Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old July 28 2009, 10:23 PM   #781
largo
Fleet Captain

Re: USS Grandeur - One... More... Time!

sincerest apologies to all involved...

Old July 29 2009, 12:32 AM   #782
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Is it trying to make a right turn?
Old July 29 2009, 12:54 AM   #783
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Haha, nice.

You know... I kinda like the amber nacelle cap look.

Psion wrote: View Post
DiSiLLUSiON wrote: View Post
It's one of the things I really like in the new movie: Before, we regularly saw the impulse engines lit when at warp. In the movie, you specifically see the impulse engines go completely dark before the warp engine kicks in; much more consistent with the warp theories.
You mean like in Star Trek: The Motion Picture?

Departure.

Wormhole.

Warp speed!

Within V'Ger.

Final fanfare.

Warp speed!
The last screenie makes me expect Colin Baker's head to fly at me any second.
Old July 29 2009, 08:09 AM   #784
DiSiLLUSiON
Commodore

The amber bussard collectors make me feel as if I have a color deficiency.

Psion wrote: View Post
You mean like in Star Trek: The Motion Picture?
Never noticed that before.
DiSiLLUSiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2009, 09:43 AM   #785
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

largo wrote: View Post
sincerest apologies to all involved...

That old coot's been driving with his turn signal on for light-years!

Well done, largo.
Old July 29 2009, 01:00 PM   #786
the citizen
Lieutenant Commander

LOL... I thought I had seen everything, largo! Funny... you should see the glove compartment on this thing!
Old July 30 2009, 04:35 AM   #787
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

I'll echo someone from a page or two back in that I think the nacelles would look awesome with the bussards colored more along the lines of TOS's caps (pale coral-ish color) than the TNG red.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2009, 11:05 PM   #788
Ptrope
Agitator

This is looking terrific - I'm really hoping it won't lose its sleek purposefulness being freckled with portals and escape pods. This has to be the most beautiful Starfleet ship, bar none; I think you've really shown the 'authorized' designs a thing or two, Vektor (no offense intended, Rick Sternbach - there's nothing that says something has to be 'beautiful' to be a great design!).
Old August 6 2009, 03:45 PM   #789
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Ptrope wrote: View Post
This is looking terrific - I'm really hoping it won't lose its sleek purposefulness being freckled with portals and escape pods.
I've become increasingly concerned about that myself. The Citizen and I are just beginning to hash out surface details, windows, panel lines, escape pods, etc, but I would like to find a way to reduce the usual "clutter" and maintain more of TMP-era sleekness.

This has to be the most beautiful Starfleet ship, bar none; I think you've really shown the 'authorized' designs a thing or two, Vektor (no offense intended, Rick Sternbach - there's nothing that says something has to be 'beautiful' to be a great design!).
That's some seriously high praise Ptrope and I thank you for it, but I'm gonna have to go with the TMP refit myself. Of course, the Grandeur takes a lot of inspiration from the refit, as well as the Ent-D, the Ent-E and even a smattering of Voyager. Standing on the shoulders of giants.
Old August 6 2009, 08:14 PM   #790
NIUPonyBoy
Captain

Send a message via AIM to NIUPonyBoy Send a message via Yahoo to NIUPonyBoy

Very cool ship!!!

And Go Cubs!
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2009, 12:30 AM   #791
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Vektor wrote: View Post
This is looking terrific - I'm really hoping it won't lose its sleek purposefulness being freckled with portals and escape pods.
I've become increasingly concerned about that myself. The Citizen and I are just beginning to hash out surface details, windows, panel lines, escape pods, etc, but I would like to find a way to reduce the usual "clutter" and maintain more of TMP-era sleekness.
The escape pods being different colored never made much sense to me anyways, they could easily be the same color as, and flush with, the hull and only discernible from a seam around them.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2009, 01:00 AM   #792
Cary L. Brown
Rear Admiral

Well, there's nothing that says that "escape pods must be under yellow hatches," is there? In fact, there's very little COMPELLING reason to have them in any location which is visible from outside of the ship.

There are plenty of ways of providing "escape capability" for the ship. Anything from using lots of shuttlecraft, to having little "torpedo tube coffins" with hybernation support, to having rooms of the ship itself (complete with their local hull skinning) slip out. I know you don't get to decide every detail of this ship, but if it IS going to have escape pods in the conventional sense, maybe you can try having multiple pods which launch from a single hatch (sort of a "subway cars launching on rails" concept?).
Cary L. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2009, 01:13 AM   #793
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral

One possibility might be to "hide" escape pod hatches by making them a subtle color/specularity/something variance of the hull's main color, rather than making them stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not sure why they should be colored differently than the main hull anyway.
Old August 7 2009, 05:42 PM   #794
Professor Moriarty
Vice Admiral

View Professor Moriarty's Twitter Profile

^^^ I like that idea. (That's what I always figured that "rust ring" on the upper surface of the TOS Enterprise saucer was... a ring of lifeboat hatches flush with the hull surface.)
Old August 14 2009, 01:03 AM   #795
FrontLine
Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FrontLine

Cary L. Brown wrote: View Post
Well, there's nothing that says that "escape pods must be under yellow hatches," is there? In fact, there's very little COMPELLING reason to have them in any location which is visible from outside of the ship.
To that end you could just outline the pod doors with white and red striped lines like is done on modern aircraft and ships. Just an idea.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

"Im happier than a tornado in a trailer park" - Tow Mater - Cars
FrontLine is offline   Reply With Quote