RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,340
Posts: 5,353,709
Members: 24,619
Currently online: 570
Newest member: nmatos2005

TrekToday headlines

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 10 2009, 09:39 AM   #31
Pingfah
Admiral
 
Pingfah's Avatar
 
Location: Cornwall, UK
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

Kegg wrote: View Post
So, this is the market strategy:

Attract younger customers by showing nearly-naked pictures of a cartoon woman for cash, when those people could just as easily get more graphic porn of the same woman for free on the internet (should they, you know, be so inclined.)

Am I missing something here? Is it the sheer novelty factor that's supposed to spur that impulse buying?
Well, it's not the sexual allure of a yellow cartoon character, so yes, i'd say it's the novelty value.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable way to sell magazines to me, it's just a bit of a joke with one of the world's most popular cartoon characters. People do seem to be taking Playboy a little seriously.
__________________
So it goes.
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 05:56 PM   #32
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

I wonder what Bart will do when he gets his hands on this issue...
__________________

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 07:00 PM   #33
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
I wonder what Bart will do when he gets his hands on this issue...
The words "Ay carumba" spring to mind...

Hey, it might be cute if the show did a tie-in episode for this issue, a story wherein Marge (for some reason) decides to pose for Playboy. Kinda like how "Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words" featured a New York Times Sunday crossword with a hidden message from Homer to Lisa (encoded acrostically in the first letters of the clues), and the actual NYT Sunday crossword published the day that episode aired was the exact same one seen in the episode and actually did contain that message.
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 07:52 PM   #34
WillsBabe
Vice Admiral
 
WillsBabe's Avatar
 
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

Yay! New Stephen King fic!
__________________



WillsBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 11:02 PM   #35
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

TharpDevilport wrote: View Post
If this is real, and any guy here buys it and wanks off to it ... you shouldn't be allowed to have a penis.
This is why everyone should be gay.
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 11:16 PM   #36
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
TharpDevilport wrote: View Post
If this is real, and any guy here buys it and wanks off to it ... you shouldn't be allowed to have a penis.
This is why everyone should be gay.


If everyone were gay, the world would be like a rainbow-colored Children of Men.
__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2009, 11:41 PM   #37
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Space Massachusetts
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

the_constable wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
TharpDevilport wrote: View Post
If this is real, and any guy here buys it and wanks off to it ... you shouldn't be allowed to have a penis.
This is why everyone should be gay.


If everyone were gay, the world would be like a rainbow-colored Children of Men.

Is there a porno version I don't know about?
__________________
The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.
bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 01:02 AM   #38
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
the_constable wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post

This is why everyone should be gay.


If everyone were gay, the world would be like a rainbow-colored Children of Men.

Is there a porno version I don't know about?
Most likely. There's a porno version of everything.
__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 01:53 AM   #39
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...
 
Count Zero's Avatar
 
Location: Land of Awesome
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

the_constable wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
the_constable wrote: View Post



If everyone were gay, the world would be like a rainbow-colored Children of Men.

Is there a porno version I don't know about?
Most likely. There's a porno version of everything.
Well, they had to try really hard to ascertain that women really couldn't get pregnant, anymore...
__________________
"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi
Count Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 06:35 AM   #40
Brutal Strudel
Rear Admiral
 
Brutal Strudel's Avatar
 
Location: Here, frozen between time and place, not even the brightest lights escape...
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

the_constable wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
TharpDevilport wrote: View Post
If this is real, and any guy here buys it and wanks off to it ... you shouldn't be allowed to have a penis.
This is why everyone should be gay.


If everyone were gay, the world would be like a rainbow-colored Children of Men.
What's so bad about that? This planet would be far better off without humanity--we are a blight, more devastating to the world around our mutant monkey asses than was the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. That's not opinion, it's been documented.

Of course, I just had the time of my life orally exploring the nether parts of a very beautiful and very female exotic dancer so I'd just as soon limit the species to non-procreative sex of any kind. But I thought CoM was the feel-good movie of the year till that damned baby showed up.
__________________
Once every lifetime, we're swallowed by the whale.
Brutal Strudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 03:01 PM   #41
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

So, is this evidence of Simpsons jumping the shark, or of Playboy jumping the shark?
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 03:53 PM   #42
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

Are there any sharks The Simpsons haven't already jumped? They haven't just jumped the shark, they've gotten it pregnant, married it, and settled down to raise a family with it.




(Do sharks get pregnant? Well, they are oviparous, but most sharks' eggs do develop and hatch within their bodies, so it's sort of like pregnancy. Besides, it's a metaphorical shark anyway.)
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 08:50 PM   #43
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral
 
Gil T.Azell's Avatar
 
Location: On the Left Coast
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

Christopher wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
I wonder what Bart will do when he gets his hands on this issue...
The words "Ay carumba" spring to mind...

Hey, it might be cute if the show did a tie-in episode for this issue, a story wherein Marge (for some reason) decides to pose for Playboy. Kinda like how "Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words" featured a New York Times Sunday crossword with a hidden message from Homer to Lisa (encoded acrostically in the first letters of the clues), and the actual NYT Sunday crossword published the day that episode aired was the exact same one seen in the episode and actually did contain that message.
I was just going to mention something along this line, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see the slide this into an episode some where
__________________
When you walk into a building soaking wet and someone asks you if it is raining then just smile and answer:"No, I just took my fish for a walk!"
Gil T.Azell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 08:58 PM   #44
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

Christopher wrote: View Post
Are there any sharks The Simpsons haven't already jumped? They haven't just jumped the shark, they've gotten it pregnant, married it, and settled down to raise a family with it.
They then jumped their baby shark/Simpson hybrids.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2009, 09:23 PM   #45
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now
 
Zion Ravescene's Avatar
 
Re: Simpson poses nude for Playboy

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Are there any sharks The Simpsons haven't already jumped? They haven't just jumped the shark, they've gotten it pregnant, married it, and settled down to raise a family with it.
They then jumped their baby shark/Simpson hybrids.
The baby sharks then got killed by attempting to jump other baby sharks, then got replaced by similar-looking sharks while everyone else pretended nothing ever happened.
__________________
"Everybody has a secret world inside of them..." -- Neil Gaiman
"In Germany, fear comes before sex... and if you're lucky, then a little bit later, an elf." -- Victoria Coren Mitchell

Zion Ravescene is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
playboy, simpsons

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.