RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,125
Posts: 5,433,379
Members: 24,933
Currently online: 635
Newest member: karanfree

TrekToday headlines

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 6 2009, 09:23 PM   #586
ITHell
Vice Admiral
 
ITHell's Avatar
 
Location: ITL
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

I don't think he does.

For comparison, here's a 'shop I made a while back of Simon Pegg who plays Scotty in the new film. I even used the same McCoy Trek picture as Frodo Lives did...

__________________
"Closed this morning as Ravenscroft, the bakery's dog, sprained his mouth whistling round a corner."
- Tockleys Bakery
ITHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6 2009, 09:57 PM   #587
Sci
Admiral
 
Sci's Avatar
 
Location: "We hold these truths to be self-evident..."
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

RandyS wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
That's Christopher Eccleston, a.k.a. the Ninth Doctor.

Fantastic work, Frodo Lives.
Really? That's not the guy who played Scotty in the new film? Sure looks like him. Granted, I've only seen the movie once and don't know the guy from anything else, but it DOES look like him.
Nope. You are confusing Christopher Eccleston, an English actor most famous in sci-fi circles for playing the ninth incarnation of the Doctor on Doctor Who, for Simon Pegg, who in America is most famous as the star of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Incidently, Pegg guest starred in one of Eccleston's episodes of Doctor Who.

Here are comparative photos:


__________________
"Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it." - George Orwell, 1946
Sci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2009, 06:15 AM   #588
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral
 
DevilEyes's Avatar
 
Location: basking in the warmth of the Fire Caves
View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

^ I never thought that they even looked alike. Maybe because Eccleston is 1) way taller, and 2) completely different in personality and plays completely different characters.
__________________
Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2009, 07:40 AM   #589
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

Sci wrote: View Post
RandyS wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
That's Christopher Eccleston, a.k.a. the Ninth Doctor.

Fantastic work, Frodo Lives.
Really? That's not the guy who played Scotty in the new film? Sure looks like him. Granted, I've only seen the movie once and don't know the guy from anything else, but it DOES look like him.
Nope. You are confusing Christopher Eccleston, an English actor most famous in sci-fi circles for playing the ninth incarnation of the Doctor on Doctor Who, for Simon Pegg, who in America is most famous as the star of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Incidently, Pegg guest starred in one of Eccleston's episodes of Doctor Who.
Here's a scene from that ep, with both of them.
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 12:03 AM   #590
bullethead
Fleet Captain
 
bullethead's Avatar
 
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV


As Picard pontificates, the genre savvy villain Baal decides how to best counter the infamous Picard Lecture.


Of course, it's not like Baal has a fleet at his disposal...
__________________
A business man and engineer discuss how to launch a communications satellite in the 1960s:
Biz Dev Guy: Your communications satellite has to be the size, shape, and weight of a hydrogen bomb.
bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 01:05 AM   #591
jman1a
Cadet
 
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

Here is my submission.
jman1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 04:50 AM   #592
marylizz
Lieutenant Commander
 
marylizz's Avatar
 
Location: Sickbay
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

jman1a wrote: View Post
Here is my submission. (pic)
Wow, that's gorgeous!
marylizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 08:12 AM   #593
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

Sci wrote: View Post
RandyS wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
That's Christopher Eccleston, a.k.a. the Ninth Doctor.

Fantastic work, Frodo Lives.
Really? That's not the guy who played Scotty in the new film? Sure looks like him. Granted, I've only seen the movie once and don't know the guy from anything else, but it DOES look like him.
Nope. You are confusing Christopher Eccleston, an English actor most famous in sci-fi circles for playing the ninth incarnation of the Doctor on Doctor Who, for Simon Pegg, who in America is most famous as the star of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

Incidently, Pegg guest starred in one of Eccleston's episodes of Doctor Who.

Here are comparative photos:


Ah, yes, I see now you're right. I've never watched Doctor Who, so I didn't know who was who.

So to speak.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2009, 07:43 AM   #594
johnsonalmighty
Lieutenant Commander
 
johnsonalmighty's Avatar
 
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

Dammit guys! Ya just got me hooked on Doctor who! DX
johnsonalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2009, 09:58 PM   #595
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral
 
SalvorHardin's Avatar
 
Location: Star's End
View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

I made this one for my avatar.
Gaila (Rachel Nichols) the Orion cadet from Star Trek

__________________

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2009, 05:45 AM   #596
The Elephant's Graveyard
Clone
 
The Elephant's Graveyard's Avatar
 
Location: trampledamage has mysteriously disappeared...
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
I made this one for my avatar.
Gaila (Rachel Nichols) the Orion cadet from Star Trek

I hope she gets to look as cool as this in Trek XII
__________________
Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence - Dr. McCoy

And he says that like it's a bad thing...
The Elephant's Graveyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2009, 12:25 AM   #597
SeerSGB
Admiral
 
SeerSGB's Avatar
 
Location: Out There...That Away
View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

Product of boredom and digging through old back ups:

__________________
- SeerSGB -
"I've made many mistakes, and it's about time that I did something about that." The Doctor (Deep Breath)
| Blog | Homepage |
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2009, 12:26 AM   #598
Shaw
Commodore
 
Shaw's Avatar
 
Location: Twin Cities
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
I made this one for my avatar.
Gaila (Rachel Nichols) the Orion cadet from Star Trek

Makes you wonder what her life might have been like before Starfleet.

Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2009, 10:55 AM   #599
captcalhoun
Admiral
 
Location: everywhere
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

yum!
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2009, 02:46 PM   #600
ClayinCA
Commodore
 
ClayinCA's Avatar
 
Location: New New Jersey
Re: The Photoshop Thread, Part IV

trampledamage wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
I made this one for my avatar.
Gaila (Rachel Nichols) the Orion cadet from Star Trek

I hope she gets to look as cool as this in Trek XII
Wasn't her character on one of the ships that got blowed up real good? (I actually hope not, 'cause I love Rachel Nichols and would like to see her have a larger role in the next movie...)
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.