Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

IDW Publishing Comic Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 14 2009, 07:23 AM   #76
Capt_Piett
Rear Admiral

Re: Wolverine And The X-Men - anyone watching?

I was watching...but for some reason, my Tivo only recorded 2 episodes of it, then couldn't find it anymore anywhere. I guess I'll get the DVDs when they release the full season....
Old June 14 2009, 03:48 PM   #77
exodus
Fleet Admiral

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
This is a pretty good show.

Wolverine is a bit of a dick on WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN. Take this past week's episode with Mr. Sinister. "You'll start a war." This from the guy who stirred up shit the prior week with Sabretooth and weapon-x people, despite warnings from Prof. X not to go looking. (Is Emma Frost really on their side?)

One thing I've noticed is that Cyclops as a character in the toons and movies seems to be defined by only two things: wanting Jean and hostility towards Wolverine. That's it. He sucks. He's the outmoded straight-laced good guy in a post-Punisher/Spawn/Wolverine world. All he can do is breakdown and act against character by playing the loose cannon that he is not and fail at that.

Shit, Jean Grey's main role is object of lust/victim. She's not much better.

And ugh, I like Clancy Brown, but he'd done few animated baddy voices too many.
Keep watching, Emma's agenda will be revealed.

Cyclops has no personality, never has.
However, what they're showing is true even from the comics. Scott falls to pieces when ever Jean isn't around. What type of leader is that?
Still, I'm not sure why Storm isn't co-leader anymore.
Old June 14 2009, 07:04 PM   #78
MNM
Captain

roguephoenix wrote: View Post
i really don't like one minor uninteresting character being billed as "top dog"
You think Wolverine is a "minor" character?
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 07:07 PM   #79
Anwar
Vice Admiral

exodus wrote: View Post
MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
This is a pretty good show.

Wolverine is a bit of a dick on WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN. Take this past week's episode with Mr. Sinister. "You'll start a war." This from the guy who stirred up shit the prior week with Sabretooth and weapon-x people, despite warnings from Prof. X not to go looking. (Is Emma Frost really on their side?)

One thing I've noticed is that Cyclops as a character in the toons and movies seems to be defined by only two things: wanting Jean and hostility towards Wolverine. That's it. He sucks. He's the outmoded straight-laced good guy in a post-Punisher/Spawn/Wolverine world. All he can do is breakdown and act against character by playing the loose cannon that he is not and fail at that.

Shit, Jean Grey's main role is object of lust/victim. She's not much better.

And ugh, I like Clancy Brown, but he'd done few animated baddy voices too many.
Keep watching, Emma's agenda will be revealed.

Cyclops has no personality, never has.
However, what they're showing is true even from the comics. Scott falls to pieces when ever Jean isn't around. What type of leader is that?
Still, I'm not sure why Storm isn't co-leader anymore.
I liked how in Earth X, when Wolverine had become a fat slob Scott was the only one who bothered trying to keep the dream alive. Even when Xaiver was dead and Jean left him for Logan (even though she was really Madylene). Evo Scott didn't seem all that Jean-dependent either (though it could've gone that way...).
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 07:12 PM   #80
FreezeC77
Commodore

I was never a fan of Cyclops because of the whole Jean stuff. It was horrible in the old x-men series and in most of the comics. I've only started to enjoy him in the comics since he got together with Emma. I thought the Cyclops that Joss Whedon wrote for his Astonishing run was a really great version of him and the first time I ever actually liked the character outside of alternate-universe non-616 versions of him.

I'd comment more about the series, but I kinda cheated and watched the whole first season so don't wanna spoil things since Nick hasn't finished it off heh.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote