RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,835
Posts: 5,220,206
Members: 24,232
Currently online: 525
Newest member: leoveanus

TrekToday headlines

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Miles Away Glyph Award Nominations
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Q Meets NuTrek Crew
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

Pine In Talks For Drama
By: T'Bonz on Apr 18

New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 16 2009, 03:46 AM   #1
theJDcentury
Cadet
 
Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

Good evening, everyone.

This is my first post here at this forum, and while this probably isn't the most substantial conversational topic... it's something that I've been searching for for a while and can't seem to find!

Anyone here remember a particularly hilarious Trek mashup released a year or so ago that featured a hillbilly-ish-themed version of TOS entitled "Star Trak"? If I'm not mistaken, the music the creator used was the Raising Arizona theme with the highpitched yodeling. I also remembered a shot of the Enterprise flying over a barn and hickishly dubbed dialogue (paraphrasing: Spock rattles off techno babble and finishes with "we should explore the planet surface, if ya 'ant to.")

I've searched on youtube using various keywords but can't seem to find it!

Thanks in advance, and I'd like to say that it's really great to be here.

*ahem* It's really great to be here!

sorry... but Steve Martin fans will enjoy that reference.

- J.
theJDcentury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2009, 04:23 AM   #2
theJDcentury
Cadet
 
Re: Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

no one?

to quote seth and amy... "really?"

REALLY?
theJDcentury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2009, 06:38 AM   #3
Gorn Captain
Commander
 
Gorn Captain's Avatar
 
Location: Northfield, Vermont
Re: Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

1. Sorry, no idea on the mashup.

2. I'm a relative newbie here, so maybe it's not my place, but welcome!
Gorn Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2009, 07:04 AM   #4
xman
Commander
 
xman's Avatar
 
Location: Lotus Land, eh
Re: Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

Gorn Captain wrote: View Post
2. I'm a relative newbie here, so maybe it's not my place, but welcome!
I don't believe good manners are ever out of place.

I too welcome you, J.

X
__________________
He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot. ~ Douglas Adams
xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2009, 07:47 AM   #5
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

theJDcentury wrote: View Post
Good evening, everyone.

This is my first post here at this forum, and while this probably isn't the most substantial conversational topic... it's something that I've been searching for for a while and can't seem to find!

Anyone here remember a particularly hilarious Trek mashup released a year or so ago that featured a hillbilly-ish-themed version of TOS entitled "Star Trak"? If I'm not mistaken, the music the creator used was the Raising Arizona theme with the highpitched yodeling. I also remembered a shot of the Enterprise flying over a barn and hickishly dubbed dialogue (paraphrasing: Spock rattles off techno babble and finishes with "we should explore the planet surface, if ya 'ant to.")
I believe you're looking for one of Spockboy's gag reels, in this case the one for "Tomorrow is Yesterday":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8lsBBEapZk
__________________
"If the man doesn't believe as we do, we say he is a crank and that settles it. I mean it does nowadays, because we can't burn him."
— Mark Twain, from Following the Equator
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2009, 02:52 AM   #6
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

xman wrote: View Post
Gorn Captain wrote: View Post
2. I'm a relative newbie here, so maybe it's not my place, but welcome!
I don't believe good manners are ever out of place.
Yeah, it's not like we'd shoot you for speaking up.

Throw vegtables, yes, but no gunfire.

Oh, and welcome J.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2009, 03:50 AM   #7
Gorn Captain
Commander
 
Gorn Captain's Avatar
 
Location: Northfield, Vermont
Re: Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

RandyS wrote: View Post
xman wrote: View Post
Gorn Captain wrote: View Post
2. I'm a relative newbie here, so maybe it's not my place, but welcome!
I don't believe good manners are ever out of place.
Yeah, it's not like we'd shoot you for speaking up.

Throw vegtables, yes, but no gunfire.

Oh, and welcome J.

You know why I said that? There was a thread the other day, I can't remember which, and someone who is a "Captain", which if I remember correctly is 500 posts, just got lambasted by some "higher ranked" folks. Like, you're out of line as someone so new to say this or that....to be fair, the guy was being a dink, but still...

Anyway, I guess I overcompensated for that.
Gorn Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2009, 05:28 PM   #8
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: Question: Looking for "Star Trak" youtube mashup!

Gorn Captain wrote: View Post
RandyS wrote: View Post
xman wrote: View Post
I don't believe good manners are ever out of place.
Yeah, it's not like we'd shoot you for speaking up.

Throw vegtables, yes, but no gunfire.

Oh, and welcome J.

You know why I said that? There was a thread the other day, I can't remember which, and someone who is a "Captain", which if I remember correctly is 500 posts, just got lambasted by some "higher ranked" folks. Like, you're out of line as someone so new to say this or that....to be fair, the guy was being a dink, but still...

Anyway, I guess I overcompensated for that.
The best way to handle that is to simply ignore the person. Take me for example. Very rarely are my posts responded to, if at all.

Basically, what I'm trying to tell you is, never take it personally. None of us here actually know each other. Just find a conversation you're interested in, and if you have something to offer, do it. Sometimes you'll get a reply, sometimes you won't.

Good luck friend.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
mashups, star trak, youtube

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.