RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,392
Posts: 5,505,339
Members: 25,129
Currently online: 452
Newest member: oorang

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies I-X

Star Trek Movies I-X Discuss the first ten big screen outings in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 4 2009, 06:19 PM   #46
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

you aren't correct.

I was lonely was Sinzon after beaming Picard to his ship in Nemesis.

"It's never been proven that their intelligence is any..."
__________________
See, the problem is that you are using your cards to show me what cards you have, and if you can't see that this is viciously circular, then there is no point in continuing
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 07:00 PM   #47
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral
 
Dimesdan's Avatar
 
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Tuln wrote: View Post
you aren't correct.

I was lonely was Sinzon after beaming Picard to his ship in Nemesis.

"It's never been proven that their intelligence is any..."
Fair enough, I was wrong, right film though, but was Gillian Taylor(?) and her boss after Spock goes swimming with the whales and the quote can be attributed to Bob.

Anyway, I'll try again:

Nobody's perfect
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 08:38 PM   #48
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

yes it is Bob!

I think it's Bones to Spock in 4 about making guesses.

"Phasers down!"
__________________
See, the problem is that you are using your cards to show me what cards you have, and if you can't see that this is viciously circular, then there is no point in continuing
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 11:07 PM   #49
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral
 
Dimesdan's Avatar
 
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Tuln wrote: View Post
yes it is Bob!

I think it's Bones to Spock in 4 about making guesses.

"Phasers down!"
Sorry but it's my turn to tell you you're incorrect. (Although you may be, but it really isn't when I am meaning)

So again.

Nobody's perfect
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 02:38 AM   #50
thedude
Lieutenant Commander
 
thedude's Avatar
 
Location: Central Illinois
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Tuln wrote: View Post
yes it is Bob!

I think it's Bones to Spock in 4 about making guesses.

"Phasers down!"
Sorry but it's my turn to tell you you're incorrect. (Although you may be, but it really isn't when I am meaning)

So again.

Nobody's perfect
Technically, he is right. That was bones to spock in 4. It was also spock to Saavik in 2... although in TWOK the line was "Nobody's perfect, Saavik." And in 4 McCoy prefaced the line w/a trademark "Well..." nothing like a DeForrest pause :-)
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 02:56 AM   #51
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

yeah!


j/k
__________________
See, the problem is that you are using your cards to show me what cards you have, and if you can't see that this is viciously circular, then there is no point in continuing
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 03:29 AM   #52
thedude
Lieutenant Commander
 
thedude's Avatar
 
Location: Central Illinois
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Tuln you got it buddy, you're up - you got it first. Just playing Quote Cop :-)
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 03:35 AM   #53
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey



"Phasers down!"
__________________
See, the problem is that you are using your cards to show me what cards you have, and if you can't see that this is viciously circular, then there is no point in continuing
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 03:56 AM   #54
thedude
Lieutenant Commander
 
thedude's Avatar
 
Location: Central Illinois
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Tuln wrote: View Post


"Phasers down!"
One of the Genesis scientists to Kirk and party in TWOK.

"It was a... It was a violation."
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 05:40 AM   #55
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Troi regarding the viceroy's mental attack in NEM.

"That's what he wanted..."
__________________
See, the problem is that you are using your cards to show me what cards you have, and if you can't see that this is viciously circular, then there is no point in continuing
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 11:46 AM   #56
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral
 
Dimesdan's Avatar
 
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

thedude wrote: View Post
Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Tuln wrote: View Post
yes it is Bob!

I think it's Bones to Spock in 4 about making guesses.

"Phasers down!"
Sorry but it's my turn to tell you you're incorrect. (Although you may be, but it really isn't when I am meaning)

So again.

Nobody's perfect
Technically, he is right. That was bones to spock in 4. It was also spock to Saavik in 2... although in TWOK the line was "Nobody's perfect, Saavik." And in 4 McCoy prefaced the line w/a trademark "Well..." nothing like a DeForrest pause :-)
There's no technically about it, theoretically he may be right as it is said in Voyage Home aswell as when I was meaning it in Wrath of Kahn, so as you said it, technically you are right.

Also, if he can be allowed to have a wrong quote and stump people, more ambiguous quotes can be allowed as well.
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 08:23 PM   #57
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral
 
Flying Spaghetti Monster's Avatar
 
Location: Flying Spaghetti Western
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

I stand by my quote from the new film as being correct. Of course I've only seen it twice
__________________
See, the problem is that you are using your cards to show me what cards you have, and if you can't see that this is viciously circular, then there is no point in continuing
Flying Spaghetti Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2009, 10:07 PM   #58
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral
 
Dimesdan's Avatar
 
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Tuln wrote: View Post
I stand by my quote from the new film as being correct. Of course I've only seen it twice
As is your right, but it is wrong, the complete quote in context is thus:

Uhura: Who is he?

Gaila: Who's who?

Uhura: The Mouth breather hiding under your bed.

Now as I said earlier up thread, asking who the breather was is a rather silly question to actually ask.

So anyway, thedude, whats your quote as you got my last one correct.
Dimesdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6 2009, 04:38 PM   #59
thedude
Lieutenant Commander
 
thedude's Avatar
 
Location: Central Illinois
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Dimesdan wrote: View Post
Tuln wrote: View Post
I stand by my quote from the new film as being correct. Of course I've only seen it twice
As is your right, but it is wrong, the complete quote in context is thus:

Uhura: Who is he?

Gaila: Who's who?

Uhura: The Mouth breather hiding under your bed.

Now as I said earlier up thread, asking who the breather was is a rather silly question to actually ask.

So anyway, thedude, whats your quote as you got my last one correct.
Asked and answered above! :-)
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11 2009, 06:23 AM   #60
Gorn Captain
Commander
 
Gorn Captain's Avatar
 
Location: Northfield, Vermont
Re: The Movie Quote Game continues its journey

Tuln wrote: View Post
Troi regarding the viceroy's mental attack in NEM.

"That's what he wanted..."
The commandant of Rura Penthe, STVI.



"Then why aren't you aboard?"
Gorn Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.