RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,700
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 748
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old October 2 2009, 02:24 AM   #1
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Halloween Costume Thread!

It's October the 1st -- time to start thinking about those costumes, if you haven't already! So, what are you planning on being this year? Homemade or storebought?

Share you ideas and progress here. Celebrate brand new ideas and costumes past! Post pictures!

As for me, I might recycle my old Dangermouse costume from last year, seeing as I'm short on cash.

But I also like the idea of being a gay sailor, with a thick moustache and anchor tattoos and such. I'd have to do some serious bosom-binding, but I already have the sailor hat.

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 02:30 AM   #2
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: Halloween Costume Thread!

http://www.cosplaymagic.com/fifaviirushc.html I've ordered this, and TSC, I think you just turned me into a furry
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 02:35 AM   #3
JonathonWally
Admiral

View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally

Still putting it all together and making my trips to the sewing supply store. I don't know exactly what it is yet, but will post pics when it's together.
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
JonathonWally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 02:44 AM   #4
J. Allen
Squeaky Clean

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

THEBurgerKing wrote: View Post
http://www.cosplaymagic.com/fifaviirushc.html I've ordered this, and TSC, I think you just turned me into a furry
Well it's about time!

This year, I'm not sure. We'll have actual trick or treaters this year, since we now live in a nicer, less gang related neighborhood, so I want to dress up. It has to be cheap. Hell, I may go as the cheap detective. I haven't made that costume since I was 12.

J.

-= All fantasy teaches me is that reality sucks. =-
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 02:48 AM   #5
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Heh. I've been trying to figure out who TSC is. It's going to take me a while to get used to the Halloween names!

View my art!
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 02:53 AM   #6
AstroSmurf
Vice Admiral

I love it tsq! The Mighty Minnie Mouse and your new "sailor" idea are fabulous.

This is me last year as a fairy. (A recycled costume due to time.) In the first one, my hair had collapsed. The second is a better shot of the make-up.

This is from the year before as Jekyll and Hyde.

Both were mostly made by my own two hands.

This year I am doing the Starfleet uniform from the new movie. I loved the costumes. And believe it or not, I have never done a Trek costume before so I thought why not. So I bought a large uniform shirt off Amazon and I am pulling it apart so I can use the fabric to make my own. I am going to finish the shoulder and neck seams off correctly, remove the screen-printed delta and toss the attached dickie. I am also going to line it and tailor it to my body. I bought a pair of pants that I am in the process of coloring and altering with some additional details to match the movie version. I purchased boots (that are as close as I could find to the movie version) and a mock turtleneck to go under the uniform top. I also ordered a gun belt (the same type used in the movie) and some belt keepers. And I bought the Playmates phaser/communicator play belt so I can use the holsters for my belt. The hardest part is the raised delta on the chest of the uniform top. If I can't get a hold of a real one by Halloween (they are working on releasing a metal pin like the one in the special edition BluRay set) I am going to make my own out of sheet styrene and finish it to look like brushed pewter. I still have a lot to do but I will post pictures as I finish things. I am so excited!

“Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.” ~ The Doctor
AstroSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 03:29 AM   #7
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Nice pics. I'll see if I can dig up some of my old Halloween photos.

This year, my costume has to do with Karl Urban and his appearance in a popular sci-fi movie.
Old October 2 2009, 06:12 AM   #8
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

I am going to have to think up something awesome since it will be first company party.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 06:23 AM   #9
Daneel
Rear Admiral

I'm going to be working on Halloween night... but the good news is I'm working the annual Halloween Haunt at Canada's Wonderland! So my costume is provided for me by the good folks at Cedar Fair Entertainment.

I was supposed to be some sort of mutant "Frogman", but the mask didn't really work out. So they gave me another one that fits better -- I have no idea what it is... some sort of freaky monster-thing. And I still have the Frogman bodysuit, so I guess I'm a hybrid monster now, or something.

We open tomorrow night. I'm very excited about it, and hoping to scare the crap out of a few people!
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 06:31 AM   #10
Kestra
Vice Admiral

I didn't have a good time at the party I went to last year, and I'm over the whole dress-slutty-drink-a-lot thing, so I almost was going to skip Halloween this year. But instead, we are having a few couples over and we are doing a murder mystery!

I tried to give people characters they'd like, so I've ended up with the part of a country vineyard owner. I haven't decided exactly what to wear yet, but I'm open to suggestions! Either way I'm really looking forward to it (and hoping I'm not the murderer).
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2009, 11:07 AM   #11
Emher
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher

The extent of my costume is just my name change and avatar. Sadly don't have the time for Halloween nor do I know anyone celebrating it around here :/ I really should just go over to the US on Halloween at some point.
Old October 2 2009, 06:47 PM   #12
trekkiedane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane

Brukk wrote: View Post
The extent of my costume is just my name change and avatar. Sadly don't have the time for Halloween nor do I know anyone celebrating it around here :/ I really should just go over to the US on Halloween at some point.
That's actually not a bad idea!!! -Let's have a big Halloween T-BBS meet-up party somewhere in the US someday
Old October 3 2009, 07:34 AM   #13
captcalhoun
Admiral

I love it tsq! The Mighty Minnie Mouse and your new "sailor" idea are fabulous.
that's DANGER MOUSE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrM0E9pag8E
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3 2009, 08:34 AM   #14
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

One of my favorite Halloween costumes - TOS Starfleet Medical/Science Uniform, 1999

Halloween 2003 - Harry Potter/Hogwarts Uniform; my co-workers and I

Halloween 2004 - Drone travels to Middle-earth; Lord of the Rings Hobbit Costume

Halloween 2006 - Back in Starfleet Outfit; Me and the kids

Old October 3 2009, 08:55 AM   #15
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Say, what's the size limit on images? Sorry if the pics I posted were too big. They're usually resized when I upload to Photobucket.