The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 2 2009, 03:31 PM   #16
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: Important/Popular Comic Stories Not in TPB

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I thought the Azrael part of the story was "Knightquest: The Crusade" and the Bruce part was "Knightquest: The Search"?
I think you're right. I read the novelization too and I thought it was interesting though I admit I would rather have the "Crusade" portion. I really liked Valley as Batman. But to complete the collection I would like the "Search" too.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2009, 08:49 PM   #17
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

shivkala wrote: View Post
Myasishchev wrote: View Post
Miracleman. Most of Keith Giffen's Justice League run. Iirc his Legion run is also not collected, but I was never a big LoSH guy, so I haven't looked in a while.
Are the legal battles over Miracleman settled now, where they could release TPBs?

As far as Justice League, the Giffen era is being collected in TPB, volume 4 came out in March in hardcover. So the issues through #30 have been collected.

How about that. Took 'em long enough.

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2009, 09:01 PM   #18
ClayinCA
Commodore

Gojirob wrote: View Post
JLA : Incarnations
Yes, please!
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2009, 10:08 PM   #19
byron lomax
Commander

The Grant/Breyfogle Batman run in Detective Comics - very little, or none at all, has been collected. I'm not sure how "important" their run was, but it was well-received at the time and still holds up now (I've begun to collect a few of the issues). They created characters such as Scarface and the Ventriloquist, Anarky, Ratcatcher and others who have endured over the years since.

Similarly, Peter Milligan had a shorter run in Batman and Detective Comics, with one-off stories that could only be described as weird but wonderful. His take on Batman divided opinion but again the reaction from the fans was largely positive. His work deserves to be collected.

It seems like every Batman story is released in TPB nowadays, so I think DC should give these stories a new release - they deserve to be re-discovered.
byron lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2009, 12:43 AM   #20
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

ClayinCA wrote: View Post
Yes, please!
If it helps, Jay and Silent Bob's in Red Bank was the place where I was able to purchase the collected issues in one pack. Dunno if they have any more.
Old June 3 2009, 01:29 AM   #21
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

byron lomax wrote: View Post
It seems like every Batman story is released in TPB nowadays, so I think DC should give these stories a new release - they deserve to be re-discovered.
That is what I noticed too (not just with Batman, but a lot of comic heroes). That was anothe reason I started this thread. Every time a story arc is finished, it's thrown into a TPB and released a few months after the single issues are done.

I wish some attention could go into older works that don't fall into the "Showcase" or "Essential" era.
Old June 3 2009, 02:18 AM   #22
Mr Light
Admiral

I would imagine there's a lot less demand for a 1980s storyline than a 2008/9 story.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2009, 06:40 AM   #23
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
I would imagine there's a lot less demand for a 1980s storyline than a 2008/9 story.
Perhaps, but I'm think the big, major "event" arcs. The 90s were filled with them and I'm surprised that since, seemingly, TPBs are becoming more and more popular, they wouldn't try to milk all of their stuff for what it is worth.
Old June 3 2009, 02:19 PM   #24
Mr Light
Admiral

Any online comic book discussion I read seems to have a lot of hatred for 1990s comic books. T&A, big guns, ridiculous costume revamps, death/ressurection/reboot, etc.

Old June 3 2009, 04:45 PM   #25
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^ It seems no more than the hatred that current comics are getting with the exact same things you point out.
Old June 3 2009, 04:51 PM   #26
Mr Light
Admiral

Well, the big guns went away at least Except for Nick Fury's phallus canon in Secret Invasion

Old June 3 2009, 05:01 PM   #27
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Well, he's Nick Fury. He's allowed to have that.
Old June 3 2009, 05:40 PM   #28
ClayinCA
Commodore

ClayinCA wrote: View Post
Yes, please!
If it helps, Jay and Silent Bob's in Red Bank was the place where I was able to purchase the collected issues in one pack. Dunno if they have any more.
I actually have all those original issues in a long box somewhere, but thanks for the recommendation - I'm only about forty or so minutes from Red Bank. Are you local?
ClayinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2009, 09:43 PM   #29
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Belmar.