Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old May 28 2009, 07:12 PM   #31
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

Re: STXI DVD/Blu-ray special features wishlist

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
I would love to have 1960s archival 16mm film interviews of Gene Roddenberry (telecined to HD) and cut in with JJ Abrams talking about his original vision for the Star Trek universe

interviews were taped just prior to Star Trek's NBC premiere in September 1966 on the set of the episode TOS "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"
these clips are historic moments with the 2 main stars of The Original Series discussing a show that has yet to be seen by the public.
http://startrekpropauthority.blogspo...h-william.html
Even though this was television and probably live to tape things like these are gems for Trek fans and should be added.
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 07:28 PM   #32
Cdr MacDuff
Lieutenant Commander

Maybe they could show a clip of all the training and hand exercises Chris Pine went through for all the "dangling from a cliff by the fingertips" scenes he had to shoot.
Cdr MacDuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 07:31 PM   #33
smegger56
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I'd love to see an 'extended cut' of the film, with all the deleted scenes restored, and new effects added where needed. Just like what happened with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'd pay double for that
Old May 29 2009, 10:39 PM   #34
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

STXI DVD/Blu-ray special features wishlist

Yes I would like to see the casting tapes of
Chris Pine
Zachary Quinto
Eric Bana
Bruce Greenwood
Karl Urban
John Cho
Anton Yelchin
Simon Pegg
Zoe Saldana
Yes I bet they even shot Simon Pegg's casting session like all actors...
At the very least Pine, Quinto, Bana.

JJ Abrams can hold his own in a commentary track. He did a great one on Alias season 1 pilot. I'd like an audio commentary just with him.
Perhaps we can get 3 audio commentaries by 2010 if Paramount Homet Entertainment are holding off on the first 2-disc edition?
Old June 1 2009, 03:58 AM   #35
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

special features on SCE and series

jefferiestubes8 wrote: View Post
"ST:Nemesis" came out in December 2002 and since then feature-length documentaries of making-of the films have become pretty regular on DVD 2-disc editions.
When I wrote that a month ago I hadn't seen the Trek Special Collector Editions starting with Generations in 1993-94 when Paramount had a lot of behind-the-scenes shot on the set for promotional & features on Laserdiscs/DVD releases.

I've seen the Generations SCE, First Contact SCE, Insurrection SCE, and Nemesis SCE, and STII:TWOK SCE and they've done great jobs with them with the exception of STII due to lack of behind-the-scenes footage and the bad production quality on the interviews on the special features.
I can say after viewing Nemesis SCE that the behind the scenes in 2002 on exteriors with the 'dune buggy' look like they were shot on analog Betacam SP video format which was still pretty popular then as a video format. Some of the other interviews and footage look like it were shot on Digital Betacam in 16:9 widescreen.
I've added a bunch of the final discs from Netflix now for Deep Space 9 and Voyager to see the special features as well as STV:TFF, STIV:TVH, STIII:TSFS, and the last disc from all 7 season of TNG.

The Paramount/CBS DVD style has been to have separate feature sections instead of a 1-hour documentary but some movie DVDs have chosen to breakup the documentaries into a number of parts anyway.

As far as the quality all of the behind-the-scenes on ST:XI should be high definition and have that immediacy that HD can give. Their costumes should really show the detail in the fabric's texture in HD during on-set interviews.
Hopefully the deleted scenes won't have the producers's name on them as the producers VHS tape of the deleted scenes like Nemesis SCE but be in HD.
Old June 1 2009, 05:13 AM   #36
ed629
Rear Admiral

McCoy walking in on Kirk and Spock fingercuffing Uhura?
ed629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2009, 05:21 AM   #37
Dream
Admiral

I want an outtake with Zachary Quinto randomly turning from Spock to Sylar.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2009, 12:29 PM   #38
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

menu designs

2 menu designs like the SCE of the films.

1 disc the Kelvin bridge in CG
1 disc Starfleet Academy's transport ship loading area in CG
Old June 6 2009, 08:03 PM   #39
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Put me down for an 'animated comic book' of the Countdown series. I think its really truly needed or a mini version of the comic books in a special retailer exclusive package or something. But I would love to see even a limited motion comic with TNG voice actors playing their parts. A good way to tie in both series.

Plus I would definately like to see some of the early concept art work and other designs that didn't make it into the film... and maybe a good indepth look at the main sets. Like a good walk around the bridge, with like JJ pointing things out.
Old June 6 2009, 10:00 PM   #40
Bigedmond
Ensign

The main feature i want for the blue ray is what Disney does for there blue-ray. 1 disk with the movie in blue-ray, 1 regular dvd with the movie and 1 blue-ray disk with special features.

That way, you can buy the blue-ray version and watch on a regular dvd player. Great for those that havent bought a blue-ray player yet, but plan too.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 05:16 AM   #41
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

YES! I definately want that too. I mean, c'mon its just another disk in the package! Plus then it allows them to sell both the BluRay and regular DVD using ONE SKU/UPC instead of having multiples or confusing customers plus I would actually almost be more tempted to look for a cheap bluray player if I already had a nice selection of BluRay disks around y'know?
Old June 7 2009, 05:21 AM   #42
cybersoldier
Commander

motion comic of countdown, like the watchman motion comic dvd
cybersoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2009, 12:32 AM   #43
Bigedmond
Ensign

NickRyder wrote: View Post
YES! I definately want that too. I mean, c'mon its just another disk in the package! Plus then it allows them to sell both the BluRay and regular DVD using ONE SKU/UPC instead of having multiples or confusing customers plus I would actually almost be more tempted to look for a cheap bluray player if I already had a nice selection of BluRay disks around y'know?
They will sell more blue ray disks. For those that want to future proof themselves.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2009, 02:46 AM   #44
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

The entire Blue Warp Nacelles? thread, from this very board. Ideally, voice acted by the cast.

A special Sombrero mode, in which one can view the film with the entire cast wearing sombreros.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2009, 05:31 AM   #45
Freman
Fleet Captain

Unfortunately, the Okudas will NOT be doing a text commentary for the new movie's DVD release.