Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old June 1 2009, 01:15 AM   #151
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Fitness Checkin

Old June 2 2009, 11:27 PM   #152
TJinLOCA
Rear Admiral

Finished up my week of antibiotics, and am feeling much better. Now I have no excuse not to get back to the gym! ...tomorrow.
Old June 3 2009, 12:35 AM   #153
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

I've been getting a lot of jogging done these days. Now that its warmer in the evenings, I go on long bouts around the neighborhood. I feel great afterward, I just haven't gotten in to the habit of doing it on a regular basis. Oh well.
Old June 3 2009, 11:02 AM   #154
RoJoHen
Awesome

RAMA, your gym looks kind of awesome. Mine is definitely lacking some equipment.
Old June 4 2009, 02:59 PM   #155
RAMA
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
RAMA, your gym looks kind of awesome. Mine is definitely lacking some equipment.
Its def old school. Hardcore gym. My partner and I are actually prob going to join a new one that's larger and renovated tomorrow.

RAMA
Old June 4 2009, 03:13 PM   #156
RoJoHen
Awesome

RAMA wrote: View Post
RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Its def old school. Hardcore gym. My partner and I are actually prob going to join a new one that's larger and renovated tomorrow.

RAMA
Unfortunately, I chose convenience (open 24-hours) for my gym over overall quality. It's all right, but I wish it was bigger. I have to improvise a lot of workouts.
Old June 5 2009, 07:17 AM   #157
RoJoHen
Awesome

After about 2 weeks of mediocre to crappy workouts and rainy weather on my days off, I finally had a day with lots of sunshine and no job! I went for a 10-mile bike ride along the Mississippi. My plan to bike according to the wind completely failed because halfway through my ride, the wind randomly started blowing in the opposite direction!

It was tiring.

Then I took a nap, played The Sims 3 for 5 hours longer than I had intended (whoops), and went to the gym to lift.

I typed up a spreadsheet with a new routine on it that I am going to start taking with me. I made so much progress when I did that about 2 years ago, but then I just kinda stopped. It helps to see what you lifted the week before so you can set a real, material goal instead of just guessing.

Also, my personal trainer exam is 6 days away!
Old June 16 2009, 02:26 AM   #158
Tim
Vice Admiral

Well, I got roped into managing our department's slow-pitch softball team and we had our first game today. It was a bit rough, but I'm sure we'll be better next time. I went 1-4 and ended a probably-too-late rally with a boneheaded base-running mistake. Ugh.
Old June 18 2009, 04:09 AM   #159
Tim
Vice Admiral

Tim wrote: View Post
Well, I got roped into managing our department's slow-pitch softball team and we had our first game today. It was a bit rough, but I'm sure we'll be better next time. I went 1-4 and ended a probably-too-late rally with a boneheaded base-running mistake. Ugh.
Well, we lost again today, but our lineup is doing a better job stringing together hits and I'm feeling more comfortable managing. Some of our better players will be back in about a week, so things should pick up them. I only batted once before taking myself out so that I could focus on managing, going 1-1 and pushing my average to .400.
Old June 18 2009, 08:03 AM   #160
TJinLOCA
Rear Admiral

Good job, Tim. I miss playing softball. I haven't played on a team since we lived in New Mexico, 12 years ago. I haven't found any compatible adult leagues around here.

Well, the first round of antibiotics didn't do it ... I had a follow-on infection that required two different medications to get rid of. I'm almost through with the second round of antibiotics and I'm finally feeling OK enough that I made it back to the gym today. I didn't do too badly for having all that time off, actually. I feel good about getting back into some serious shape, now!
Old June 18 2009, 09:36 PM   #161
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Just had a physical - nothing wrong with me! W00t!

Everybody should have one. Heck, it should be a requirement by law. I don't care how healthy you think you are. I don't care if you've never shown symptoms of anything at all since the day you were born. If any of you haven't had a physical in awhile, GET ONE. Do it right now.

I just had one, and I passed. So I'm healthy. I thank God for that. And so should y'all (or whichever higher power you choose to believe in). If your insurance covers this, and it should, then get it. If there's anything even remotely out of the ordinary, then you can get it taken care of quick.

And once you do, be thankful for your health.

(My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago, but this happened during a routine physical anyway. So they got it all out before it had the chance to harm him. If you all have physicals, you can have this kind of peace of mind as well.)
Old June 18 2009, 09:48 PM   #162
RoJoHen
Awesome

I need to find a doctor before I can get a physical. I finally got insurance a couple months ago, but before that I was uninsured for 2 years.
Old June 18 2009, 09:53 PM   #163
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ How do you get your insurance? Through work, or some other way? In any case they should have a list of providers for you.
Old June 18 2009, 10:15 PM   #164
RoJoHen
Awesome

I just went through Blue Cross Blue Shield and bought an insurance plan. I know I can find a doctor. It's just a matter of doing it.

However, Illinois laws have changed recently, so I will going back on my mom's insurance next month. Since so many college graduates can't afford insurance, Illinois decided that they can now remain on their parent's insurance until they are 26, whether or not they are still in school. As I just turned 24 a couple months ago, going back on my mom's makes more sense than paying for my own.
Old June 20 2009, 02:30 AM   #165
Tim
Vice Admiral

TJinLOCA wrote: View Post
Good job, Tim.
Unfortunately my fielding needs some work, but my hitting is improved over last year. Went 1-2 today, so I'm up to .429, which is still pretty low for slow-pitch softball.