To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old June 23 2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Fallout 3 dlc Point Lookout available on XBL

been playing this all day, large for DLC, lots of missions, new weapons(found so far); the Axe: a so-so melee weapon, Double Barrel shotgun: (damn powerfull upclose, eats 2 shells per shot, slow reload time) and the Lever Action Rifle: Lincoln's repeater in 10mm, please tell me if and where you find any new weapons or alternate versions
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2009, 01:40 AM   #2
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

Re: Fallout 3 dlc Point Lookout available on XBL

The best place for this info is fallout3.wikia.com, which is updated really frequently with new info on the unique weapons (there are a few).

I just started playing it a few hours ago, but then my game crashed (playing the PC version). I've done a few things, but there are a lot more missions than any of the last DLCs. Most people who have played it so far think it's easily the best of the four DLCs. IMO, they have been getting better with each one. 'Anchorage' was really weak, although the weapons you get at end of the simulation were worth it. The Pitt was decent, but I liked all of the new additions with Broken Steel. This one seems a bit weak in the weapons department, but there is a lot to do.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2009, 03:27 AM   #3
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

I waltzed into Point Lookout at level 28, having recently eliminated the Enclave threat from the capital wastes. I expected to brush these backwater yokels away like flies but cripes........the tribal people were beating the shit out of me, haha.
Old June 24 2009, 05:13 AM   #4
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I waltzed into Point Lookout at level 28, having recently eliminated the Enclave threat from the capital wastes. I expected to brush these backwater yokels away like flies but cripes........the tribal people were beating the shit out of me, haha.
I swear they have much more health than any Enclave troopers, and they don't even have armor....

Old June 24 2009, 06:04 AM   #5
Commander Vaughn
Vice Admiral

Any talk of them raising the level cap again? My character is sitting at level 29, and I'd have to flush away more experience points if they're upping the cap again with another release later this year...
Old June 24 2009, 03:42 PM   #6
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

LutherSloan wrote: View Post
The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I swear they have much more health than any Enclave troopers, and they don't even have armor....
It was taking me 4 head shots with a Plasma rifle, I ended up going back to my trusty old Lincoln Repeater and using the double barreled shotgun if they got close.

Maybe they purposely tuned it in such a way that they want you to put away your Telsa Cannons and Plasma Rifles and want you firing buckshots and 10mm rounds into the enemies, especially since I am guessing Mothership Zeta will have alien blaster type weapons. I mean, I did notice they have your NPC partner stay behind in the Capital Wasteland so they seem to have a specific playstyle in mind. Or cripes, maybe I have been a pansy this whole time and didn't realize it because Fawkes was killing everyone for me, haha.

Commander Vaughn wrote: View Post
Any talk of them raising the level cap again? My character is sitting at level 29, and I'd have to flush away more experience points if they're upping the cap again with another release later this year...
If you'd asked if more DLC was on the way after Broken Steel came out I'd have said "No way" but here I am 2 months later playing Point Lookout, waiting for Mothership Zeta.
Old June 24 2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

on a side note Paladin Hoss stole my alien blaster and ammo out of my house
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old June 24 2009, 05:30 PM   #8
CaptJimboJones
Vice Admiral

Does anyone know if they're going to release a "Game of the Year"-type edition of Fallout 3 that includes all the DLC (the way they did with TESIV:Oblivion)? I've wanted to buy this game for a while, but I'm willing to wait if I can get the game and all the DLC in one package.
Old June 24 2009, 08:18 PM   #9
kustirider2
Commander

View kustirider2's Twitter Profile

I assume they would.. More money!

I haven't bought this DLC yet. I still haven't completed Broken Steel (Damn Enclave), I'm way over level 20 so I don't even understand why it's so hard
kustirider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2009, 08:23 PM   #10
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

CaptJimboJones wrote: View Post
Does anyone know if they're going to release a "Game of the Year"-type edition of Fallout 3 that includes all the DLC (the way they did with TESIV:Oblivion)? I've wanted to buy this game for a while, but I'm willing to wait if I can get the game and all the DLC in one package.
Yes, this is scheduled for later in the summer/early fall.

The last I read, they are not raising the level cap again (unfortunately).

I agree that they were trying to make this DLC much harder, even for Level 30 players like myself.

Old June 24 2009, 08:31 PM   #11
Commander Vaughn
Vice Admiral

It seems like they could use another raise of the level cap. I made all the way up to level 30 as soon as I finished Broken Steel. Leveling up is a big part of why people play RPGs.
Old June 24 2009, 10:38 PM   #12
Davros
Fleet Admiral

For some reason I cannot get the downloadables to play on my 360.
Old June 25 2009, 03:09 AM   #13
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

There was one point where Paladin Hoss inexplicably appeared on the dock after I warped back to it from another location. I was just like, WTF??? This has happened occasionally at Megaton, where he appears after you leave your house there.

Old June 25 2009, 05:32 AM   #14
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

I caught him IN my house, and now my alien blaster and ammo are missing!, and he spawned in the moonshiner's house in PL as well
Old June 27 2009, 07:24 AM   #15
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Unlimited Mini-Nuke trick:get past level 20, Super Mutant Overlords with tri-beam lasers will start spawning, go inbetween the citidel and the Alington library, an overlord with a tri-beam laser will be figting the brotherhood, kill him, he will have a mini-nuke 75% of the time & he respawns daily (also, several random overlords will have mini-nukes)