Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old August 31 2009, 04:35 PM   #196
Saquist
Commodore

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

CTM,

I assume you're using layers.
Can I ask, if time and easy permits: Could you color code the coponets. Perhaps Turbo Lift Tubes, Transporter Room, corridors, and crew quarters for the saucer?
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31 2009, 07:51 PM   #197
JJohnson
Captain

Exterior Shots of the movie ship - for when you're ready for the outside...

James
JJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2009, 05:06 PM   #198
Saquist
Commodore

A Question for CTM
Science Officer is a memeber of the Star Trek Official Movie Forums:

The Science Officer wrote: View Post

By the way, whilst you're around Saquist I've been keeping an eye on CTM's Enterprise construction. It is looking very good. However I have a question to do with travel pods.

On docking, the pod doors are supposed to slide open somewhere just inside the airlock. Does CTM intend to solve this with his design? Somehow I don't think it will be easy on the secondary hull as the airlock is not vertical. I'm not on that forum, but curious as to how it might be resolved.
Old September 1 2009, 05:21 PM   #199
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Saquist wrote: View Post
A Question for CTM

By the way, whilst you're around Saquist I've been keeping an eye on CTM's Enterprise construction. It is looking very good. However I have a question to do with travel pods.

On docking, the pod doors are supposed to slide open somewhere just inside the airlock. Does CTM intend to solve this with his design? Somehow I don't think it will be easy on the secondary hull as the airlock is not vertical. I'm not on that forum, but curious as to how it might be resolved.
I do intend to deal with that, but have not gotten so far yet. My primary hull ports do, but I haven't addressed those in the secondary hull yet. They'll go in when I go back through and do the deck-by-deck detailing.
Old September 1 2009, 08:28 PM   #200
JJohnson
Captain

I was looking on G deck, and I can't find the doors leading into the crew quarters in that deck.
Old September 1 2009, 09:19 PM   #201
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

JJohnson wrote: View Post
I was looking on G deck, and I can't find the doors leading into the crew quarters in that deck.
that's because I haven't put them in yet.
Old September 1 2009, 10:18 PM   #202
JJohnson
Captain

That would explain it. So I can't move in yet...
Old September 1 2009, 11:19 PM   #203
deg3D
Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to deg3D

You're insane, CTM. ... In a good way, mind you. But insane nonetheless.

deg
http://deg3D.biz
deg3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2009, 11:24 PM   #204
billcosby
Commodore

Yep. That's terrific and terrifying all at once!!
Make sure you create backups CTM! You don't want to lose all that hard work.

Now as a gamer I would like to think that files of this sort might be applied to some sort of game engine as a installable mod. I've always wanted to walk around ALL the corridors of the Enterprise and just go exploring and have no part of the ship cut off to me. Perhaps some of you have played the Simon and Schuster Interactive Technical Manual... or Voyager's Elite Force expansion? Both of them have free tour mods which are enjoyable in their own right, but to have every deck, every room, every crawlspace available for exploration. Well, that's as close as we're going to get to being aboard a Starfleet vessel.

billcosby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 1 2009, 11:54 PM   #205
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

billcosby wrote: View Post

Now as a gamer I would like to think that files of this sort might be applied to some sort of game engine as a installable mod. I've always wanted to walk around ALL the corridors of the Enterprise and just go exploring and have no part of the ship cut off to me. Perhaps some of you have played the Simon and Schuster Interactive Technical Manual... or Voyager's Elite Force expansion? Both of them have free tour mods which are enjoyable in their own right, but to have every deck, every room, every crawlspace available for exploration. Well, that's as close as we're going to get to being aboard a Starfleet vessel.
Well, every time I work on it, I check in the changes to my SVN repository (I am a programmer by profession, I use the tools at my disposal), and I have all of it stored on a RAID5 storage drive. Periodically, I back up my entire repository to DVD (or multiple DVD's if necessary - it isn't yet).
Old September 2 2009, 02:05 PM   #206
TowerPower
Commander

Is anyone else having a problem saving pictures that are in .gif format, for example G-deck in post #193? When I save it all I get is a blank gif file. Has anyone got a workaround to this? Screen capture also won't work since the image is too big to view all of it without scrolling.
TowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2 2009, 04:38 PM   #207
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Well, for one, I didn't post any .gif pictures. Everything is either .jpg or .png (the new system makes screen-caps easier for me, but change file format).
Old September 2 2009, 07:14 PM   #208
Saquist
Commodore

CTM wrote: View Post
A Question for CTM

Thanks CTM, Science Officer really appreciates the prompt response.

I do intend to deal with that, but have not gotten so far yet. My primary hull ports do, but I haven't addressed those in the secondary hull yet. They'll go in when I go back through and do the deck-by-deck detailing.
billcosby wrote: View Post

Could you Imagine tackling a Galaxy Class starship?!
How bout it CTM? Are you game? I'd even help out. Maybe 46 decks is a little much for one person.
Old September 2 2009, 10:43 PM   #209
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

How bout it CTM? Are you game? I'd even help out. Maybe 46 decks is a little much for one person.
let me finish this project before I move onto the next one. I'm actually working on some stuff for a Loknar (FASA) re-work for an RPG group, and would probably build that, then Excelsior, then I might be open to a Galaxy Class. Truthfully though, the Galaxies are just too darned big. It doesn't sound like a fun project, it sounds like a tedious project.
Old September 3 2009, 05:41 AM   #210
Disillusioned
Commander

[nerd]Actually it's 42 decks.[/nerd]
Disillusioned is offline   Reply With Quote