Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old June 9 2009, 08:01 AM   #121
Redfern
Commodore

Re: Star Trek: TITAN: Animated Series

Actually, I'm reminded of "Experiment 626" (aka "Stitch").

I'd love to see your interpretation of a Caitian (preferably female ). Not suggesting she'd be shoehorned into your narrative. Simply that I like your style and it'd be fascinating to see your spin on the species.

Sincerely,

Bill

Freighter Tails: the Misadventures of Mzzkiti
Redfern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 09:34 AM   #122
Geoff Thorne
Fleet Captain

View Geoff Thorne's Twitter Profile

Redfern wrote: View Post
Actually, I'm reminded of "Experiment 626" (aka "Stitch").

I'd love to see your interpretation of a Caitian (preferably female ). Not suggesting she'd be shoehorned into your narrative. Simply that I like your style and it'd be fascinating to see your spin on the species.

Sincerely,

Bill
Hsuuri is definitely coming up. I like Caitians too.

Starfleet is not a military organization. Its purpose is exploration. - Jean-Luc Picard
Geoff Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 02:58 PM   #123
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Cool new Arts
Old June 9 2009, 03:55 PM   #124
fleetcaptain
Fleet Captain

View fleetcaptain's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to fleetcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to fleetcaptain

I have to agree with you Geoff, Pava does need more screentime. I know she had some in the Starfleet Academy comic series but should have more in Titan as well.

I honestly don't think Titan is more about the Troi's. I believe its centered around the whole crew.
fleetcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 04:13 PM   #125
Rattrap
Commander

Considering that Dr. Hullen is as close to Stitch as the House of Mouse will let them get away with, that isn't surprising. Nice job of keeping the obvious touches while making him an original character.

When do we get Alyssa? I've met Patty, and she's even prettier in person, if that's possible.
Old June 9 2009, 04:31 PM   #126
Titan Designer
Fleet Captain

View Titan Designer's Twitter Profile

Geoff Thorne wrote: View Post
Titan Designer wrote: View Post

Dr. Huilan

Almost a little too cute. Nice though.
Ever see CRITTERS or GREMLINS?

Also, how do you draw Stitch without drawing him?

Yep some of the coolest creature movies of the 80's
Titan Designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 07:25 PM   #127
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Hey,

I've been considering drawing Zurin Dakal for several months now (yeah...well before I saw this thread!), but I'm actually thinking that now I'll actually pick up a pencil and do it.

Since you're the one that I think most brought Dakal to life (though I also give some credit to M & M as well), I was wanting to get a bit of an idea of how you envision him. How would you describe his height and general build? And I think I missed it--but do we know what color his eyes are? Any particularly prominent facial features (minus the obvious ridges) that I should know about?

I definitely have an image of him in my head--but I would like to be true to the character.

Oddly enough...I have no luck whenever I try cartoon/animated styles. Ever. The only work I'm ever happy with tends to be more realistic in nature, so any vital stats would be helpful.
Old June 9 2009, 08:17 PM   #128
Geoff Thorne
Fleet Captain

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Hey,

I've been considering drawing Zurin Dakal for several months now (yeah...well before I saw this thread!), but I'm actually thinking that now I'll actually pick up a pencil and do it.

Since you're the one that I think most brought Dakal to life (though I also give some credit to M & M as well), I was wanting to get a bit of an idea of how you envision him. How would you describe his height and general build? And I think I missed it--but do we know what color his eyes are? Any particularly prominent facial features (minus the obvious ridges) that I should know about?

I definitely have an image of him in my head--but I would like to be true to the character.

Oddly enough...I have no luck whenever I try cartoon/animated styles. Ever. The only work I'm ever happy with tends to be more realistic in nature, so any vital stats would be helpful.
I know everybody hates Wesley Crusher (although I don't and never did) but I see Dakal in sort of that vein. Slender, for a Cardassian, average height, studious demeanor. I see him with big thoughtful eyes that are more expressive than average and I think he feels things very deeply even when he doesn't always express them.

Starfleet is not a military organization. Its purpose is exploration. - Jean-Luc Picard
Old June 9 2009, 09:14 PM   #129
Titan Designer
Fleet Captain

View Titan Designer's Twitter Profile

I know everybody hates Wesley Crusher (although I don't and never did) but I see Dakal in sort of that vein. .
Well you can always ad Mr Crusher, since for the Tour Exhibit he was part of the Engineering staff.
Titan Designer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9 2009, 09:36 PM   #130
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Very cool...should have a WIP posted tonight.
Old June 10 2009, 12:07 AM   #131
Count Zero
Decidedly something

Dr. Huilan
Awwww, he's cute.
Count Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10 2009, 06:18 AM   #132
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

OK...current WIP on Zurin Dakal.

Based on what you know of him...do you feel like the proportions of the body need to change? I kinda like the face, though, so I'm hoping that doesn't need drastic changes...

Oh, and I modified the uniform. Unlike the TNG jumpsuit, I looked at the current uniform and thought it looked rather...constricting for a Cardassian! So, I made a few adjustments.

Old June 10 2009, 06:33 AM   #133
Geoff Thorne
Fleet Captain

Works for me. Keep going.

Old June 10 2009, 06:41 AM   #134
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Cool...I'll work on it as I find time.
Old June 11 2009, 06:35 AM   #135
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Well...I found time.

I'm afraid my work does not measure up on the technical side at all to yours (me + drawing hands especially = bad), but I still hope that in some way this will capture the wonderful character you detailed for us.

This is for you, Mr. Thorne!