RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,721
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 709
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old July 14 2009, 06:42 PM   #31
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Re: UFP Anthem

Thor Damar wrote: View Post
^ Don't worry, the sovereignty of the Council WILL be respected by Central Command. As for the Order...
*blank voice*: I have no doubt both Central Command and the Order serve equally within the laws of this Council.
Old July 14 2009, 06:47 PM   #32
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Thor Damar

^ As should we all, just as long as we are in agreement with where our Priorities...lie.

Thor Damar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2009, 07:06 PM   #33
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

As per usual Speaker Narsat of the Council is correct. As we have so often seen in the long and glorious history of our proud and noble union, there have been corrupt and weak fools who seek to rule the state rather than serve it. Those who take the message of 'Cardassia Forever' and turn it into license to use the Cardassian populace to their own selfish ends. Not to mention the outsiders who would see us bought down low and use the worse of us to that evil end.

It is the first duty of all Cardassians (and humans for that matter) to not trust those who demand blind obedience but to work for the advancement of the State and the people who are the true masters.
Let the Central Command, Detapa Council and the vanguard of the Obsidian Order lead the way.

Long Live Cardassia!

Gul Thor Damar.
This is...an interesting point of view for a gul of the Cardassian Guard to be taking. We must always remember, though, that we are privy to information that the people do not--and must not--possess, and therefore it is incumbent upon us to make decisions in their stead. The survival of Cardassia, of course, is paramount, which is why we must think carefully before we make our decisions--but do not allow sentiment to sap your will to undertake such necessities.

^ Don't worry, the sovereignty of the Council WILL be respected by Central Command. As for the Order...
We serve as Cardassia requires.
Old July 14 2009, 07:15 PM   #34
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Rick Rolling was banned by the Khitomer Accords, IIRC.
NEVAH!
Old July 14 2009, 07:32 PM   #35
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
NEVAH!
That's it, this means War! Prepare the Guard for battle.And the Order shall be with you shortly...

Old July 14 2009, 07:45 PM   #36
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
As per usual Speaker Narsat of the Council is correct. As we have so often seen in the long and glorious history of our proud and noble union, there have been corrupt and weak fools who seek to rule the state rather than serve it. Those who take the message of 'Cardassia Forever' and turn it into license to use the Cardassian populace to their own selfish ends. Not to mention the outsiders who would see us bought down low and use the worse of us to that evil end.

It is the first duty of all Cardassians (and humans for that matter) to not trust those who demand blind obedience but to work for the advancement of the State and the people who are the true masters.
Let the Central Command, Detapa Council and the vanguard of the Obsidian Order lead the way.

Long Live Cardassia!

Gul Thor Damar.
This is...an interesting point of view for a gul of the Cardassian Guard to be taking. We must always remember, though, that we are privy to information that the people do not--and must not--possess, and therefore it is incumbent upon us to make decisions in their stead. The survival of Cardassia, of course, is paramount, which is why we must think carefully before we make our decisions--but do not allow sentiment to sap your will to undertake such necessities.

We serve as Cardassia requires.
As do we. Even a humble Glinn such as myself will go wherever Cardassia sends me. Although, if I might be allowed a comment: I do not view sentiments and feelings as weaknesses to be overcome. They make us stronger Cardassians, not emotionless drones! When properly applied, of course...

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
NEVAH!
That's it, this means War! Prepare the Guard for battle.
Against such a savage enemy...I would hope that my ship will be at the front lines. I would gladly give my life if it ensured the destruction of such a foul opponent!

"Set phasers tae malky!"
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2009, 07:49 PM   #37
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

You do credit to your family and to Cardassia, Gul. You shall be at the Union's vanguard against this most terrible of foes. May victory smile upon us this day.

Old July 14 2009, 07:50 PM   #38
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

You do credit to your family and to Cardassia, Gul. You shall be at the Union's vanguard against this most terrible of foes. May victory smile upon us this day.
I'll do my part. I hereby divert as many funds to the Central Command as they require to take this war to our enemies.
Old July 14 2009, 07:52 PM   #39
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

*bows* I am...honored, sir. I promise that I will not let you down. I live to serve the Guard and Cardassia.

"Set phasers tae malky!"
Old July 14 2009, 07:54 PM   #40
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

Excellent! We will build our war machine to such unimaginable heights and strike at the foul heart of our enemy. There will be no quarter

Old July 14 2009, 07:57 PM   #41
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Excellent! We will build our war machine to such unimaginable heights and strike at the foul heart of our enemy. There will be no quarter
And you've changed your avatar for the occassion. Inspiring!
Old July 14 2009, 07:59 PM   #42
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Just don't topple anyone who lives next door to the Romulans. You know how they get when that happens.
Old July 14 2009, 08:00 PM   #43
Thor Damar
Rear Admiral

^ One must always show resolve and determination in the face of such chaos and the Empire will remain strong in the face of this adversity, for the sake of our sons and daughters.

Cardassia will prevail!

Old July 14 2009, 08:00 PM   #44
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

If I might ask a question, however? I am of course immensely grateful that the Guard has bestowed upon me a promotion and a ship of my own. I humbly request that my ship be named after one of the greatest heroes of our age: the Aman Evek. I had the singular honor of serving under the great Evek while I was assigned to the Vetar. I always looked up to him, and still do. Everything I am, everything I know, I learned from him.

Herkimer: Those foul Romulans will never know what hit them. They deserve to be toppled! And the Guard is just the force to do it. When we are finished with them, the Romulan language will be spoken only in the underworld!

"Set phasers tae malky!"
Old July 14 2009, 08:11 PM   #45
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Well-played. Captain Robau approves of your murderous fervor.