Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 8 2009, 09:01 PM   #31
Harvey
Admiral

Re: Farscape Question

Were the effects prepared in HD, though? That's the real issue. Transfering from 35mm to HD isn't cheap, but since 35mm has many times the level of detail as HD, it's not the problem. The problem is the resolution the visual effects were prepared in.

The same exists for TNG--it was shot on 35mm throughout the entire run, but the effects were produced on video and the episodes were mastered on video. So even if they returned to the original elements, the effects would still be at NTSC resolution.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2009, 09:01 PM   #32
lvsxy808
Rear Admiral

Re: Farscape Question

Trubinator wrote: View Post
lvsxy808 wrote: View Post
As Mirrorball pointed out, this question was cleared up right at the very beginning, in the very same episode the situation was introduced. So, not to be rude or anything, but frankly you just weren't paying attention.
I grasp what the guy said. I just had a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept until another poster mentioned cellular mitosis ... then it clicked.
Yeah, sorry if I came off harsh. I just think that it's vital to understand that the two Crichtons are exactly the same, equal in every way. You have to know that either thing could have happened to either one of them, that it is a real Crichton that dies, but that a real Crichton is left behind too, for the drama to work as effectively as it does.

Another thing I love about the whole thing is that it is reflected right there in the opening credits from the beginning of the third season, even though the twinning doesn't happen till the sixth episode. In the credits voiceover, there are two parallel Crichtons delivering parallel descriptions of his life - one focused on his love and his friends, the other focused on the science of wormholes. Aeryn vs Earth, his twin obsessions, right there in plain sight from the start. Crichton is the Dog With Two Bones throughout the season.

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Talyn's demise might be the best death scene I've ever watched.
How insane is it that you can say such a thing - not that I disagree, because I absolutely agree - about a character who never says a word, but is portrayed exclusively by sets and lighting rigs?

It is amazing how Farscape managed to make us feel for those two characters - Moya and Talyn - is if they were as real as any other. Hell, forget Pilot and Rygel - Moya had more character development that some characters on other shows.

Read Deep Space Nine, Season 10
All 22 eps available to read on-screen or download and keep!
lvsxy808 is offline   Reply With Quote