Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 26 2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Mal
Rear Admiral

Angel: Cordelia's Tramp Stamp

In 2x20 Over the Rainbow, when Angel & Co. cross over to Pylea, the book is left behind - Wesley guesses that it might only exist in our dimension.

Is the same true for Cordy's tramp stamp, because it's missing in 2x21 Through the Looking Glass?

compare:

with:

Old June 26 2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Re: Angel: Cordelia's Tramp Stamp

I think they did what they did with Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox's tattoos, at least the ones that they didn't say the character really has... put make up over it

Although did she always have her tramp stamp and the wrist tats when she was doing Angel or is that a later addition? I don't recall ever seeing any tattoos on her in Angel or Veronica Mars and she was in a bikini during most of her time on Veronica Mars
Old June 26 2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Michael Chris
Admiral

I think remember hearing in a commentary (first season I think) where they accidentally showed Carpenter's tattoo. So, I'm assuming that Cordelia was not supposed to have the tattoo.
Old June 26 2009, 06:34 PM   #4
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Which is kinda interesting... why all these young actresses feel the need to tattoo themselves up and yet when they actually get jobs... they're forced to cover them up. You think they'd almost try harder NOT to get tattooed, so they can get work. I mean I suppose the tramp stamp is easy to cover up, but the wrist tattoo isn't. or hell even Megan Fox's stupid ass Marilyn Monroe tattoo on her forearm. I have to admit, that really looks ugly... at least Cordy's are somewhat more stealthy, of course why NOT let Cordy have it? I mean, it would have fit her character.
Old June 26 2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Ethros
Vice Admiral

In the Angel ep Season 4 ep "Orpheus", at one point you can see Alyson Hannigan's tramp stamp. Which doesn't seem like the sort of thing Willow would have
Maybe she and Tara were feeling rebellious one day?

For the record I personally hate seeing those tatoo's on women. They look horrible to me. What's it even supposed to mean, a way of saying "Look at me, I take it up the arse"?
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2009, 06:52 PM   #6
Michael Chris
Admiral

"There was just a shot where you got a brief glimpse of the tattoo on Charisma's lower back. This was edited as much as we could, I believe, so that you couldn't see it. Because it was generally felt that that would not be something that Cordelia would have, would be that tattoo. So it's generally hidden, every now and then you get a glimpse of it." - Jane Espenson on the commentary for Rm w/a Vu (Time Code on R1 DVD: 35:37 - 38:00).

- Michael, bored transcriber.
Old June 26 2009, 07:01 PM   #7
Michael Chris
Admiral

And seriously, how fast is google? I did a google search to see if anyone else had transcribed it. It came up with that post I made less than five minutes before.
Old June 26 2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Ethros wrote: View Post
What's it even supposed to mean, a way of saying "Look at me, I take it up the arse"?
Well that would certainly cut down on guesswork if that's what you're into.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26 2009, 07:44 PM   #9
od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital

... For the record I personally hate seeing those tatoo's on women. They look horrible to me. What's it even supposed to mean, a way of saying "Look at me, I take it up the arse"?
Not a fan of 'em, either, but seems to me that just about every woman in my age group has a tatt somewhere on their body.

Of course, I will always remember one girl in particular, she had her own name tatt'ed in three inch high letters & multi-colored from one hip to the other above her ass. When I asked her why she'd have her own name tatt'ed, she said, "So you can remember which name to call out when you're fucking me."

Old June 26 2009, 07:57 PM   #10
Ethros
Vice Admiral

I've got nothing against anal sex btw, just I don't think it's amazing to around advertising you do it or at least love it from behind.

And what's it meant to be for? So the guy banging you from behind can look at it while he's doing you?
How does that work? The guy is thinking "yeah, yeah, fuck yeah, this is awesome. whoo!... yeah... actually this a bit boring... oooh what's this on here. A tattoo? Ah this will keep be entertained until I cum. Hmm, just some random meaningless squiggles, or something in Japanese. Wonder what it means? How interesting"

It might make be an ass, but I'd think less of a girl I liked and got to know and then found out she had one.

For me, I like naked female flesh, ideally I don't want it covered by some permament crappy scrawling. Maybe I just like girls to look "innocent"
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2009, 04:05 AM   #11
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

I'm not a huge fan of those tatoos but at least they're more feminine than some of the otherwise attractive women I know with full sleeves. There's one woman in particular, a good friend of mine, as sweet as can be, that has these weird, hideous circles all over her arm. I don't know if they're supposed to be alien heads or what.

Michael Chris wrote: View Post
"There was just a shot where you got a brief glimpse of the tattoo on Charisma's lower back. This was edited as much as we could, I believe, so that you couldn't see it. Because it was generally felt that that would not be something that Cordelia would have, would be that tattoo. So it's generally hidden, every now and then you get a glimpse of it." - Jane Espenson on the commentary for Rm w/a Vu (Time Code on R1 DVD: 35:37 - 38:00).

- Michael, bored transcriber.
Weird, because I'd think it might be something Cordelia would have. Maybe not but it's not totally out of character.

As for Willow, I certainly wouldn't expect to see any tatoos on Willow during Seasons 1-4. But after that, I could see her & Tara getting really crazy in some kind of stereotypical lesbian rebellion. More likely though, it would have been Kennedy's idea.

As for the other ladies on the show:
Buffy- I don't think so. If she did, I think an episode would have outright mentioned it.
Anya- No, unless that's what she thought Xander wanted.
Dawn- I think she'd want one but I can't see Buffy or Joyce letting her get one.
Jenny Calendar- I hope so! (Anything to make her seem kinkier.)
Faith- Pretty much a requirement.
Fred- No way.
Eve- She seems like the type. After all, she went to UC-Santa Cruz.
Darla, Drusilla, Lilah- Sure. Why not?
Old June 27 2009, 04:37 AM   #12
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

I've got nothing against anal sex btw, just I don't think it's amazing to around advertising you do it or at least love it from behind.

And what's it meant to be for? So the guy banging you from behind can look at it while he's doing you?
Interesting posting over at snopes.com on this subject:

Comment: I am writing to ask you to disillusion millions of men
everywhere.

I'm talking about the "Tramp Stamp" myth. Many men believe that when a
woman gets a tattoo on her lower back, it means that she is willing to do
anal.

I've asked around to all of my friends. None of us had that in mind when
we got our tattoos...Heck, most of the ones I've spoken to have had to have some really annoying conversations with men because of it. This is especially
annoying for those who got their tattoos before they were common, in the
early nineties...
Link
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2009, 06:55 AM   #13
Peter the Younger
Commodore

I don't mind them, but then I am a fan of tattoos in general. I will admit that the tramp stamp has become a bit too common and meaningless (the female equivalent of tribal armbands on men.) As for the "I do anal" connection, I don't get that. I think the thought process for most (young) men is more generic, something like this:

1. She has a tattoo.
2. Good girls don't get tattoos.
3. She must be a bad girl.
5. Bad girls often make bad decisions.
6. Maybe she will make a bad decision with me.

Peter the Younger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27 2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Hermiod
Admiral

Maybe they just get them because they think they look cool and there's no more to it than that ?

It's her body, she can do what she likes with it.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28 2009, 04:05 AM   #15
Mal
Rear Admiral

Michael Chris wrote: View Post
I think remember hearing in a commentary (first season I think) where they accidentally showed Carpenter's tattoo. So, I'm assuming that Cordelia was not supposed to have the tattoo.

here's Cordy in S3 (back from Pylea) with her tat: