A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old July 9 2009, 01:13 AM   #31
Rageforthemachine
Rear Admiral

Re: KFC

Luckily I can't eat too much KFC anymore. My stomach seems to have changed its mind on the desireability of laying in a pool of grease.
Rageforthemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 01:24 AM   #32
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I've never actually eaten at KFC. No real reason either, just have no desire to.
Old July 9 2009, 01:39 AM   #33
Plecostomus
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Plecostomus

It used to be good. I remember back in the 1980s (EARLY 1980s) going to the one by Mechanical Man Car Wash in Norwich and it amazing.

Had some recently, it's too... IDK fast-foodish.
Plecostomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 02:34 AM   #34
Goliath
Vice Admiral

I've never had a problem with the service at KFC.

But I don't eat there often, because a) it's expensive, and b) it's so slo-o-o-w.
Old July 9 2009, 06:28 AM   #35
Gil T.Azell
Rear Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
We have a brand new KFC that opened within the last couple months. I've gone twice, and the service was great both times.
Just wait it will go down hill fast!

Camelopard wrote: View Post

But I don't eat there often, because a) it's expensive, and b) it's so slo-o-o-w.
I've had minor problems like you order somthing and they say "We don't have that anymore", yet they still have the signs/posters up advertising they do.
Yes it is pricey, slow and you have to take it home put it in the over for 10-15 to cook out the grease.
and they don't have the Grilled up here is that any good?
Old July 9 2009, 06:31 AM   #36
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Lame as it may be, KFC is a godsend after walking for an hour and a half in scorching heat (with as many idiots as possible trying to run you over at crosswalks) to get your formerly broken-ass car.
Old July 9 2009, 06:37 AM   #37
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Johnnyracefan wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
We have a brand new KFC that opened within the last couple months. I've gone twice, and the service was great both times.
Just wait it will go down hill fast!

Camelopard wrote: View Post

I've had minor problems like you order somthing and they say "We don't have that anymore", yet they still have the signs/posters up advertising they do.
Yes it is pricey, slow and you have to take it home put it in the over for 10-15 to cook out the grease.
and they don't have the Grilled up here is that any good?
Oh, no. The grilled is nasty here. Think overcooked, but slimy.

J.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 06:56 AM   #38
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

Yoda wrote: View Post
RandyS wrote: View Post
My local KFC always gets my order right and the servers are always polite and helpful. and whenever I go in in my wheelchair, they always offer to bring my food to me instead of shouting out my name.

The only problem I ever have with them is when I pay with my ATM, the damn computer always locks up. It's always me, never anybody else. But I've gotten around that by always taking in cash.
I'm glad your location has some basic humanity. I wouldn't want to know how my KFC would treat you. There is evil in that place. Pure evil.

On the bright side, just went to Tommy's Hamburgers. It's kind of like In-N-Out with a chili fetish. Or I guess it's kind of like a Jermaine Jackson. I mean everyone knows he ain't Michael, and sometimes they forget he exists, but when you actually see him do his thing, he ain't half bad!

Anyway, I ordered for two people. One hamburger with everything, one double cheeseburger with no tomatoes, pickles, or mustard, and one order of regular fries. And what did I get? Exactly that, my double cheeseburger had chili, cheese, and onions, and none of the stuff I don't like. It was an order of magnitude more difficult than what I asked of KFC, yet they didn't fail me.

Unfortunately I have some actual work to do today, but hopefully I can get it out of the way so I can write a complaint letter to KFC. Yes, a complaint letter... that should do nicely! Mwahahahahahahaha
Your complaint letter reminded me of an incident my mom had when she and I had lunch once at our local Carl's Jr. She wanted a cheeseburger with nothing but ketchup. It took her eight, yes, eight tries to get it. I don't remember the exact problem (This happened in 1987 or 1988), but she went back to the counter so many times, that on the eighth try when her order was still wrong, she said "fuck it", and ate what they gave her. She then proceeded to pull out two of their courtesy cards and instead of filling them out, she wrote a complaint letter that started "This place sucks!! Only pigs would eat here!!". THAT is why I remember the incident. It still makes me laugh.

Suffice it to say that Carl's closed shortly afterward (and reopened in a new, better spot down the street where we never had any problems), became a Boston Chicken for a couple of years, which was just as bad, then when that failed, the building was torn down, and to this day remains an empty lot.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 07:14 AM   #39
Rageforthemachine
Rear Admiral

Besides they don't have non-spicy extra crispy anymore. Cold extra crispy chicken the next day was heaven.
Rageforthemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 01:56 PM   #40
Mike Farley
Commodore

[pesci]Never go through the drive-thru, always walk up to the counter. You want to know why? Okay, okay, okay...They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care.[/pesci]
Mike Farley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 08:04 PM   #41
Aurian
Vice Admiral

Kestra wrote: View Post
. So anyway, I get the order, struggle home with it, pull everything out and then realize they didn't put in my chocolate parfait. And we didn't have any chocolate in the house. And I was slightly hormonal. It was not a pretty sight.

Oh you poor woman, I feel for ya!
Old July 9 2009, 08:48 PM   #42
Jono
Rear Admiral

Sounds like my brother and the Maccas near where we live. They seem to get his order wrong more often then not. I was with him once and the guy at the window didn't have any receipt paper so we get no recent and when we got to the food window they claimed my brother didn't order a drink with his value meal and he let it go. I was off staying at the window and arguing for 30 minutes. But it did sort of right itself, the next time he went they put two burgers in his bag...which probably meant the guy behind him got screwed.

I worked at a KFC for 8 months back in 2001 as a cooking slaving. Wasn't too bad, other then the many, many oil burns I suffered. Also lived with a girl on college who worked at KFC while she was at uni but unlike me she was did the late to close shifts so she use to come back with a crap load of chips, chicken, bread, gravy, popcorn chicken anything they couldn't keep overnight. On a catered college where you eat at 5:30-6PM and the food sometimes isn't all that flash it was truly awesome at times to get skanky, lukewarm KFC that spent 20 mins in someones backpack.

I also found out on a cold winter's night there is nothing like a warm KFC gravy footbath...good times.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 08:57 PM   #43
ed629
Rear Admiral

There's a BK around here that constantly overcharges you for menu items of their dollar menu. I went through one time and ordered 3 dollar menu items. The total was $4 something. I asked why, they said it weren't dollar menu items. I backed up, took the sign off their menu and handed it them... they did not appreciate that, and still said it was not a dollar menu item.
ed629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9 2009, 09:11 PM   #44
I Grok Spock
Fleet Captain

If they're fucking up your order that badly, just think what they're doing to the food.
Old July 9 2009, 09:48 PM   #45
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I Grok Spock wrote: View Post
If they're fucking up your order that badly, just think what they're doing to the food.
Bingo.

J.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote