RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,557
Posts: 5,401,955
Members: 24,861
Currently online: 670
Newest member: bunty2

TrekToday headlines

Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Abrams To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek 3 Casting Rumor Reactions
By: T'Bonz on Sep 24

Trek Comics Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old July 6 2009, 03:58 AM   #151
Teelie
Vice Admiral
 
Teelie's Avatar
 
Re: Palin steps down as governor

I like that, Bailin' Palin. It rhymes and it's also truthful. She can make up any excuse she wants but we all know she couldn't cut it and is bailing out rather than facing the consequences. Imagine if the Reps won, McCain died and she couldn't cut it. We'd have a weak and ineffective President who would run at the first crisis or excessive name calling by the "hurtful liberal media."
Teelie is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 04:32 AM   #152
Marc
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: An Aussie in Canukistan
Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Teelie wrote: View Post
I like that, Bailin' Palin. It rhymes and it's also truthful. She can make up any excuse she wants but we all know she couldn't cut it and is bailing out rather than facing the consequences. Imagine if the Reps won, McCain died and she couldn't cut it. We'd have a weak and ineffective President who would run at the first crisis or excessive name calling by the "hurtful liberal media."
if she didn't have chance to choose a VP you'd have something almost as bad (albeit in a different way) - Nancy Pelosi as house Majority leader would step up to the plate.
__________________
Gentlemen you can't fight in here - this is the war room.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 05:09 AM   #153
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral
 
Rush Limborg's Avatar
 
Location: The EIB Network
Re: Palin steps down as governor

It rhymes and it's also truthful. She can make up any excuse she wants but we all know she couldn't cut it and is bailing out rather than facing the consequences.
Truth, my friend? She "bailed" because she was all too aware that her enemies would spare no expense to destroy her so long as she remained in office. She "bailed" because her legal defense cost the taxpayers money. She "bailed"...because her honor demands that she not allow the taxpayers to be so gouged like this again.

She knew that the left would continue to file "ethics complaints" so long as she remained in office. She knew that this vile injust was only made possible by the sanction of the victim--her.

Thus, she withdrew her sanction. In two words...Atlas Shrugged.

Imagine if the Reps won, McCain died and she couldn't cut it. We'd have a weak and ineffective President who would run at the first crisis or excessive name calling by the "hurtful liberal media."
Would we? Then you have nothing to fear, do you?

Supposing Sarah would be such a humiliation to herself, and the nation. That would effectively destroy the conservative movement--and consequently, the Republican Party. It's a win-win situation--

Unless...she's not the idiot you so eagerly brand her as....

Could it be...that the REASON you all try to smear her so much...is because she is a THREAT? You saw the size of the crowds that she drew--Ol' Barry never had it so lucky.

Had it not been for Palin, Obama WOULD have gotten his landslide. He did not...because of the crowds she drew.






Hey...BTW...I was under the impression that politicical matters were...discouraged on the Misc. Section of the BBS. (See guidelines)

I'm astonished this thread has lasted for this long before being pulled off by the moderators. Hmm....
__________________
"I have been wounded but not yet slain. I shall lie here and bleed awhile. Then I shall rise and fight again."

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 05:27 AM   #154
JonathonWally
Admiral
 
JonathonWally's Avatar
 
Location: It's Hard To Be Modest When You're As Good As I Am
View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
You saw the size of the crowds that she drew--Ol' Barry never had it so lucky.
Wait, what?



Had it not been for Palin, Obama WOULD have gotten his landslide. He did not...because of the crowds she drew.
I don't know, 356 vs 182 electoral votes was kinda staggering, don't you think?

In addition to McCain/Palin losing every swing state.
__________________
Living vicariously through myself
I like JonathanWally's secret topic races. It's silly and kind of subversive---kind of like him!-auntiehill
I Aim To Misbehave
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
JonathonWally is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 05:29 AM   #155
IndyJones
Vice Admiral
 
IndyJones's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Had it not been for Palin, Obama WOULD have gotten his landslide. He did not...because of the crowds she drew.
I'm sorry, what election were you watching?


JonathonWally wrote: View Post
In addition to McCain/Palin losing every swing state.
That's not true. McCain won Missouri by 0.01%.
__________________
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 05:43 AM   #156
Marc
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: An Aussie in Canukistan
Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: Palin steps down as governor

JonathonWally wrote: View Post
Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
You saw the size of the crowds that she drew--Ol' Barry never had it so lucky.
Wait, what?



Had it not been for Palin, Obama WOULD have gotten his landslide. He did not...because of the crowds she drew.
I don't know, 356 vs 182 electoral votes was kinda staggering, don't you think?

In addition to McCain/Palin losing every swing state.
Didn't he also make some pretty strong headway in some the Red States i.e even those states where McCain picked up the increase in vote for the Dem candidate that weren't exactly small with some areas in terms of the Presidential election turning purple if not blue.

But it's real fun to watch posters try and bring an argument out here where they've got mod protection after utterly failing to make them case in TNZ and gotten ripped a new cornshut in the process.
__________________
Gentlemen you can't fight in here - this is the war room.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 05:49 AM   #157
JonathonWally
Admiral
 
JonathonWally's Avatar
 
Location: It's Hard To Be Modest When You're As Good As I Am
View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Marc wrote: View Post

Didn't he also make some pretty strong headway in some the Red States i.e even those states where McCain picked up the increase in vote for the Dem candidate that weren't exactly small with some areas in terms of the Presidential election turning purple if not blue.
You mean like Utah going from the Number 1 red state to the Number 3 red state?

Or how Texas, TEXAS of all places, started to veer away from being a Republican stronghold?

(To those unfamiliar with Utah and Texas, those are both huge deals)
__________________
Living vicariously through myself
I like JonathanWally's secret topic races. It's silly and kind of subversive---kind of like him!-auntiehill
I Aim To Misbehave
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
JonathonWally is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 05:53 AM   #158
Marc
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: An Aussie in Canukistan
Send a message via ICQ to Marc
Re: Palin steps down as governor

JonathonWally wrote: View Post
Marc wrote: View Post

Didn't he also make some pretty strong headway in some the Red States i.e even those states where McCain picked up the increase in vote for the Dem candidate that weren't exactly small with some areas in terms of the Presidential election turning purple if not blue.
You mean like Utah going from the Number 1 red state to the Number 3 red state?

Or how Texas, TEXAS of all places, started to veer away from being a Republican stronghold?

(To those unfamiliar with Utah and Texas, those are both huge deals)
Exactly which negates any claims about how much influe bailin palin in preventing a bigger Obama victory.

But then I guess they want to admit that she played a big role in ensuring McCain didn't get within light years of Obama.
__________________
Gentlemen you can't fight in here - this is the war room.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 10:13 AM   #159
Roger Wilco
Admiral
 
Roger Wilco's Avatar
 
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Would we? Then you have nothing to fear, do you?

Supposing Sarah would be such a humiliation to herself, and the nation. That would effectively destroy the conservative movement--and consequently, the Republican Party. It's a win-win situation--
Unless, you know, you like the USA enough to not want the country to go down in a giant ball of fire.
__________________
Don't be a douche.
Roger Wilco is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 10:16 AM   #160
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
Hey...BTW...I was under the impression that politicical matters were...discouraged on the Misc. Section of the BBS. (See guidelines)

I'm astonished this thread has lasted for this long before being pulled off by the moderators. Hmm....
Read more closely. Political discussions are once again allowed in Misc on the condition that everybody behaves.

Marc wrote: View Post
But it's real fun to watch posters try and bring an argument out here where they've got mod protection after utterly failing to make them case in TNZ and gotten ripped a new cornshut in the process.
The topic of TNZ, however, is off limits. It's not to be brought up in these discussions at all.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDiogenes is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 01:41 PM   #161
Screamy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Screamy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Screamy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Screamy
Re: Palin steps down as governor

I'm I going to have to dust off all my old election charts and maps and choke a bitch?

Obama won every swing state with the exeption of Missouori, which wasn't finalized for weeks because McCain only won by 3,900 votes out of 3,000,000 cast.

Obama won Indiana. The first time since Johnson's landslide of 1964 that Indiana went blue.

Obama won Virginia. Also the first time since Johnson's landslide of 1964 that Indiana went blue.

Obama won Omaha. The whitest place on Earth.

Obama won North Carolina. The home of Jesse Helms. The first time in 30 years North Carolina went Democrat.

Now, watch me as I rape your face. These are the county changes between 2004 and 2008:


Watch me as I rape your face again. This the how much each county changed. The darker the blue, the more Democratic, the darker the red the more Republican


Nationwide, the country went heavily for Obama with the only Republican gains in Tennessee, Arkansas, and the Appalachians. Well done Palin! What a electoral powerhouse you are.

Let's look at the national polling shall we?


Oh my. She seemed to have helped for a week or so...until she opened her mouth and showed the United States that Alaskans shouldn't be trusted to vote for their own governor and should be devolved to a territory.
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!

Last edited by Screamy; July 6 2009 at 01:52 PM.
Screamy is online now  
Old July 6 2009, 03:05 PM   #162
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral
 
Rush Limborg's Avatar
 
Location: The EIB Network
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Political discussions are once again allowed in Misc on the condition that everybody behaves.

So...do comments like--

Now, watch me as I rape your face.
--count as "behaiving"?

I mean, I'm okay with the news, but I understand the original reasons for banning the subject of politics. It tends to get people a little...shall we say...fired up?
__________________
"I have been wounded but not yet slain. I shall lie here and bleed awhile. Then I shall rise and fight again."

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 03:13 PM   #163
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral
 
Rush Limborg's Avatar
 
Location: The EIB Network
Re: Palin steps down as governor

OK, Squiggy...

First off, that first map looks pretty RED.

AND...note the counties labled green.

It was not a landslide--check the popular vote.

Second...I noticed you did not cite your sources. Where did you get these charts?

Just outta curiosity.
__________________
"I have been wounded but not yet slain. I shall lie here and bleed awhile. Then I shall rise and fight again."

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 03:17 PM   #164
I Am Groot
I Am Groot
 
I Am Groot's Avatar
 
Location: I Am Groot
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Squiggy, keep the personal comments out of the posts.

Rush, if you don't like something, hit notify instead of raising the issue in the thread and let us deal with it.

Enough of the sniping and mini-modding.
__________________
We are Groot and Locutus of Bored.
I Am Groot is offline  
Old July 6 2009, 03:32 PM   #165
JonathonWally
Admiral
 
JonathonWally's Avatar
 
Location: It's Hard To Be Modest When You're As Good As I Am
View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally
Re: Palin steps down as governor

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
OK, Squiggy...

First off, that first map looks pretty RED.

AND...note the counties labled green.

It was not a landslide--check the popular vote.

Second...I noticed you did not cite your sources. Where did you get these charts?

Just outta curiosity.
I noticed you didn't address my post.
__________________
Living vicariously through myself
I like JonathanWally's secret topic races. It's silly and kind of subversive---kind of like him!-auntiehill
I Aim To Misbehave
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
JonathonWally is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.