Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old August 28 2009, 04:02 PM   #2446
Kira Nerys
Fleet Captain

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

I wish there was a voyager best of so fans like me who are only luke warm to the series can get . I tried to get into voyager and just couldn't it was too bland and dry.
Kira Nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2009, 04:20 PM   #2447
teya
Vice Admiral

TheGodBen wrote: View Post
Then Voyager solves the problem using magic torpedoes, and Janeway reflects upon Carey's death:

CHAKOTAY: The urge to explore is pretty powerful.
JANEWAY: But it can't justify the loss of lives, whether it's millions or just one.
Um, what? Did this scene just undermine all of Star Trek?
Kirk is rolling in his grave.
Old August 28 2009, 05:38 PM   #2448
rahullak
Fleet Captain

GodBen are you going to start a "Lover revisits DS9" thread after you're done with this Voyager revisitation? Just curious.
rahullak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2009, 06:30 PM   #2449
Vic Sixx
Commodore

I was gonna ask that too. It would be much more interesting than an Enterprise Review thread. ( I hate Enterprise).
Old August 28 2009, 06:48 PM   #2450
Count Zero
Yeah, I know...

teya wrote: View Post
Then Voyager solves the problem using magic torpedoes, and Janeway reflects upon Carey's death:

CHAKOTAY: The urge to explore is pretty powerful.
JANEWAY: But it can't justify the loss of lives, whether it's millions or just one.
Um, what? Did this scene just undermine all of Star Trek?
Kirk is rolling in his grave.
Picard isn't happy, either.
It could have been interesting, though, if Janeway had really come to this conclusion and rejected her earlier Starfleet ideals. If that realisation had had consequences in the future. Instead she stays in Starfleet after their return home and we never hear of a change of mind back to Starfleet ideals, either.
Old August 28 2009, 07:18 PM   #2451
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

rahullak wrote: View Post
GodBen are you going to start a "Lover revisits DS9" thread after you're done with this Voyager revisitation? Just curious.
I'm going to revisit Enterprise first because several people asked me to do it waaay back towards the start of this thread, and I was considering rewatching Enterprise for my own personal amusement anyway. If the Enterprise thread manages to keep people interested then I'll move on to DS9, but I'm not sure when that will be. I'm starting a masters degree in two weeks, so if I'm able to coast through that as I did with my bachelor degree I'll get around to DS9 in 4 or 5 months, but if I have to put some effort in this time then it could be considerably longer.
Old August 28 2009, 11:38 PM   #2452
angel
Ensign

id love to read your reviews on TNG, i dont comment much but i always read the thread and have really enjoyed it so far :-)
angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2009, 01:45 AM   #2453
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

If I'm still alive in a year then I might do TNG too, and then I might do TOS to finish things off. But no TAS, I've watched that once and that was quite enough.

Natural Law (*)

I was a bit confused while watching this episode, most episodes last around 44 minutes and I didn't understand why this episode was allowed to run for over 50 minutes. Then I looked down at the clock/timer on my DVD player and saw that I was only 35 minutes in. There was another act to this thing?! Time had lost all meaning to me.

I found it to be such a dull episode that is derivative of so many other Trek episodes; a shuttle crash, primitive aliens, technobabble deflector shenanigans... this is a bunch of Trek episodes carved up and reserved in a not very interesting way. Even the final act where there is an actual issue to explore isn't interesting, I just wanted the episode to end so I could go back to wasting my life by zooming in on random locations on Google Earth (I'm bound to find a nude sunbather eventually).

Then there's the b-plot involving Tom getting flying lessons, but the actors apparently didn't get the memo I sent them informing them that it's not funny. An episode where Tom is confronted with his reckless piloting might have been a source of amusement, but instead the funny is supposed to come from a grumpy old man who has to get up 6 times a night in order to pee and he's taking his prostate problems out on Tom for no good reason.

But if there is one thing this episode had in spades it is the sexual tension between Seven and Chakotay. Seeing them together in this episode you can tell that these two are meant to spend the rest of their lives together, and the passion in their eyes is so strong that I was half-expecting them to jump one another and make sweet, sweet love in front of the whole tribe.

I think I just broke my sarcasm unit, I may not be able to use it in my final three reviews.

When Seven used the deflector to turn off the magic shield thing, do you think that the shuttle wing that was suspended on the shield fell on one of the primitives? Because I'd like to think that it did.
Old August 29 2009, 04:35 AM   #2454
DGCatAniSiri
Captain

I think I just broke my sarcasm unit, I may not be able to use it in my final three reviews.
If you need to, you can borrow some parts from mine - I always keep a few spare parts handy, just in case.
DGCatAniSiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2009, 02:30 PM   #2455
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Thanks, but I've recently become a Jehovah's Witness and we're not allowed to accept other people's parts in us.
Old August 29 2009, 06:59 PM   #2456
JB2005
Commodore

^ On grounds of religious tolerance, forgoes obvious comment...
Old August 29 2009, 07:07 PM   #2457
rahullak
Fleet Captain

Thanks, but I've recently become a Jehovah's Witness and we're not allowed to accept other people's parts in us.
I presume this implies your sarcastic parts have been fixed.
rahullak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2009, 07:43 PM   #2458
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Nah, I had to send them in for repair and I wont get them back until Tuesday afternoon. But I've jury-rigged a temporary solution by combining my humour mode and my barefaced-lie mode into a passable alternative to sarcasm.
Old August 29 2009, 08:32 PM   #2459
Akiraprise

If you're bored later you could do the Table of Contents for Season 6.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2009, 09:54 PM   #2460
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Oh, so because I like Star Trek you think I'm one of those pathetic nerds who is spending Saturday night alone with his computer? I'll show you!

Season 6

Equinox, Part 2 (***½)
Survival Instinct (***½)
Barge of the Dead (**½)
Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy (****)
Alice (*)
Riddles (*½)
Dragon's Teeth (***½)
One Small Step (**½)
The Voyager Conspiracy (*½)
Pathfinder (***½) (No, that was not the end, it was a poorly targeted joke about Fair Haven that confused everybody.)
Fair Haven (0)
Blink of an Eye (****)
Virtuoso (**)
Memorial (****)
Tsunkatse (**)
Collective (***½)
[Dark Images (*½)]
Spirit Folk (0)
Ashes to Ashes (*)
Child's Play (***½)
Good Shepherd (***)
Live Fast and Prosper (**½)
Muse (*½)
Fury (*)
Life Line (**½)
The Haunting of Deck Twelve (**½)
Unimatrix Zero (**)
Season 6 Review

Ha! I showed you by doing the exact thing you expected me to do!

Hang on a sec...