RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,711
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 498
Newest member: fanficfan

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Savior"
SUPERMAN (Excellent) 4 11.43%
Red-Blue Blur (Above Average) 14 40.00%
CLARK KENT (Average) 11 31.43%
Kal (Below Average) 2 5.71%
BIZARRO (Poor) 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 26 2009, 06:08 AM   #91
the Dagman
Commodore

Re: Smallville 9x01 "Savior" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Red Ranger wrote: View Post
It seems like this Zod has no memory of when he took over Lex's body.
As I noted in my prior post, this appears to be a duplicate of Zod taken before the battle of Kandor, before he became General Zod, betrayed the Science Council and was banished to the Phantom Zone. So this Zod isn't necessarily a villain (nor the Zod that possessed Lex), and aside from taking Tess prisoner for a few weeks, neither are the other ones. Merely loyal Kryptonians from the military caste plopped down into a foreign land without warning and looking for a few answers. It should be interesting when Clark crosses their path and they find out a member of the Science caste and son of Councilor Jor-El is here with them, not to mention if they find the Fortress.
Old September 26 2009, 08:10 AM   #92
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

kal can't even get the end around on the voice control options. These guys can access the manual controls, push buttons and twiddle nobs, purge Jor-El and upload their own AI not that that's ever a good idea.

I'm assuming that the fatigues is just stuff they picked up on earth after three weeks going native... hell, being clones they all tuned up naked or in birthing suits that didn't have zippers to pee out of.

Surely they should have gone through lex's wardrobes first before they bulk ordered online from K-mart?

Wait? Is Zod or Clark the titular character for this episode?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 08:36 AM   #93
Checkmate
Commodore

Brent wrote: View Post
And of course, there's the mystery of the Kryptonian ninja woman. -- RR
Not really, she is part of Zods army as they showed, apparently Clark betrays them or something, and she was pissed and wanted to off his head. Nothing really special there, other than she had his dads watch, so maybe they become close or something, or maybe she killed him in the future, heh.
Lois' "flash forward" showed Clark and the Kryptonian having sex and embracing romantically.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 10:16 AM   #94
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Outstanding episode. Just watched it. Best premire season season five IMO. The Dagman pretty much theorized the questions that I was going to ask. The only thing though is that the woman mentions the Battle at Kandor...perhaps this is the Battle against Brainiac that is mentioned in Superman: Brainiac where Kandor is taken. Or another battle just for Smallville that we don't know about it. Erica and Allison were especially hot in this episode. I'm loving the Crest of El. I really want a score to be released this year....hope they make it happen. Callum Blue is impressing me as a younger Zod.who hasn't yet rebelled against the Science Council. They didn't expain Jor-El talking to Clark all of a sudden like I thought they wouldn't. Remember that Clark said that he stopped talking to him when Brainiac had corrupted the fortress last season. I'm curious as to when the simulcrum was restored. I'm also curiuos about Aria (that is who the woman was who attacked Lois and Clark from the future) she seemed intimate towards Clark with her hand gesture. So far like usual we're off with a bang....hopefully we can sustain the momentum so far. Brian Austen Green is bad ass as Corben, can't wait to see his downfall and transformation into Metallo, and Gaeta Hamiton is awesome. Loved seeing Watchtower brought online. Chloe should have expected that Clark would say no to her request. She needs to deal with her mistake. The Lois dream sequence was REALLY intriguing indeed. Didn't like seeing Chloe unconscience though. Seems like there is actually a plan for this season...

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 02:16 PM   #95
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Hmm let me guess. Kal befriends Zod and tries to make him change his future ways but while in the fortress Zod finds what happens to Krypton and blames Jor-el and seeks vengeance on his son until banished into the phantom zone where the old zod spirit can inhabit the young zod clone.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 04:16 PM   #96
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Great take on it Dagman. It helped make some sense of a very muddled season opener. I think it was too jumbled, with too many plotlines all thrown together. I hope that Zod is an earlier, cloned version of General Zod, like Dagman theorized, because it'll suck if he's supposed to be Zod's son, which would minimize to some extent the importance of Davis, and it would make me wonder why they didn't just hire the dude to play Zod at the end of Season 5 instead of doing the Lex-Zod thing (which I hated). Anyway, I think the Zod thing could've waited until the second episode. There was enough stuff going on with the intro of Corben, the mysterious assassin, and Lois bringing Ollie back into the fold. Not to mention "Punisher" Clark.

I hope they change the "S" red in future episodes, like a poster had suggested in another thread. I also liked the sunglasses or visor idea previously mentioned. From the episode 2 preview I can tell they are rushing the Metallo thing too. I liked Brian Austin Green and I think he would make a good season long or half-season long villain. I'm not sure he'll be around past ep. 2 now, dang.

As for the world ending, I thought the woman was referring to Kandor and not Earth. But that Clark, not knowing about Kandor, mistook the reference to Earth. I am confused though about the Kryptonian clones, when did that happen? Was it explained why Kandor was destroyed or who destroyed it? I just remember that orb telling Tess that should could be the savior and then a naked guy-Davis-supposed to be Zod's vessel?-appearing in the season finale.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 04:22 PM   #97
Procutus
Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post

Hey, Clark's battle with Krypton Ninja Chick was better than his "battle" with Doomsday. Of course, anything could top that piece of shit...

Hey there, DP, I couldn't agree more with you on that! The Doomsday encounter had to be the worst fight/battle sequence in the show's history, fitting to the lamest season finale it's ever had.

I really liked KNC, and it's a shame she's gone so quickly (unless of course, she appears in flashbacks, or as she hinted, Clark has yet to 'meet' her in the linear timeline.

All in all, good ep and I also enjoyed seeing Mr. Gaeta again.
Old September 26 2009, 04:26 PM   #98
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Checkmate wrote: View Post
Brent wrote: View Post
And of course, there's the mystery of the Kryptonian ninja woman. -- RR
Not really, she is part of Zods army as they showed, apparently Clark betrays them or something, and she was pissed and wanted to off his head. Nothing really special there, other than she had his dads watch, so maybe they become close or something, or maybe she killed him in the future, heh.
Lois' "flash forward" showed Clark and the Kryptonian having sex and embracing romantically.
I couldn't make out if that was her, so that's that then, they were close, and he "betrayed" them, and she was pissed and wanted him dead, heh.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 04:29 PM   #99
Procutus
Admiral

^

Just sent you a PM, Dude.

Old September 26 2009, 05:15 PM   #100
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the black dude and the chick supposed to be Nam-Ek and Aethyr? I sort of assumed so, but haven't seen credits the stated as such.

Also, has it been said whether Morris is supposed to return this season? I like to see a fully powered Manhunter manhandle Zod. Because, you know damn well Clark isn't going to do it.
Old September 26 2009, 05:28 PM   #101
Procutus
Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post

Also, has it been said whether Morris is supposed to return this season? I like to see a fully powered Manhunter manhandle Zod. Because, you know damn well Clark isn't going to do it.

Haven't heard for certain, but hoping that he'll return and not just as John Jones, ordinary cop. He needs to get his powers back. I'd also like to see him interact a bit more with the JL.

Dagman, I too wish to thank you for clarifying some of the more confusing aspects of this ep. I've only seen it once and now want to see it again with your explanation in mind. I actually missed the fact that the one Kandor chick was actually Ninja Chick.

If Souders and Petersen really do have a master plan for the entire season, I'm all for it. I just hope it doesn't result in having to sacrifice Chloe for Clark to become Superman.
Old September 26 2009, 07:50 PM   #102
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I was thinking about Zod's troops as well...they could have very well been Nam-Ek and Aeythr, he addressed them as Cadets. The woman from the future's name is actually credited as Alia according to Smallville Wiki which normally gets their info from Kryptonsite. Remember that Davis first emerged as Doomsday at the end of Bride which was around mid-season so if Metallo does appear next week, he could potentially be around for a while. Not sure what kind of contract BAG signed in the summer.

The dream sequence is interesting, it shows as far as I was able to see: a man dressed as Zod, Tess kneeling down before a shadowy figure (could be real Zod or someone else), Chloe lying on the ground apprently unconscience, Ollie searching for something on the ground, Lois and Clark having sex and a weird expression on Clark's face (methinks that Red K is afoot folks maybe), and a woman possibily Alia coming at Lois with a sword. Fascinating. We haven't had a mystery on Smallville in ages if ever.

Old September 26 2009, 08:18 PM   #103
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The look on Clarks face is that he was surprised to find no cobwebs like there was in Lana's punanni when she'd show up for their annual rut.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 09:00 PM   #104
nx1701g
Admiral

Procutus wrote: View Post
If Souders and Petersen really do have a master plan for the entire season, I'm all for it. I just hope it doesn't result in having to sacrifice Chloe for Clark to become Superman.
I have a feeling though that is the route they're going to take.
Old September 26 2009, 10:10 PM   #105
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ I'm getting that feeling as well NX as I posted on another board. This season has potential to be the greatest and most interesting. Remember folks, we've still got The Justice Society, the Wonder Twins, and a couple more possible DCU characters down the road that haven't been announced yet. Peterson and Sounders said at comic con that its possible that they would look to use a couple more heroes/people from the DCU.