Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Rabid"
SUPERMAN (Excellent) 5 13.89%
Red/Blue Blur (Above Average) 12 33.33%
CLARK KENT (Average) 11 30.56%
Kal (Below Average) 5 13.89%
BIZARRO (Poor) 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 10 2009, 10:33 PM   #61
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

Re: Smallville 9x03 "Rabid" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

nx1701g wrote: View Post
^ Yes, before the move they averaged double that.
I wish they didn't move it...personally I think The CW is a waist.

The only shows I watch are Smallville, Supernatural & The Vampire Diaries...I did watch One Tree Hill...but it doesn't interest me anymore.

S.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 11:16 PM   #62
Lookingglassman
Admiral

It was okay.

I was hoping for Clark to do more fighting against zombies.

I don't get the whole Zod story line. Didnt he possess Lex and Clark banished him to the Phantom Zone? How did he get out and where did this army come from?

Green Arrow' storyline is boring. WHy is he even feeling bad? It has been so long I have forgotten what drove him into depression.

Chloe needs to die. She is turning into a whiner. Why is she spying on Oliver and the rest. I heard them talking about it, but the excuse sounded lame.
Lookingglassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 11:28 PM   #63
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Lookingglassman wrote: View Post
I don't get the whole Zod story line. Didnt he possess Lex and Clark banished him to the Phantom Zone? How did he get out and where did this army come from?
The implication is that Zod and Co. are copies of the originals and were from a time before Zod became "evil" and was sent in the phantom zone.

Chloe needs to die. She is turning into a whiner. Why is she spying on Oliver and the rest. I heard them talking about it, but the excuse sounded lame.
Chloe has outlived her usefulness on this show by several seasons. Personally, I don't think the writers know what to do with her anymore, so they keep giving her story lines that feel forced, unneeded, or goes nowhere (does anyone remember when she was a meteor freak?).

The last two episodes, she was all mad at Clark, but it was completely unbelievable (at least at the extent of it) and it didn't really work.
Old October 10 2009, 11:33 PM   #64
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Yeah, her meteor power (the healing) mysterious went away after the Brianiac incident.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 01:15 AM   #65
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Yeah, her meteor power (the healing) mysterious went away after the Brianiac incident.
It was gone way before then.
Old October 11 2009, 01:25 AM   #66
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She's like my personal opium. As soon as she walks in a scene all my scepticism goes numb and my suspension of disbelief swells into a monstrous life of it's own that i am afeared of being taken over and ejected as stool from what was once my own body. i dare not war with my lust for Chloe or it will beat me like drum in a def leopard coverband.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 01:32 AM   #67
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

I enjoyed Chloe when she was infected by Braniac. Chloe playing Watchtower is interesting better than Torch Chloe...which I hated. I never really cared for the character but she is the only female from Smallville I have had sexy dreams about...twice . Too much Info???

S.
Old October 11 2009, 01:42 AM   #68
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Not at all.

Please continue.

God help us though, did you think you were Welling?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 01:49 AM   #69
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Not at all.

Please continue.

God help us though, did you think you were Welling?
Um no I was me. She was amazing ...I am going to stop this is getting off topic.

I will say this about "Rabid" it beats those episodes with meteor-freak beauty queens and homicidal plastic surgeons.

S.
Old October 11 2009, 02:04 AM   #70
the Dagman
Commodore

Lookingglassman wrote: View Post
They are actually two distinct beings that diverged from a single one many years ago. Zod did not go bad, betray the ruling Science Council of Krypton and get sentenced to the Phantom Zone for eternity until he was a General. This Zod is Major Zod (a couple of ranks below General). Or at least this Zod was grown from a blood sample and stored memories of Major Zod contained within the Orb that Tess unleashed at the end of last season. The fate of General Zod remains the same, as the clone Major Zod has no bearing on what happened to the General. The Orb was apparently a genetic back-up file of Krypton's elite, designed to keep the race alive should Jor-El (the Orb's creator) fail to save his people from Krypton's destruction.

What I think is confusing you is that the clones don't yet realize they are clones. They assume they are the originals who were somehow transported to Earth.

And there is a clone of Jor-El running around in Turkey now as well (and likely the only one of the new Kryptonians who has a real idea of what is going on, since he has the memories of why the Orb was made and why blood samples and memories were duplicated in it). A duplicate made from before he and Lara had a son most likely. It is going to be interesting to see him meet a grown son he never knew he had. And I wager he gets a trip to the Fortress, a download of the memories that his older AI self in the Fortress has, and his full powers unleashed. And I like their choice for the actor to play him, as long as they dye his hair black. I won't say who it is. Spoilers are out there if you want them.
Old October 11 2009, 02:34 AM   #71
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

the Dagman wrote: View Post
And there is a clone of Jor-El running around in Turkey now as well (and likely the only one of the new Kryptonians who has a real idea of what is going on, since he has the memories of why the Orb was made and why blood samples and memories were duplicated in it). A duplicate made from before he and Lara had a son most likely. It is going to be interesting to see him meet a grown son he never knew he had. And I wager he gets a trip to the Fortress, a download of the memories that his older AI self in the Fortress has, and his full powers unleashed. And I like their choice for the actor to play him, as long as they dye his hair black. I won't say who it is. Spoilers are out there if you want them.
I guess he works, I will say who it is

S.
Old October 12 2009, 02:08 AM   #72
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I went in not knowing what to expect. Then when I saw Lois, or rather, just before she turned around, I thought... Hey, they're jumping on the latest Zombie bandwagon. What's with all the zombie stuff out now anyway? Is it because of Zombieland?

Anyhoo...

The highlight of the episode? Ollie gettin' it on with the police officer.

I don't know why she's surprised. Everyone's got platinum these days.

Wolvermouse wrote: View Post
Ahhh. Crazy Joe Davola!
I have the same thought everytime I see those closing credits.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 03:10 AM   #73
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Agent Richard0'Lantern wrote: View Post
I went in not knowing what to expect. Then when I saw Lois, or rather, just before she turned around, I thought... Hey, they're jumping on the latest Zombie bandwagon. What's with all the zombie stuff out now anyway? Is it because of Zombieland?

Anyhoo...

The highlight of the episode? Ollie gettin' it on with the police officer.

I don't know why she's surprised. Everyone's got platinum these days.

Wolvermouse wrote: View Post
Ahhh. Crazy Joe Davola!
I have the same thought everytime I see those closing credits.
I wonder if he does his Producer work dressed as a crazy clown?
Old October 12 2009, 12:31 PM   #74
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I liked the rabid Lois very scary looking. Of course the whole seeding clouds rain thing had me rolling off the couch in laughter.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2009, 09:15 PM   #75
nx1701g
Admiral

^ Me too.