RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,232
Posts: 5,438,582
Members: 24,957
Currently online: 567
Newest member: zanejc

TrekToday headlines

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

View Poll Results: Chakotay / Seven pairing gets:
Thumbs up! 21 17.80%
Thumbs down! 97 82.20%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old June 11 2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

I've seen a thread titled "7 and Chakotay did anyone see that coming???," but that one has been dead for over a year, and I'm really curious what you VOY fans think of this (unexpected) pairing.

I remember my reaction being WTF? , and I admit, I was less than enthusiastic about it, probably because a part of me rooted for the guy in my present avatar (Harry).

Your thoughts?
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 07:03 PM   #2
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Chakotay & Seven are like Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher.
You know they're together but you're not exactly sure why.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 07:08 PM   #3
JustKate
Rear Admiral
 
JustKate's Avatar
 
Location: Indiana, USA
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

As presented, it was just ridiculous. With the proper build-up, it might not have been, but...well, proper build-up wasn't usually one of Voyager's strengths, sadly, and it definitely wasn't in this case.

And I have to say, I think she and Harry might have been kind of cute together. I doubt if you and I, Mach5, will find that many who agree with us, but let's see.
JustKate is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

exodus wrote: View Post
Chakotay & Seven are like Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher.
You know they're together but you're not exactly sure why.
Meh, Demi fell for Ashton because he's young and gorgeous, and Ashton fell for Demi probably because she was his pubertal fantasy.

But why would Seven fall for a guy with a probable secret crush on his captan, who likely had a latent girlcrush on her?
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Zameaze
Commodore
 
Zameaze's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

I'm with you, Mach5, I think Harry would have appreciated Seven. Chakotay would have been touching up his face-art and splashing on rain forest scented cologne in anticipation of impressing her with how 'savage' a Maquis really could be.
Zameaze is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 07:25 PM   #6
JustKate
Rear Admiral
 
JustKate's Avatar
 
Location: Indiana, USA
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

^ Wow, that's three "Harry and Seven" advocates, which is pretty amazing to me. Until Mach started this thread, I thought I might be the only one.
JustKate is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 08:32 PM   #7
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mach5 wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Chakotay & Seven are like Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher.
You know they're together but you're not exactly sure why.
Meh, Demi fell for Ashton because he's young and gorgeous, and Ashton fell for Demi probably because she was his pubertal fantasy.

But why would Seven fall for a guy with a probable secret crush on his captan, who likely had a latent girlcrush on her?
Rank.

As a Borg, Seven was made to respect a chain of authority.
Chakotay is First Officer, thus the Alpha Male on Voyager.
His rank to Seven would give him appeal.

Mach 5, Ashton is young and gorgeous? I was thinking more like doofy & talentless. Demi has the money, being an actress/producer. He just riding her coat tails. Can you say: Male J-Lo?
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 09:06 PM   #8
kimc
Coffee Mod
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

JustKate wrote: View Post
^ Wow, that's three "Harry and Seven" advocates, which is pretty amazing to me. Until Mach started this thread, I thought I might be the only one.
Make that four.

Of course this is assuming you believe that Seven is ready for an intimate relationship by the end of the series which I don't. However, I can see she and Harry gradually getting closer after the return to earth. He was always patient with her and saw her as a person before just about anyone else did.

He would probably also make a good sounding board for Seven after she discovers Chakotay got with the captain before Voyager hit spacedock and...

... wait, I keep forgetting that part never got filmed. All that J/C fanfiction!
__________________
I'm certainly less inclined to bash Voyager now, it is not nearly as bad a show as many people make it out to be. - TheGodBen

Avatar by B'Elanna.
kimc is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 09:22 PM   #9
Mareika
Captain
 
Mareika's Avatar
 
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Seven and Harry? No way. What should Seven do with a guy like Harry? I think he`s boring and he isn`t good looking.
I think Seven and Chakotay are very good looking and sexy together.
I`m a J/Cer, but I also I like 7/C.
Mareika is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 09:34 PM   #10
kimc
Coffee Mod
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mareika wrote: View Post
What should Seven do with a guy like Harry?
Gee do you need a list?
__________________
I'm certainly less inclined to bash Voyager now, it is not nearly as bad a show as many people make it out to be. - TheGodBen

Avatar by B'Elanna.
kimc is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Mach5
Rear Admiral
 
Mach5's Avatar
 
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mareika wrote: View Post
Seven and Harry? No way. What should Seven do with a guy like Harry? I think he`s boring and he isn`t good looking.
People Magazine sure doesn't agree with you.
__________________
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
― Bertrand Russell
Mach5 is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 09:44 PM   #12
JustKate
Rear Admiral
 
JustKate's Avatar
 
Location: Indiana, USA
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Harry and Seven are both in most ways such innocents - I think they would be kind of sweet together. Seven is emotionally so young...she really needs more of a boy-girl romance, not a full-fledged adult affair, to help her grow up. And Harry could give that to her. Even in love - heck, especially in love - you need to walk before you can run.

And I think he's cute. He's a cute boy. And yes, Chakotay is drop-dead gorgeous (and Seven is double-drop-dead gorgeous, of course), but that for me wasn't enough to make them "sexy" together. I found them awkward together. It's not the actors' fault - it's the fault of bad writing and an inadequate build-up.

Last edited by JustKate; June 11 2009 at 10:35 PM.
JustKate is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 09:51 PM   #13
Vulcan Princess
Rear Admiral
 
Vulcan Princess's Avatar
 
Location: Vulcan Princess is in the Badlands
View Vulcan Princess's Twitter Profile
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

kimc wrote: View Post
JustKate wrote: View Post
^ Wow, that's three "Harry and Seven" advocates, which is pretty amazing to me. Until Mach started this thread, I thought I might be the only one.
Make that four.
Four and a half.

I'm mainly a Seven/Doctor 'shipper, but I could see her with Harry as well.
__________________
"Geniuses are like thunderstorms. They go against the wind, terrify people, cleanse the air." ~ Søren Kierkegaard
Vulcan Princess is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 09:56 PM   #14
exodus
Fleet Admiral
 
Location: The Digital Garden
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

Mareika wrote: View Post
Seven and Harry? No way. What should Seven do with a guy like Harry? I think he`s boring and he isn`t good looking.
I think Seven and Chakotay are very good looking and sexy together.
I`m a J/Cer, but I also I like 7/C.
I do think Harry was to passive for a woman like Seven.
__________________
A Tiger doesn't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.
exodus is offline  
Old June 11 2009, 10:10 PM   #15
kimc
Coffee Mod
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Re: Opinions on Chakotay & Seven

exodus wrote: View Post
Mareika wrote: View Post
Seven and Harry? No way. What should Seven do with a guy like Harry? I think he`s boring and he isn`t good looking.
I think Seven and Chakotay are very good looking and sexy together.
I`m a J/Cer, but I also I like 7/C.
I do think Harry was to passive for a woman like Seven.
On the contrary he was often the only one who had the backbone to stand up to her. One example is when she was giving everyone designations in "Omega Directive". Everyone else went along with it but Harry basically told her she was nuts.
__________________
I'm certainly less inclined to bash Voyager now, it is not nearly as bad a show as many people make it out to be. - TheGodBen

Avatar by B'Elanna.
kimc is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
chakotay, romance, seven of nine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.