Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old June 4 2009, 01:14 AM   #541
Ancient Mariner
Rear Admiral

View Ancient Mariner's Twitter Profile
Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I've been a TNG fan right from the very start of the series. I grew up on the OS films and was primed for a new vision of Trek when "Encounter At Farpoint" finally aired. TOS has fantastic characters and ideas and I'm discovering that there's quite a bit to admire about DS9. But TNG is absolutely my favorite.

If anyone's interested in episode-by-episode reviews of TNG, please check out my site. I'd definitely appreciate any feedback!
Old June 4 2009, 02:32 AM   #542
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome bouttime

"Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."-->DW: TDIOE
TS-1838-SWATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2009, 02:32 AM   #543
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome arasam22

"Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."-->DW: TDIOE
Old June 4 2009, 02:43 AM   #544
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome thedude

Old June 4 2009, 02:50 AM   #545
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome randy

Old June 4 2009, 02:54 AM   #546
TS-1838-SWATH
Commander

Welcome Samuel Walters

Old June 4 2009, 05:36 AM   #547
thedude
Lieutenant Commander

Samuel Walters wrote: View Post
I've been a TNG fan right from the very start of the series. I grew up on the OS films and was primed for a new vision of Trek when "Encounter At Farpoint" finally aired. TOS has fantastic characters and ideas and I'm discovering that there's quite a bit to admire about DS9. But TNG is absolutely my favorite.

If anyone's interested in episode-by-episode reviews of TNG, please check out my site. I'd definitely appreciate any feedback!
Awesome website man, I bookmarked it. I'm just started to re-watch TNG again so I'll be reading your reviews as I finish episodes... very well done.
thedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7 2009, 03:00 PM   #548
Tom Riley
Commodore

View Tom Riley's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Tom Riley Send a message via Yahoo to Tom Riley

I'm a student from the New England area, I'm turning 20 in about a month and a half.

I was an infant when TNG first aired but both my parents were big fans so it's been with me for seriously like my entire life.

I like pretty much every episode of TNG but I tend to have a preference for the more, I suppose, "cerebral" episodes such as Timescape or The Next Phase to the simpler episodes like Code Of Honor.

As for characters, I liked Data the best, with Picard pulling in second there. I liked the whole Data/Geordi friendship too. I especially liked what they showed for the two of them in The Next Phase, with Data thinking Geordi was dead and all, how he reacted and the things he said about him.
Tom Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2009, 02:14 PM   #549
byron lomax
Commander

Hello there. I've been a TNG fan for almost as long as I can remember. I've seen almost every episode several times over, and most of my family are fans as well. I like nearly all of the main cast, but Data has always been a favourite, and so is Picard. I still think it stands as one of the best science fiction series ever, for all its faults, and the best episodes of TNG are among the best episodes of any TV, ever.

Most of my family abandoned ST after TNG ended, but, despite not liking some of DS9's first/second season episodes, I stuck with the show because it had promise and I liked the characters. And it grew into another favourite of mine, just a little below TNG.

Voyager, Enterprise? Neither show is bad, far from it, but I have a lot of issues with both, and can pretty much take them or leave them.

I've recently gotten to watch classic 60s Trek and enjoyed it, the stories and characters still hold up remarkably well. I avoided the series for a long time because my first viewing were of the third season, which gave the impression of a camp show like the 60s Batman. Thankfully I was proven wrong.

Pretty disgracefully for someone who calls himself a Star Trek fan, I haven't even seen all of the films yet!!!
byron lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8 2009, 09:54 PM   #550
xman
Commander

Seen them all several times. Season one was rough. I'll get that out of the way. But I loved watching it all the same when it was first on the air. I could see what they were trying to do with the stories and I liked it. Season two Improved vastly and by season three it had found its feet very well. By then I was spending the summer in Toronto and down the pub we had a weekly drinking game. Drink whenever Wharf growls, Data gets interrupted, Picard says, "Engage", that sort of thing. Some weeks were very good for the barman. For the season finale in 1991 we had a Klingon potluck. The gagh (SPICY noodles) was great. That's when I learned how to actually cure hiccups.

Anyhow, Just sayin' hello and looking 'round.

X
Old June 11 2009, 10:13 PM   #551
M.Robison
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via AIM to M.Robison

Hi all! I have been in love with Trek for as long as I can remember, TOS reruns used to come on as I got home from school when I was in 7th and 8th grade. I can still remember seeing the promo commercials about TNG in the 80's. I begged my mother to let me stay up and watch the premier "Encounter at Farpoint", after the episode aired I was in love all over again.

I have DVD sets spanning everything created for Star trek from TNG to DS9 to the movies, and I think TNG gets the most play time.
Old June 11 2009, 10:23 PM   #552
Butters
Captain

Hi

I am TNG fan since about 1990 when the beeb broadcast it.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2009, 04:35 PM   #553
Similitude
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Similitude

I started following TNG right around Unification, but I didn't really watch every week. I got hardcore into TNG after I saw All Good Things in 1994... I would watch the repeats in syndication. And now of course I love it. Because of how the station I watched it on ran syndication I have seen Seasons 3,4 and 5 far more then the others, so I am a bit biased towards these seasons but I have branched out since then.

Favorite Episode of Each Season...

Season 1 - The Neutral Zone
Season 2 - The Measure Of A Man
Season 3 - Yesterday's Enterprise
Season 4 - Future Imperfect
Season 5 - The Inner Light
Season 6 - Chain Of Command (Pt. 1 & 2)
Season 7 - All Good Things
Similitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2009, 08:52 AM   #554
J. Allen
Best Pony™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I've been a TNG fan since "Encounter at Farpoint".
I've been hooked every since.

J.
-=- My Patron Saint is Twilight Sparkle -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2009, 12:41 PM   #555
Zion Ravescene
is doing this now

TNG was not the very moment that got me into Star Trek - that honour still goes to being aware of the pop culture phenomenon as a young child, seeing the movies, and faint memories of reruns of the original series in the 80s.

But TNG was something I did see ever since season 1 was first shown on the Beeb in September 1990, and I've been with it ever since, and I remember getting very excited whenever the Borg or the Klingons dominated an episode.

I still watch the repeats on Virgin 1 whenever I can.

Zion Ravescene is offline   Reply With Quote