Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old September 21 2009, 08:22 PM   #16
jep316
Fleet Captain

Re: Jennifer's Body

I think it's safe to say that the words Megan Fox and Oscar award winner won't ever be mention in the same sentence.

Except for this one.

"Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever,you keep on talking." Hank Hill
jep316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 08:27 PM   #17
Forbin
Admiral

"Megan Fox and Oscar Award winner Halle Berry had lunch in the same restaurant."

There.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 08:56 PM   #18
Marie1
Rear Admiral

^ and ^^ = Great!!!

I knew the movie looked terrible, and when it was only rated 14A here, I kinda figured there'd be little but implied/shadows of nudity- people go to horror films for that and the gore and cheesy scary-ness, and I was sure that that movie would tank.

And I agree that Fox is burning her bridges... needs a handler, and some tact. Even if a director is terrible... don't call him Hitler when he's linked to huge producers and directors and is very successful!!
Vote: RA Avatar Contest #21!
"He sings lounges? I'm not familiar with that musical form."
-Taran'atar, DS9-R Mission Gamma 3 --Save Taran'atar!
Marie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 09:07 PM   #19
jep316
Fleet Captain

Forbin wrote: View Post
"Megan Fox and Oscar Award winner Halle Berry had lunch in the same restaurant."

There.

Ok I'll rephase it..the words Megan Fox and Oscar award winner won't ever be mention in the same sentence in relationship to each other.

"Just when I think you've said the stupidest thing ever,you keep on talking." Hank Hill
Old September 21 2009, 09:16 PM   #20
Aragorn
Admiral

jep316 wrote: View Post

There.

Ok I'll rephase it..the words Megan Fox and Oscar award winner won't ever be mention in the same sentence in relationship to each other.
Megan Fox has lesbian affair with Oscar-winner Charlize Theron.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 21 2009, 10:37 PM   #21
jep316
Fleet Captain

Aragorn wrote: View Post
jep316 wrote: View Post

There.

Megan Fox has lesbian affair with Oscar-winner Charlize Theron.

Ok 3rd times the charm..the words Megan Fox and Oscar award winner won't ever be mention in the same sentence in relationship to each other in the meaning of her winning the award.

There smartguys...HA!!

Old September 22 2009, 12:53 AM   #22
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

JacksonArcher wrote: View Post
More tolerable than Juno, which I can't stand.
Old September 22 2009, 11:07 AM   #23
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Yeah, I said it. Juno sucked.
Old September 22 2009, 05:38 PM   #24
Forbin
Admiral

Never mind that, let's get back to Megan Fox and Charlize Theron making out...
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2009, 05:50 AM   #25
Blue_Trek
Captain

Megan Fox stock just dropped way down with this movie, seems like her eye candy only goes good with big robots.
Old September 23 2009, 06:33 AM   #26
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Again, . Any particular reason or do you just hate small-budget indie films and Canadian actresses?

Never mind that, let's get back to Megan Fox and Charlize Theron making out...
I support this product and/or service.
Old September 23 2009, 07:24 AM   #27
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Box Office Mojo on its wretched performance (still under 7m):
Jennifer's Body's advertising campaign exacerbated the situation by pinning its hopes almost entirely on Megan Fox, an actress who was a small cog in the Transformers machine, at the expense of story or more relatable elements. Ads could have appealed more to females, who have been known to drive horror business, through the picture's Mean Girls themes or the character played by Amanda Seyfried, who was minimized. What's more, if Megan Fox is such a fantasy for males, how attractive is it to them to see her as a man-eating demon? Besides, they can get their fix from pictures on the Internet.
(My emphasis.)

Indeed. It might well have done better if it aggressively went after girls, and why not? It's clearly a female-empowerment fable. That poster isn't fooling anyone... especially not with "from the writer of Juno" at the top.

I love Ebert, but he goes a little nuts sometimes, as when he called this "Twilight for boys". Uh, Rog, there already is a "Twilight for boys". It's called The Lord of the Rings.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2009, 03:45 PM   #28
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

I haven't seen the movie yet, but plan to around Jan when it hits DVD. No way I pay even matinee for this let alone $9.75. It will be worth it via Netflix for about $2 give or take that month.

Regarding the ad campaign I don't know why they waited till the day before to release these pics. Couldn't have hurt, I like them better than the poster, even though her on that desk is a keeper.

Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2009, 08:28 PM   #29
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

I don't know, anyone going based on those pictures might be pretty pissed off. I don't recall her wearing that outfit at any point in the movie.

Their biggest mistake was marketing this towards guys. I'm sure plenty of teenaged girls would enjoy it, and it may become something of a cult hit for them on DVD. They should have shown more scenes about the storyline, instead of all of the shots of Megan Fox unzipping her hoodie, etc.

There were even points in the movie itself where it felt like someone was mucking with it from a marketing perspective to get the guys to see it. The much-touted kissing scene is a little pointless and lingers too long. I kind of have a hard time believing that Diablo Cody wrote it into the film like that, in the context of the rest of the movie. They might as well have flashed "THIS IS FOR THE FELLAS!" during that part.

As usual, Cody's dialogue bounced back and forth between being funny and annoying.
Old September 23 2009, 08:41 PM   #30
Harvey
Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Again, . Any particular reason or do you just hate small-budget indie films and Canadian actresses?
Diablo Cody's cutesy, sometimes nonsensical dialogue (I was reminded of "honest to blog" while reading a review of this film recently) can be grating. Other elements annoyed me as well. Anti-abortion protester as cutesy (oh, boy, watch me overuse that word here) and loveable? Planned Parenthood volunteer as multi-pierced, tattoo-ladden distributor of kinky condoms? Juno gets pregnant and the most her parental figures can manage is surprise that Michael Cera's character had it in him? And of course the middle-aged man with an interest in Dario Argento films turns out to be a total creeper. I'm no doubt exaggerating some points, but I haven't had the "pleasure" of a second viewing, so I hope you'll forgive me. What a bizarre and vomit-inducing universe.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote