Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 2 2009, 03:55 AM   #16
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker
Re: FARSCAPE returning to DVD!!!

I hope they get to use at least some of the extras from the original discs. Also, I loved that they had both versions of the season two premiere (RE:Union and Dream a Little Dream) on the original release - would love to see that happen again.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 04:57 AM   #17
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I have two important questions:

1. Will the Complete Series set include The Peacekeeper Wars?
2. Will they release a Blu-ray edition?
Old July 2 2009, 05:08 AM   #18
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Hmm. I'll pick up the complete series if the price is right. Haven't gotten any of this show yet.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 05:16 AM   #19
Skywalker
Admiral

Oh, hell yes. I bought the very first Farscape DVD that came with the first two episodes, but then I stopped after that when I realized it would cost way too much to buy the whole series. Then I missed out on the Starburst Editions. Farscape is one of my favorite shows of all time, so this is a definite buy for me.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 05:45 AM   #20
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I caved and bought the Region 2 complete series box set a while back, so I'm good for Farscape on DVD. Good new for anyone that doesn't have them yet, though.
Old July 2 2009, 05:47 AM   #21
Harvey
Admiral

Michael Chris wrote: View Post
Yes, although apparently the webisodes might still happen.
The last I heard, they were being scripted. But perhaps KRAD may be the expert here, since he's been writing the comics with Rockne S. O'bannon lately.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 06:55 AM   #22
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

I already bought the 4 boxes myself, so I've got the series as well. Frell, this always happens. I finally break down and buy some series because it's about to go extinct on me and then once I do that some brand new rerelease comes out.
Old July 2 2009, 07:55 AM   #23
Technobuilder
Commodore

I started buying Farscape back when they were released in Single 2-Episode Discs, I stopped after the 2nd disc came out...

If the price is right, I will finally own Farscape, DS9, Buffy & Angel (Complete)

Cool.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 08:05 AM   #24
RoJoHen
Awesome

Technobuilder wrote: View Post

If the price is right, I will finally own Farscape, DS9, Buffy & Angel (Complete)

Cool.
Even though my best friend owns Buffy and Angel and has said I can borrow them whenever I want, a couple weeks ago I found out that Walmart was selling them for only $15 per season! So I broke down and bought 1-3 of Buffy (Season 1 of Buffy and Angel actually came packaged together for only $20).

I love my Farscape DVDs, and I already own the whole show. I think the only way I would buy them again is if they came out on Blu-Ray.
Old July 2 2009, 08:13 AM   #25
Dar70
Rear Admiral

A&E usually have expensive dvd sets upon inital release. it takes a few years for them to come down. I doubt we will see even a $40 release price. Im guessing $60+ per season. MSRP will probably be $80.
Dar70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 08:25 AM   #26
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I can't see why anybody would pay more than $100 for a DVD package these days. Those should be 1/10 the price of Blu-Ray releases...
Old July 2 2009, 08:41 AM   #27
Osiris Aten
Lieutenant

zakkrusz wrote: View Post
I already bought the 4 boxes myself, so I've got the series as well. Frell, this always happens. I finally break down and buy some series because it's about to go extinct on me and then once I do that some brand new rerelease comes out.
Same happened to me. I've been buying the used dvds as I haven't been able to find new editions & then this happens. Luckily, I do not have S.1 yet, and so will have to get that *new*
Old July 2 2009, 10:21 AM   #28
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

I bought the Starburst (1 sided) editions only last year, all brand new sealed copies.
Paid over $100 each for 2 of the first seasons sets. Most of the rest weren't too expensive. Avoided the 2 sided discs after reading about numerous problems with them.
But I'm curious, any idea how the full series set might be packaged? I was never too happy with the Stargate SG1 full box set. It looks cool, but a pain in the ass to find the right disc. In hindsight, I wish I had gotten the individual season sets.
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2 2009, 01:50 PM   #29
Michael Chris
Admiral

I guess it depends on the packaging. The two complete series that my family has are both packaged very nicely (Friends and The Twilight Zone).
Old July 2 2009, 03:19 PM   #30
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Other than having trouble find copies of the season 1 & 4 sets, I don't have any problems with the Starburst editions. I already have season 2 & 3 and I hate having to double dip, especially with TV series. The only time I don't mind doing it is if I'm buying the complete series set (like I did with The West Wing).

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote