Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "Savior"
SUPERMAN (Excellent) 4 11.43%
Red-Blue Blur (Above Average) 14 40.00%
CLARK KENT (Average) 11 31.43%
Kal (Below Average) 2 5.71%
BIZARRO (Poor) 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 26 2009, 02:05 AM   #76
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Re: Smallville 9x01 "Savior" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Seems like they're heading towards the final episodes of "Superman The Animated Series"

Superman was working for Darkseid as the world was under his control.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 02:09 AM   #77
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Was interesting... I like the sorta "suit" Clark has now, although he really does need to change his "Clark" look more. So people get used to that, or do something different to his "look" when he's "Super-Neo". Even just slicking his hair back more. Give Clark his glasses back, dress him more business like, too bad he doesn't have "super hair growth powers" and give "Clark a bit of stubble or something.

Hey I thought of something... when he's Clark, have him hang onto his blue K, so he can grow stubble, look and act more normal, then when he changes, the blue K goes in a box and he changes into Super-Neo and if anyone goes "You look a lot like Clark Kent." "Oh I get that all the time." or just outright LIE and say "Well, I'm a friend of the family and Clark helped me and well, I'm really a Kryptonian and my face was damaged so I made mine similar to his..."

Okay that's lame. Nevermind.

I got so distracted by Clovage and Loi-vage's Legs that I'm kinda dippy now LOL

We'll see where the rest of the season goes from here
Old September 26 2009, 02:18 AM   #78
Procutus
Admiral

I voted 'Red-Blue Blur', only because I thought the Zod material was a bit weak and felt forced here. It's like they were trying to do too much in a single episode - I'd have save Zod for the second ep and gone from there.

The Clark/Chloe rift is long overdue, I just hope that they can come to terms before she may buy the farm and Clark has another death to feel guilty about (after all these years of dodging the bullet, I really think that the cute blonde's days are numbered this time, perhaps to serve the Bigger Picture). We'll see.

All in all, a better season premier than last year, IMO.
Old September 26 2009, 02:45 AM   #79
Buck Rogers
Captain

LOL people,

It looks like we're getting our wish he's finally going to fly,and fulfill his destiny one episode at a time.

Let me talk about Zod's little squad what Loyalty that's not going to be a tough one for Clark/Kal-El to take on by himself unless they develop super powers fast what I know of Kandorians they start to feel that they're going to die,because their physiology is the same as Kryptonians ,but I think because they live in enclosed city with gravity the same as home,and red sun radiation even though it could be a slow build up until Zod and Co are defeated. The we'll see what next week's episode, I'm liking the tone of the season so far.

That's my two cents

Signed

Buck Rogers

Last edited by Buck Rogers; September 26 2009 at 02:47 AM. Reason: adding my sig
Buck Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 03:13 AM   #80
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Well, nice to be back on a Smallvill thread.

I didn't think it was bad. Clark embracing his destiny, the costume, and the whole Dark Knight/superhero vibe with Clark in the city I enjoyed very much. I could even understand why he didn't want to go back to save Jimmy...that backfired for him big time last season. Also nice to see Mr. Gaeta and his sideburns back. Cool to see BAG appear on the show after his great turn as Derek Reese on The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Have no idea where the whole Major Zod thing is going.

Hey, Clark's battle with Krypton Ninja Chick was better than his "battle" with Doomsday. Of course, anything could top that piece of shit...
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 04:06 AM   #81
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Army green and dog tags? Really?
Old September 26 2009, 04:13 AM   #82
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
That bugged me as well, so they are from Kandor/Krypton, and wear the same uniforms our current military wears? Yeah, a little off there.

Overall this episode surprised me, it was actually better than I had thought it would be. IMO this series is way past its prime, but I think it is slowwwwwwwwwwwwly building up to what we all think of when we think of Superman. Maybe, just maybe, Clark really is embracing who he is, this time. Maybe this is the season where it all changes, and I do hope so. It certainly looks like things are off to a good start.

The Zod stuff it seems is something they are building for this year. Lois went exactly 1 year into the future, and the girl came back 1 year from the future, and apparently the world is going to end in 1 year, which is the same length as one TV season. So it seems that whatever is going to happen with all of this will be handled this season, and it will be drug out throughout this season as the main story line. So I'm interested to see where they go with it all.

I give it Red-Blue Blur

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 04:13 AM   #83
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Underwhelming.

Chloe-mat: "Bring back Jimmy, so he can be the real Jimmy not his kid brother."

Brooder-Man: "No. I messed with time travel before and it led to the loss of all characters over 40 on the show!"

Lois: "The red-blue-blur confides in me."

Chloe-mat: "Really, Clar...he did?"

Zod: "KNNNEEEEEEL BEFORE ZOD!"

Blackguy: "That's gay!"

Tess Luthor: "Am I good or bad...I can't remember?"

Ollie Queen: "Why was I even in this episode?"

B.A.G.: "The name's VILLAIN, RECURRING VILLAIN."

Lois: "That's an odd name."
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 04:57 AM   #84
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

BTW, nice touch with the date of the episode being today's date, September 25th.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 05:27 AM   #85
Gaith
Rear Admiral

^ I especially liked how the previous day's newspaper (from the train) also said Friday, 9/25. Apparently Gary Hobson lives in Metropolis these days...
Gaith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 05:50 AM   #86
the Dagman
Commodore

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
The tags were a recurring thing, as I seem to recall one with the crest of El on it before. However, I thought that Zod (and thusly the rest of them) showed up sans clothes. So I can see them gravitating to army surplus wardrobe here. Making due with what is around them and all that. Lex likely had stores of all that stuff there at the mansion, and Armani wasn't really their style, so they went the comfort/function route.

It also appears that these Kryptonians are clones that were created at the end of last season. The orb likely held the blood samples one of them mentioned was the last thing they remembered giving. And their memories were recorded there as well, maybe in the fractal shape of the orb itself. They mentioned they were on their way to battle in Kandor. So I am assuming the orb was Jor-El's emergency back up file of Krypton's military elite, taken from some time before Zod turned against the ruling Science Council of Krypton. So they are effectively newborns, and they don't have their powers yet for the same reason that Clark didn't when he was young. They haven't soaked up enough energy yet.

This episode felt more like a teaser for things to come all season rather than an actual episode. BAG should have been saved for next week and Metallo another week or two after that. I feel like we were denied a good dramatic reunion of Chloe and Lois at the hospital. Chloe should have been able to tell her about Jimmy and allowed the two cousins to commiserate a bit there over his loss. The Kryptonian woman from next year could have attacked Lois in the hospital as well, instead of shoehorning Ollie into the episode for no real reason. Dr. Hamilton explained his absence sufficiently enough.

All in all, a good opening but it was feeling a tad bit rushed and in need of a bit more detailing.
Old September 26 2009, 05:52 AM   #87
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

^ those explanations make a lot sense

Old September 26 2009, 05:56 AM   #88
Red Ranger
Admiral

I missed the beginning, so I don't get what happened to Tess. Did the de-powered Kryptonians, Zod's minions, kick her ass? BTW, I like what Clark's wearing -- looks like a cross of the clone Superboy's outfits (jacket/t-shirt with S logo). It also is reminiscent of Jor-El's black Kryptonian outfit from Superman: The Movie. It seems like this Zod has no memory of when he took over Lex's body. It should be interesting to see what havoc the advanced Kryptonians can wreak even without their powers. Better than I thought it would be, although I still wish they'd bring in Darkseid. And of course, there's the mystery of the Kryptonian ninja woman. -- RR

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2009, 05:58 AM   #89
Brent
Admiral

Red Ranger wrote: View Post
And of course, there's the mystery of the Kryptonian ninja woman. -- RR
Not really, she is part of Zods army as they showed, apparently Clark betrays them or something, and she was pissed and wanted to off his head. Nothing really special there, other than she had his dads watch, so maybe they become close or something, or maybe she killed him in the future, heh.

Old September 26 2009, 06:07 AM   #90
Red Ranger
Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
Red Ranger wrote: View Post
And of course, there's the mystery of the Kryptonian ninja woman. -- RR
Not really, she is part of Zods army as they showed, apparently Clark betrays them or something, and she was pissed and wanted to off his head. Nothing really special there, other than she had his dads watch, so maybe they become close or something, or maybe she killed him in the future, heh.
Oh, OK. I missed the first 10 minutes -- was whipping up some dinner and didn't heed the time. Thanks for the clarification.

A few of you mentioned that maybe Clark should change his look to distinguish himself from his real self. Since his outfit is kind of Superboy inspired, he could adopt the sunglasses/visor bit the clone Superboy did. But that would make him look more like Neo for sure!

And since we've seen him an an outfit inspired by Jor-El's black one in Superman: The Movie, I hope we get to see him in an all-white outfit with a black "S," again, like Jor-El's other movie outfit.

Perhaps he'll move to the red-and-blue color scheme with this particular outfit.

Red Ranger

"I would make this war as severe as possible, and show no symptoms of tiring till the South begs for mercy." -- William Tecumseh Sherman
Red Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote