RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,408
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 538
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old September 15 2009, 07:25 PM   #181
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Re: Married Men -- no all Men I have question.

Cakes488 wrote: View Post
Please do get sidetracked! I'm the queen of sidetracking!!
I never understand that..it's only natural that other things come up that need to be discussed...sidetracking is heathly and gosh darnit it's just fun.
'

Okay, then get some camoflage clothing and a large bore battle rifle - walk a wide circle to a point 300 metres behind hairy gut's house - rub your body with horse manure - crawl the rest of the way belly down in the fresh fallen leaves - wait for the fall of night - turn off your cell phone - pick your opening - hollow points are best -

T'Girl
T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2009, 12:56 AM   #182
msbae
Commodore

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Please do get sidetracked! I'm the queen of sidetracking!!
I never understand that..it's only natural that other things come up that need to be discussed...sidetracking is heathly and gosh darnit it's just fun.
'

Okay, then get some camoflage clothing and a large bore battle rifle - walk a wide circle to a point 300 metres behind hairy gut's house - rub your body with horse manure - crawl the rest of the way belly down in the fresh fallen leaves - wait for the fall of night - turn off your cell phone - pick your opening - hollow points are best -

T'Girl
Why roll around in horse manure?
msbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2009, 01:31 AM   #183
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

'

Masks your body odor ... plus it just something I enjoy doing.

'

T'Girl
T'Girl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2009, 05:28 AM   #184
msbae
Commodore

'

'

T'Girl
Deodorant would do that just fine. Also, you're weird in a bad way. Get help.
Old September 16 2009, 08:38 PM   #185
Cakes488
Commodore

View Cakes488's Twitter Profile

msbae wrote: View Post

Based on your description of his behavior, he certainly sounded like a stalker.
I looked up stalker and it says to "to pursue obsessively and to the point of harrassment". I mean he's so obsessed that I didn't even see him last weekend.... A stalker will stalk no matter what...they are compelled to... and little if nothing will get in their way. I have to agree with Juan's description.

Did I really describe this guy as a stalker that would fit the above definition?

'

T'Girl
Well this sounds like just another regular weekend at Cake's Cabin. Nothing unusual here. I was looking for advice about this guy...not advise about leisure activities!!

'

'

T'Girl
Deodorant would do that just fine. Also, you're weird in a bad way. Get help.
I'm sure T'girl meant that it masks your odor -- as in human odor. Me and my dog roll in various shit piles for just this very reason.
Old September 17 2009, 12:31 AM   #186
msbae
Commodore

I looked up stalker and it says to "to pursue obsessively and to the point of harrassment". I mean he's so obsessed that I didn't even see him last weekend.... A stalker will stalk no matter what...they are compelled to... and little if nothing will get in their way. I have to agree with Juan's description.

Did I really describe this guy as a stalker that would fit the above definition?
I'd like to see this definition. When I read the description my mind immediately screamed 'This guy is a stalker. Kick his ass!', among other things.
Old September 17 2009, 11:34 AM   #187
Pingfah
Admiral

I looked up stalker and it says to "to pursue obsessively and to the point of harrassment". I mean he's so obsessed that I didn't even see him last weekend....
Maybe he's just a really good stalker
Old September 17 2009, 01:55 PM   #188
Misfit Toy
Caped Trek Mod

Pingfah wrote: View Post

I looked up stalker and it says to "to pursue obsessively and to the point of harrassment". I mean he's so obsessed that I didn't even see him last weekend....
Maybe he's just a really good stalker
Your avatar is stalking me...
Old September 17 2009, 01:57 PM   #189
Deckerd
Fleet Arse

It doesn't matter where you are in the room, it's always looking at you.
Old September 17 2009, 04:01 PM   #190
Cakes488
Commodore

View Cakes488's Twitter Profile

I'd like to see this definition. When I read the description my mind immediately screamed 'This guy is a stalker. Kick his ass!', among other things.
It's at webster.com...when I was telling my friend about how I posted this "problem" on the message board and everybody is calling him a stalker and telling me to get an order of protection she said "what the hell did you tell these people Patricia?" LOL maybe I made it sound worse than it actually is? I guess when you look at my description of the situation and taken out of context it could look pretty bad.
Old September 17 2009, 07:39 PM   #191
msbae
Commodore

when I was telling my friend about how I posted this "problem" on the message board and everybody is calling him a stalker and telling me to get an order of protection she said "what the hell did you tell these people Patricia?" LOL maybe I made it sound worse than it actually is? I guess when you look at my description of the situation and taken out of context it could look pretty bad.
That happens to me all the time. Fortunately, those threads are in TNZ where they belong.
Old September 17 2009, 08:40 PM   #192
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

How are the NY gun laws?
Old September 18 2009, 02:16 AM   #193
FrontLine
Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FrontLine

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
How are the NY gun laws?
They vary from city to city within the state. Over all they tend to ignore the 2nd amendment

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

"Im happier than a tornado in a trailer park" - Tow Mater - Cars
FrontLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2009, 03:56 AM   #194
Finnegan
Captain

So here's my question. Obviously I want this hairy little beast to leave me alone and it's a shame too as he was a good neighbor to talk to from time to time...but anyway I was thinking that if he asks me this crap again I'm going to say "what part of we're not hanging out do you not understand? If you can't comprehend this then I'll be forced to go to Jean (his wife) and have her explain this to you"...
I think you are on the right track here. How do you read this guy, though? A low-risk pest or clueless wonder, but otherwise physically harmless to your well-being? You just need to anticipate how you think he may react if he calls your bluff or forces your hand--which would send you singing to his wife as threatened if you make good on your word.

On the one hand, if you do go to her he is liable to be in all sorts of trouble on the homefront, maybe even finding his shit out on the lawn one day and his bank accounts empty. Do you want to be the trigger for that--at least in his mind--and thus the target for any crazy schemes or "retribution" or physical escalations on his part?

You need to consider your own safety if you are commited to standing up to this douche and elevating the matter to his wife. On the other hand, NOT following through on your threat may just further embolden him, or make him think you are playing "hard to get", or some other sad confusion on his part. You don't want some nut after you, either in unrequited lust or a fit of anger or even rage at what "you did" to him.

Personally, to a woman in your position, I would recommend caution. However, if he comes into/near your home again without your consent, you must call the police and report him for tresspassing. This might be the ideal solution, since from his past behaviour he only gets brazen with you when wifey is not around--and THAT is when the cops need to show up.

He'll get the message that his advances really are unwanted, the police can get a report from you about what has been going on so that they have some history of the matter, and the wife will not be alerted (yet) to his indiscretions towards you. If you do it just right, you'll have him just where you want him--neutered and scared away from you, but not "found out" by his wife and giving him his potential big beef with you.
Old September 18 2009, 05:12 AM   #195
Shatmandu
Vice Admiral

when I was telling my friend about how I posted this "problem" on the message board and everybody is calling him a stalker and telling me to get an order of protection she said "what the hell did you tell these people Patricia?" LOL maybe I made it sound worse than it actually is? I guess when you look at my description of the situation and taken out of context it could look pretty bad.
As an apology, you and your friend need to film yourselves kissing and having a pillow fight.

Joe, feathered
Shatmandu is offline   Reply With Quote