme" song