Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old July 13 2009, 02:51 AM   #31
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Big Brother USA 11

Ok:

I'm not good with names so I've not got these people "pegged" yet so I'm going to use what I think their names are along with a short (if sometimes crude) discription of them.

Jessie: JESUS. This guy is such a douche. I don't think he really does weights so much as he's just so goddamn full of himself that he's busting at the seams. The sooner he is gone the better we all will be.

Ronnie: (Pasty "Brains" guy.) I kind of like him but, dude, a fauxhawk? Really? And, seriously man, keep your shirt on. Pasty brainy guys nation wide could use the favor and I don't think he did himself any favors with taking charge during the challenge. (Though I guess someone had too.)

Bespectacled "Brainy" Girl: I like her.

Chimera (?)(Diva chick.): Grow the fuck up and get over yourself. Jesus, no wonder she was nominated.

Bulky Bald Dude: I kind of like him. He reminds me of cross between RAMA and Dominic Purcell.

Janet, Jane, Julie? (Big-boobed girl): She looks so much like S9's Jen it's scary. I've not yet settled on how I feel aabout her boobs. In the jock-bra and clothing she looks ok but in a bikini it's almost disgusting how big They are. (They're so big they deserve to be treated as a proper noun.)

Kevin (Token Gay): Seriously, they couldn't of made a more gay stereotype if they carved him our of Liberace's crap

Tank Girl/Tatt Girl: I kind of like her. She's spunky!

Forgetable Guy: Forgetable.

"18" Year Old Grl: Meh. She hasn't stood out for me yet.

Old Guy: Just there, mostly, right now but he seems kind of cool.

Blondie: Seems nice, kinda cute, but dim. She couldn't figure our simple degrees like "90" and "180" during the challenge? I guess she missed that entire unit of her third-grade math class.

Oh, and it would seem that the Big Brother house designers this year got a real deal on diamond plate.

Interesting episode, not too surprising on the nominations, and GOD Jessie needs to go away.

And, I dunno, I can fall asleep on almost any horizontal surface so that diamond-plate slab with the cushion on it looked fine to me, granted, not overly comfortable but a sleep-onable surface. Diva was just being a diva for Diva's sake.

But, man, Ronnie. Keep a frickin' shirt on!
Old July 13 2009, 04:16 AM   #32
Keith1701
Rear Admiral

canadaboy_32 wrote: View Post
I'm glad we don't have to go through another season of Cowboy.
My wife loves this show.
Keith1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2009, 07:09 AM   #33
Hennessy Badger
Fleet Captain

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
I haven't watched tonight's episode yet but here's my thoughts on some spoilery stuff...

Spot's Meow wrote: View Post
And Jessie's still a douchebag. Can't wait until he is no longer HOH and someone can possibly get rid of him. Or Russell. Or Natalie.
I'd guess Jess will be target #1 will the inevitable power shift occurs.
"Gene Roddenberry used to say that Star Trek is a way of saying that the way things are is not the way they have to be. It's about imagining other possibilities, better possibilities." - David Gerrold
Hennessy Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2009, 07:32 AM   #34
Hennessy Badger
Fleet Captain

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Ronnie: (Pasty "Brains" guy.) I kind of like him but, dude, a fauxhawk? Really?
Yeah, thankfully as of late he's laid off the hair gell...for now.

Bespectacled "Brainy" Girl: I like her.
I watch the feeds waaaay to much, and even still I forget she's even in the house! I mean, there's laying low and then there's laying low. I predict the term "floater" will be assigned to her very soon. But from what I've seen, she's nice. Just a little boring.

Chimera (?)(Diva chick.): Grow the fuck up and get over yourself. Jesus, no wonder she was nominated.
And have you seen her forehead? Botox gone overboard. Chima couldn't frown to save her life!

Tank Girl/Tatt Girl: I kind of like her. She's spunky!
Same. She's got a killer smile.

Forgettable Guy: Forgettable.
That will change. Trust me.

"18" Year Old Grl: Meh. She hasn't stood out for me yet.
I'm torn on her. She's a real fan of the show, which I love. But she's...

Blondie: Seems nice, kinda cute, but dim. She couldn't figure our simple degrees like "90" and "180" during the challenge? I guess she missed that entire unit of her third-grade math class.
She's probably the biggest/only sweetheart in the house. But you're 100% right on the dim thing. To this day she occasionally refers to Chima as "Keesha" (from last season!).
"Gene Roddenberry used to say that Star Trek is a way of saying that the way things are is not the way they have to be. It's about imagining other possibilities, better possibilities." - David Gerrold
Old July 13 2009, 02:39 PM   #35
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Ugh. I got maybe two minutes into last night's episode before I shut it off. It was a montage of Jesse, showing how much he loves himself. Over. and over. and over again.

I don't even know the guy, and I already think he's the biggest jerk on television these days. So it's deleted now. When he's gone, someone please let me know and I'll try to tune in again. But not before then.
Old July 13 2009, 11:52 PM   #36
Hennessy Badger
Fleet Captain

More fights today. Racial slurs being thrown around. Ugly stuff.

Without saying too much - someone definitely sealed their fate today.
Old July 14 2009, 12:20 AM   #37
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Ugh. I got maybe two minutes into last night's episode before I shut it off. It was a montage of Jesse, showing how much he loves himself. Over. and over. and over again.

I don't even know the guy, and I already think he's the biggest jerk on television these days. So it's deleted now. When he's gone, someone please let me know and I'll try to tune in again. But not before then.
Jessie is a giant douche. I mean, really, the guy is all of the jocks who shoved me into my locker rolled into one. He's got an ounce or two of likability and charm of him but it's a couple of ounces in an ocean of self-loving smarmy douchiness. The guy is a walking stereotype of the body builder right down to the flexing, kissing his own muscles and even the way he talks.

The sooner he goes away the better.
Old July 15 2009, 12:10 AM   #38
Hennessy Badger
Fleet Captain

We have our first hook-up of the season! And much to everyone's disgust
it's Jessie and...

Old July 16 2009, 10:13 PM   #39
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

^In reply...

—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2009, 11:31 PM   #40
Danny99
Vice Admiral

So unfortunately it looks like it's going to Braden tonight.

I'd rather see Chima and her princess attitude hit the road, not only to screw with the Athletes alliance, but to hasten the jettisioning of Ronnie.
Old July 17 2009, 01:37 AM   #41
Danny99
Vice Admiral

So the Chima speech only reinforces my hate for her. I guess people are not allowed to make mistakes and apologize for them. I guess every one should be held accountable for that one stupid mistake they made in their life!

She better go soon!
Old July 17 2009, 01:53 AM   #42
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Chima should've ended her speech with three snaps. Surprised she wasn't the one going unaminously. Oh well, Braden was a douche so he needs to go too.
Old July 17 2009, 05:00 AM   #43
Level 2 Diagnostic
Captain

What did Chima say? It all got bleeped here on the west coast...
Level 2 Diagnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2009, 05:21 AM   #44
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

I'm not sure what Chima said exactly but I know that one of the racist comments that Braden said during his argument with Lydia and Kevin was that they are "beaners." That's mean but not the worst racial slur in the world...honestly I suspected something a lot worse!

I am so pissed at Ronnie. Why did he do that? I guess to save his own ass in case the athletes or Lydia/Kevin won HOH but still...that was so annoying and stupid. I really wanted to see Chima go, and I really wanted the athletes to be put in their place. God knows they deserve it.

And by the way, Braden calling Julie Chen a whore has been so exaggerated!! A couple of nights ago they were all really drunk and were playing Simon Says. It somehow got turned into Julie Says. It was Braden's turn to be Simon and he said "Julie...is a ho!" It was a fucking JOKE. Obviously it's not nice to say but when you look at in it context it's hardly something to fret about. Chima IS highly melodramatic.

My dream would be to see Ronnie put up Lydia and Natalie and backdoor Russell...I don't know what side Ronnie's really on but I hope he turns on the athletes either way.

I feel so pissed off at this show. Things never go the way I'd like. The closest we got was Janelle getting so close to the end but then losing that HOH competition. Everything else always seems to go with the people I can't stand.

And what was with the audience being all disappointed that people were voting for Chima and wanting Braden out? Even if they don't like Braden's comments, would they honestly have the athletes win out instead?! I find the athletes (besides Jeff) to be far more despicable human beings than Braden.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17 2009, 05:40 AM   #45
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Chima plus Lydia plus Kevin plus Ronnie = bad Friendship memories.

Once again, we see the annoying loud mouth (Lydia playing Ivette), the tag along gay guy (Kevin playing Beau), the melodramatic racist (Chima again playing Ivette), and someone seen as this smart player (Ronnie playing Maggie)

I'd rather keep the athletes around if it meant we could get rid of the four of them quicker. The athletes grate on my nerves slightly less.

The clique thing has screwed over game play. Jeff is now dead man walking because of it. Lydia and Kevin have become a two headed monster because of it. Jessie, Russell, and Natalie had so much power this week because of it. Michele is silenced by Ronnie (or so it seems) by it (so much for outhinking people eh Michele)

The only bright point of this season is that they seem to be fighting just as much as BB6 and we can only hope it continues for the entire season.