MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 9 2009, 12:57 AM   #16
Aragorn
Admiral

Re: Replacing Smallville...

Christopher wrote: View Post
How about Peter Parker: The High School Years? Follow the adventures of nerd, weakling, and social outcast Peter Parker as he... umm... studies, doesn't get invited to parties, dotes on his elderly aunt and uncle, worships Liz Allan from afar but gets nowhere with her, and does nothing even remotely heroic or dangerous. Ohh, the drama!
On the CW, Peter would still get his powers but then not want to deal with the great responsibility, and instead spend the whole time angst-filled and pining over Mary Jane while ignoring Gwen Stacy.

But someone who was bit by a radioactive spider is the only one that can stop a madman who was bit by a radioactive mantis. And a guy who was bit by a radioactive pig. And a guy who was bit by a radioactive pigeon. And a guy who was bit by a radioactive venus flytrap...
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 01:20 AM   #17
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
RandyS wrote: View Post
I'd like to see that Young Bruce Wayne series the producers were planning before they made Smallville.
According to Warner Brothers they will never authorize a live action Batman television show.
Thank goodness!
Old October 9 2009, 02:23 AM   #18
Trek4Ever
Fleet Captain

Diana before Wonder Woman -- every week, she works out, rides horses, reads ancient scrolls, hangs out with her Amazon sisters, and enjoys the unbroken peace and tranquillity of Themiscyra, facing no peril of any kind! (Although if you threw in some lesbian romance and a lot of bathing scenes, that might work...)
If it stars Olivia Munn as Diana, I'd tune in to watch!
Trek4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 02:50 AM   #19
Technobuilder
Commodore

I know the thread has no gone down the "funny" path, but I was dead serious.

Starman: Jack Knight (Defender of Opal City)Seriously, who here wouldn't want to see "The Shade" in live-action?

Based on the comics run, it would be epic.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 03:11 AM   #20
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Sub-Mariner or Doctor Strange. Either would have prohibitive SFX budgets.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 04:30 AM   #21
Buck Rogers
Captain

I beg to differ What about a post Ironman movie based series having Tony combat not only armored foes,but business rivals that try ruin Stark Industries it could lead into a Live action Avengers series as spin off. Cameos by Sam Jackson as Nick Fury.

I could get into an X Men prequel series showing formation of the School for gifted children to how did Professor X get into his famous wheelchair.
Yes I did watch Wolverine X Men Origins on demand,and saw Professor X standing on his two feet.
As to a real network ,running a series like the Marvel live action ones SyFy comes to mind. DC will stick, with CW because of the current track record with Smallville.

Thats my two cents

Signed

Buck Rogers
Buck Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 07:18 AM   #22
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Buck Rogers wrote: View Post
I beg to differ What about a post Ironman movie based series having Tony combat not only armored foes,but business rivals that try ruin Stark Industries it could lead into a Live action Avengers series as spin off. Cameos by Sam Jackson as Nick Fury.

I could get into an X Men prequel series showing formation of the School for gifted children to how did Professor X get into his famous wheelchair.
Yes I did watch Wolverine X Men Origins on demand,and saw Professor X standing on his two feet.
As to a real network ,running a series like the Marvel live action ones SyFy comes to mind. DC will stick, with CW because of the current track record with Smallville.

Thats my two cents

Signed

Buck Rogers
IIRC he was crippled when an alien called Lucifer dropped a rock on him.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 02:25 PM   #23
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I could see a Starman as well although way to mentally challenging for todays viewers.

The Question also has solid potential for a series. Be it a male or female version.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 05:37 PM   #24
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

I'd like to see that Young Bruce Wayne series the producers were planning before they made Smallville.
According to Warner Brothers they will never authorize a live action Batman television show. I remember reading that they were pissed when he was shown for five seconds on Birds of Prey and when Alfred called him on the phone in the final scene of the series finale.
Why won't they allow a live action Batman series? It would be a money maker (presumably) for them, and I can't see a studio turning down a chance to make money.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 05:42 PM   #25
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

I Got A Rock wrote: View Post
How about Peter Parker: The High School Years? Follow the adventures of nerd, weakling, and social outcast Peter Parker as he... umm... studies, doesn't get invited to parties, dotes on his elderly aunt and uncle, worships Liz Allan from afar but gets nowhere with her, and does nothing even remotely heroic or dangerous. Ohh, the drama!
Hey! The episode where he breaks his pencil during his final exam would be intense!
Yep. A "Very Special Episode".

RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 06:29 PM   #26
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

I'd love to see a well done live action Batman TV series, so the CW obviously can't touch such an idea, lol.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 07:14 PM   #27
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

According to Warner Brothers they will never authorize a live action Batman television show. I remember reading that they were pissed when he was shown for five seconds on Birds of Prey and when Alfred called him on the phone in the final scene of the series finale.
Why won't they allow a live action Batman series? It would be a money maker (presumably) for them, and I can't see a studio turning down a chance to make money.
It is part of the whole "Bat-Embargo" since the Nolan film series is, presumably, still going.
Old October 9 2009, 08:00 PM   #28
Harvey
Admiral

Because they figure they'll make more money with the Nolan film series, and any dodgy television show (because, let's face it, this is the CW) will only harm the brand (and potential box office).

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2009, 08:54 PM   #29
nx1701g
Admiral

^ The two above me are the reason. It's also why you won't see Batman related characters on Smallville.
Old October 9 2009, 10:19 PM   #30
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I wouldn't mind seeing a Justin Hartley Green Arrow series, I can see the upcoming episode featuring Speedy (Mia) setting up a spin off. We have also discussed before the possibility of a Legion of Superheroes spin off as well. Although I think it could have the problem of easily being the CW's most expensive series, the characters fit their demographic and their motto of airing shows to a young and "kewl" audience. I would establish a pilot featuring Rokk, Imra, and Garth and then add three more core members including Brainiac 13.

Christopher's suggestion of Tales of Asgard (Marvel is doing a animated series with a young Thor btw Chris in 2011 called Thor: Tales of Asgard) reminds me of Young Hercules starring Ryan Gosling.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote