New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old June 18 2009, 04:22 AM   #16
Scifiguy120
Ensign

Re: Star Trek Excalibur

So, when and where can we play?
Scifiguy120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2009, 10:38 PM   #17
Judge King
Lieutenant

Scifiguy120 wrote: View Post
So, when and where can we play?
it will be done when it's done and they intend for it to be downloadable. All you really need is a computer capable of handling the graphics.
Judge King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2009, 02:29 PM   #18
zach21uk
Ensign

We have posted a new update yesterday showing of our Klingon Bird of Prey which will fully animate in Star Trek Excalibur.

Six new screenshots were posted in total - here are two of them to wet your tastebuds - visit our site for the rest http://www.stexcalibur.com/index.php...hips&Itemid=31

zach21uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2009, 10:16 PM   #19
msbae
Commodore

zach21uk wrote: View Post
That is (so far) one of the best models of the Galaxy class that I've seen for any game based on this franchise. (The only other I remember is the one from Star Trek: Legacy.)

What does it say when amateurs/rookies can make a good model when professional studios usually mess up the secondary hull configuration? It says some people just didn't care enough to make a product that isn't shovelware.
msbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21 2009, 11:40 PM   #20
Mr.Borg
Lieutenant Junior Grade

WOW! I am so impressed. When is it out?
Old June 23 2009, 07:16 PM   #21
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: Introducing Star Trek Excalibur

As I've said before and will say again: Excalibur does great work.
Old June 26 2009, 05:49 PM   #22
zach21uk
Ensign

msbae wrote: View Post
That is (so far) one of the best models of the Galaxy class that I've seen for any game based on this franchise. (The only other I remember is the one from Star Trek: Legacy.)

What does it say when amateurs/rookies can make a good model when professional studios usually mess up the secondary hull configuration? It says some people just didn't care enough to make a product that isn't shovelware.
Thanks for the great compliment. We will be doing a full update with our Galaxy Class in a couple of weeks so be sure to look out for it!
Old June 26 2009, 10:03 PM   #23
msbae
Commodore

msbae wrote: View Post

Thanks for the great compliment. We will be doing a full update with our Galaxy Class in a couple of weeks so be sure to look out for it!
Oh, I will...
Old June 28 2009, 06:28 PM   #24
zach21uk
Ensign

Yesterday, we posted an update on one of our Hero ships, the IKS Gorkon which is a Vorcha Refit - check out the full update here: http://www.stexcalibur.com/index.php...hips&Itemid=31

Here are a couple of screenshots:

Old June 28 2009, 09:20 PM   #25
msbae
Commodore

Yesterday, we posted an update on one of our Hero ships, the IKS Gorkon which is a Vorcha Refit - check out the full update here: http://www.stexcalibur.com/index.php...hips&Itemid=31

Here are a couple of screenshots:

The only difference between that and a regular Vor'Cha that I see is that tailfin in the back. Why is that there? Improving aerodynamic efficiency hardly matters when flying through a vacuum.
Old June 29 2009, 02:38 AM   #26
Rat Boy
Vice Admiral

I think it's supposed to represent the Gorkon from the Pocket Book novels.
Rat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30 2009, 06:42 PM   #27
nx1701g
Admiral

The website also says it has enhanced weapons.
Old July 1 2009, 09:29 AM   #28
Deks
Rear Admiral

You know ... as much as the graphics are good ... I think they can stand to be even better.
Will try to get in touch with them and inquire just how much can the engine be modified to portray slightly higher intensity of specular areas while retaining the contrast and perhaps adding some faint glows ... without taxing the system too much.
Old July 10 2009, 02:28 AM   #29
Johnnymuffintop
Commander

Send a message via AIM to Johnnymuffintop Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Johnnymuffintop Send a message via Yahoo to Johnnymuffintop

I love the idea of a complete overhaul of the Bridge Commander engine...

but I just can't stand their Excalibur class... I mean, those nacelles, seriously?

When it's done, I'll give the ship a once-over, but probably just replace it with the new Enterprise.
Johnnymuffintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10 2009, 04:22 PM   #30
ProwlAlpha
Fleet Captain

This is a request from a ship lover. Please get the ships name and registries right. I know its a little thing, but if you are showcasing vessels, do the research and proofing.

Like with Legacy, Apollo class vessels with Ambassador era registries that are just Constitution Refit saucers and nacelles, come on. Or having the various specific era of ships with registries too low for being brand new or registries being too high such as the Akula class from Legacy. NCC-xxxxx, come on. This is annoying as well like putting destroyed ships from on-screen as background ships with still readable registries and names. Apparently the Miranda class Reliant NCC-1864 fought in the Dominion War according to various DS9 episodes. At least give the Reliant another registry or add one more number to it.