RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,686
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 390
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 13 2009, 07:35 PM   #1726
Frazzled
Commander

Re: A Hater Revisits Voyager

Noooooooo don't stop GodBen!! You really lighten my day you're so funny!
Old June 13 2009, 08:31 PM   #1727
TedShatner10
Commodore

Oh God I'm starting to feel like Clive Anderson, I've really put my foot in it.
TedShatner10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2009, 10:51 PM   #1728
flemm
Fleet Captain

I'd like to see this thread continued as well. I haven't posted in it previously, but I find it interesting, if nothing else because I am a hater who is thinking of revisiting Voyager at some point. Please go on
flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2009, 11:48 PM   #1729
The Grim Ghost
Fleet Captain

Don't stop the thread GodBen. Even though I probably only agree with you 50% of the time, I still enjoy reading it and hearing your thoughts on these episodes.

Besides you've come this far you may as well finish it.
Old June 14 2009, 04:20 AM   #1730
Alex1939
Captain

The plus side if you quit, no more watching Voyager!

:drumroll:
Alex1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 06:40 AM   #1731
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

Alex1939 wrote: View Post
The plus side if you quit, no more watching Voyager!

:drumroll:

Lame.
Old June 14 2009, 08:25 AM   #1732
DGCatAniSiri
Captain

I'd like to think that GodBen has thicker skin than to let an argumentative disagreement with his scoring cause him to give this up. This is the internet, and if I may quote Q, if you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

Of course, if I'm wrong, we do need to fill the position. Which naturally means wacky job interviews! *crickets* ...Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Last edited by DGCatAniSiri; June 14 2009 at 08:45 AM.
DGCatAniSiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 10:21 AM   #1733
NumberSix
Lieutenant

Location: wonderland or neverland, whether i'm with alice or peter

^ I agree. Come on GodBen, we're wasting valuable review & discussion time!
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 02:32 PM   #1734
Alex1939
Captain

Tachyon wrote: View Post
Lame.
No doubt, if I had to sum up the whole of Voyager I could not choose a better word.

Lol at everyone in the last few posts. I took Godben's last statements as sarcasm.
Alex1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 02:48 PM   #1735
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

^How predictable and unoriginal.

If you can't stand like Voyager at all, why are you here?
Old June 14 2009, 02:54 PM   #1736
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

GodBen wrote: View Post
Fair enough, I guess I'll stop then, it's not like as if this thread is making me the crack money that I hoped it would. I guess it's back to male whoring for me. If any of your would like to avail of my new profession then feel free to send me a PM.

So long guys, it's been fun.

I'm on my way to Holyhead right now baby. I hope you're versatile.
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 03:31 PM   #1737
M
Vice Admiral

Alex1939 wrote: View Post
Lol at everyone in the last few posts. I took Godben's last statements as sarcasm.
Oh, I'm sure he was being sarcastic (after all there's no way Ben ever stopped selling his body to willing men in the first place ), but seriously, does it really hurt if some people express their encouragement for his work in this thread? I don't think it does.

TedShatner10 wrote: View Post
I clearly overreacted and did not intend to directly attack GodBen so I apologise again, ...
I think it's very decent of you to say that. I know from my own experience how hard it can be to concede that something you have said was wrong.

TedShatner10 wrote: View Post
Oh, what an asshole. I don't know why he seems to think slamming the work of his guests is such a good idea. Besides, Don't Forget To Remember is a beautiful song.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«

Last edited by M; June 14 2009 at 03:44 PM.
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 04:36 PM   #1738
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

No, Clive Anderson is a legend for his HIGNFY appearance when he made Piers Morgan look like the twat he is.

I don't think the Bee Gees come out of that interview particularly well either.
Tomalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 05:07 PM   #1739
M
Vice Admiral

Tomalak wrote: View Post
No, Clive Anderson is a legend for his HIGNFY appearance when he made Piers Morgan look like the twat he is.

I don't think the Bee Gees come out of that interview particularly well either.
Well, I don't really know the guy. This clip was my first exposure to him. And judging from the way he constantly made fun of the Bee Gee's career I'm not so sure if I'd really like him that much. I don't think it was necessary for Barry to break up the interview and leave the show, but I can understand why he was a bit upset.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 10:55 PM   #1740
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

My turn as a man whore didn't work out so well, I only received one PM and she wanted me to do something involving her horse. I forgot to put "no animals" in my ad...

But I digress, and since you have all requested that I continue so fervently I have decided that the best thing for me to do would be to open my own website to post reviews on. That way I can charge everyone $5 to view each review, and soon I will be on the way to sweet crack-induced nirvana.

But unfortunately my web-coding isn't up to current standards, and eliciting money for the purposes of purchasing narcotics is apparently a breach of my parole, so I'm just going to continue with this thread instead. Here we go:

I can see the promo now: From the man who brought you The Visitor and In the Pale Moonlight comes...

Neelix and some cartoon characters on the holodeck.

No, seriously.

Please watch our show.

Once Upon a Time (***½)

Actually, it's not that bad. The story idea is interesting and it makes good use of Neelix's previously defined history. There's some good throwbacks to the Metreon Cascade which killed all his family as it is seemingly played out before his eyes as the forest burns down around him. And the idea that Neelix is trying to protect Naomi from the truth because of how his past still haunts him is very good.

It's not a perfect episode, I think I spotted a continuity issue and they played up the suspense angle at the end when they should have gone for the emotional angle, but ultimately I found the episode surprisingly enjoyable. This episode joins Jetrel, Fair Trade and Mortal Coil as Neelix episodes which manage to score 3½ stars.

Welcome to the show Michael Taylor, considering your history on DS9, the fact that you later joined BSG's writing staff and the fact that you co-wrote the pilot of Virtuality with RDM, I'm going to be keeping a close eye on you.