MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 8 2009, 09:39 PM   #706
AdmiralSteven
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Welcome new Voyager fans!

I forgot to pop in and introduce myself when I first came aboard, sorry, but I'm here now. So, hey everyone.
Old June 8 2009, 10:40 PM   #707
kimc
Coffee Mod

Welcome.

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 10:50 PM   #708
es!
Commander

Hey AdmiralSteven!

es! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2009, 11:29 PM   #709
andersonh1
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi all,

I'm a relatively new Voyager fan. It was very much the opposite when the show was first airing. I watched the first two seasons and really did not like the show. Didn't like most of the characters, and wasn't impressed with the reset plots. I gave up on the series somewhere in the third season, only occasionally dipping back in to see what was happening. But apart from the occasional 4th season episode, Unimatrix 1 and 2 and the series finale, I had never seen most or all of the 4th through 7th seasons.

I recently decided to give the show another chance, since I was wanting to watch some new Trek while waiting for the movie to come out in theaters. So I got season 4 on DVD, and enjoyed it quite a bit more than I expected. After that I went back and got the remaining seasons, generally in order, and watched the entire series from start to finish. It has its weaknesses, but it's far better than I remembered, and I often like it more than TNG. Season 7 in particular addresses many of my complaints about earlier seasons and lack of continuity/consequences.

So I'm a new fan... disliked the show when it was on the air, but have become a fan after watching Voyager on DVD.
andersonh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2009, 01:51 PM   #710
JayTheTrekkie
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to JayTheTrekkie

Good to see you have given Voyager a 2nd chance and now you liked Voyager. Welcome new Voyager fan!
JayTheTrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11 2009, 04:31 PM   #711
kimc
Coffee Mod

andersonh1 wrote: View Post
So I'm a new fan... disliked the show when it was on the air, but have become a fan after watching Voyager on DVD.
Welcome.

I think in some ways Voyager was ahead of its time. At least, that seems to be the impression from those who become fans after giving the series another shot years later...

Old June 13 2009, 05:23 AM   #712
andersonh1
Lieutenant Junior Grade

JayTheTrekkie wrote: View Post
Good to see you have given Voyager a 2nd chance and now you liked Voyager. Welcome new Voyager fan!
Thanks!

kimc wrote: View Post
andersonh1 wrote: View Post
Welcome.

I think in some ways Voyager was ahead of its time. At least, that seems to be the impression from those who become fans after giving the series another shot years later...
I think too that it helps that some time has gone by since Star Trek has been on the air. It may well be that at the time, having seen 7 seasons of TNG and 2 DS9, that I was hitting the saturation point with Trek. I know when watching Voyager through this time around I still noticed the same things that I originally disliked, but I wasn't bothered nearly as much.
andersonh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2009, 09:01 PM   #713
Pemmer Harge
Fleet Captain

Hello, I'm Pemmer Harge (rem ir Tibe). Voyager's not my favourite Trek, but I watch it sometimes and I love the theme tune and opening titles.
Pemmer Harge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20 2009, 02:43 AM   #714
Jeri
Vice Admiral

Hi, Pemmer Harge; nice LeGuin reference.
Old June 20 2009, 03:04 AM   #715
kimc
Coffee Mod

Pemmer Harge wrote: View Post
Hello, I'm Pemmer Harge (rem ir Tibe). Voyager's not my favourite Trek, but I watch it sometimes and I love the theme tune and opening titles.
Welcome.

Old June 21 2009, 11:02 PM   #716
Mr.Borg
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi..I am Mr.Borg...a new member here. My interests are..borg, startrek, and games related to star trek. Anyways..for Voyager..I loved all the 8472 and Borg stuff but there were a lot of flaws...
Mr.Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2009, 12:25 AM   #717
kimc
Coffee Mod

Welcome Mr. Borg.

Never thought I'd ever be saying that...

Old June 22 2009, 10:47 AM   #718
DalekJim
Fleet Captain

Always been a fan of TOS and to a lesser extent DS9, can't get into TNG at all and find it to be a crushing bore.

Over the past week I've just been sitting here ill and watching Voyager, I completly adore it. I've now stopped watching random repeats on the TV and began my marathon from the beginning with the first season being near completion.

I generally like all of the characters with Janeway and The Doctor standing out as brilliantly acted. In fact I think at this rate Janeway will overtake McCoy as my fave character in the whole of Trek.

Never knew untill checking out forums and the like that this series had such hate? Everybody I've known in real life has enjoyed it and preferred it over DS9 oddly.
DalekJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22 2009, 12:25 PM   #719
Frazzled
Commander

Hello DalekJim! Interesting point you make there, everyone I meet in real life prefers Voyager to DS9 too, I wasn't aware that it was possible to be the other way round til I started reading here haha. Each to their own I guess!
Old June 22 2009, 04:11 PM   #720
kimc
Coffee Mod

Frazzled wrote: View Post
Hello DalekJim! Interesting point you make there, everyone I meet in real life prefers Voyager to DS9 too, I wasn't aware that it was possible to be the other way round til I started reading here haha. Each to their own I guess!
I agree it's an interesting point. I guess the casual fan had a hard time getting into the story arc. Oh, and welcome.