New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old May 31 2009, 01:59 AM   #1771
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

I await Hermoid to congratulate Chelsea on their remarkable FA Cup victory. Money talks, bullshit walks.
Old May 31 2009, 03:36 PM   #1772
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Iasius wrote: View Post
Not that too many people will care here, but Werder Bremen won the German Cup (DFB Pokal).
Congratulations. I've had a soft spot for Werder ever since Herzog played there in the early 90s, besides they are green-white which is nice too.

I'm also happy that Nürnberg is winning the promotion play-off and not that asshole club from Cottbus.
Old June 1 2009, 08:00 AM   #1773
Hermiod
Admiral

Garak wrote: View Post
I await Hermoid to congratulate Chelsea on their remarkable FA Cup victory. Money talks, bullshit walks.
What was remarkable about it, Argak ? I'll say one thing, though, Malouda was very unlucky.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2009, 03:36 PM   #1774
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Iasius wrote: View Post
Not that too many people will care here, but Werder Bremen won the German Cup (DFB Pokal).
Lived in Bremen for awhile, so I care. Well done!

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2009, 07:34 PM   #1775
Garak

Hermiod wrote: View Post
What was remarkable about it, Argak ? I'll say one thing, though, Malouda was very unlucky.
I think a victory in any competition with 762 entrants and such a rich history attached to it is remarkable, no?

Then again, Arsenal "fans" might have forgotten what it feels like to win altogether, so I understand why you asked. Sad smiley face
Old June 1 2009, 08:34 PM   #1776
Hermiod
Admiral

I think a victory in any competition with 762 entrants and such a rich history attached to it is remarkable, no?

Then again, Arsenal "fans" might have forgotten what it feels like to win altogether, so I understand why you asked. Sad smiley face
Photo of you inside Stamford Bridge before you comment about Arsenal fans.
Old June 2 2009, 03:22 AM   #1777
Garak

Wouldn't want to make you more jealous than you already are!
Old June 2 2009, 03:36 AM   #1778
Daedalus12
Rear Admiral

BTW Garak what do you think about Carletto making Stamford Bridge his new home? It's really a very strange feeling for me as Carletto has been in Milan for so long. I have to say that after 8 years I feel quite sad that he is gone. He could've brought us 4 champions league titles (2 is good enough for most managers) but of course his teams were always prone to late catastrophic collapses. It's one of the main reason why he only won one scudetto while he was here. The other reason of course is the Moggi era Juve monopolizing all the cheatings in Italy.
"Bennett & Meyer are obviously the Ceti Eels introduced into the collective brain of Trekdom, leading to easy manipulation (TWOK), impaired cognitive functionality (TSFS), drooling (TVH), agonized death (TFF) and extended post-mortem twitching (TUC).
Daedalus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2009, 07:22 AM   #1779
Hermiod
Admiral

Wouldn't want to make you more jealous than you already are!
Sorry, but you crossed a line this time. I won't take lectures on being a "fan" from a glory hunting armchair like you.
Old June 2 2009, 08:26 AM   #1780
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Sorry, but you crossed a line this time. I won't take lectures on being a "fan" from a glory hunting armchair like you.

What are you going to do - be really, really mad at him?
Old June 2 2009, 08:49 AM   #1781
Jax
Admiral

ooo Glory Hunter the true whores of football

Is it or is Carlo a poor choice for Chelsea because even though he is perfect for Chelsea's slower pace football, MR Roman will tire of that and the odds are CL you have more chance of not winning it than wining it so League Titles become must to keep your job and Carlo is a Cup Manager just like Rafa IMO. One league title with the players he had over last 8 years is just poor...

I never understood why AC Milan never won more titles over past 15 years. Personally Moyes deserved a shot at the TOP 4 or Mr Rjikkard because he did build a lovely Barcelona team that won back to back titles and the CL.
Old June 2 2009, 08:58 AM   #1782
Hermiod
Admiral

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post

What are you going to do - be really, really mad at him?
Garak ? No, he's not worth it. I would just take his "opinions" on football even less seriously than I already do.

Jax wrote: View Post
ooo Glory Hunter the true whores of football
Well, he can hardly claim that he supports his local team, can he ?
Old June 2 2009, 09:08 AM   #1783
Jax
Admiral

You know there are times I wish I could not support my local team I do admire many teams like Man Utd and Aston Villa but draw the line at calling myself a fan of them (I admire there play style and players). I know some people say it doesn't matter that you don't support your local team but I was brought up in believing you should (or your dads team...both apply to my choice of Forest )

As for the money talk line Garak, Man City disagress with you on that and with an inadequte youth system, eventually MR ROMAN will get bored if Chelsea who have won only 1 cup in the past 2 years despite being the original billionaire club, carry on being outdone by the other true bigger clubs Its amazing how when other clubs caught up with your £££'S that they began beating you again .

I guess money only talks when you use it properly to build a foundation like Fergie and not quick glory.
Old June 2 2009, 09:14 AM   #1784
Hermiod
Admiral

You know there are times I wish I could not support my local team I do admire many teams like Man Utd and Aston Villa but draw the line at calling myself a fan of them (I admire there play style and players). I know some people say it doesn't matter that you don't support your local team but I was brought up in believing you should (or your dads team...both apply to my choice of Forest )
I support my great grandfather's local team - Woolwich Arsenal. My local, local team are Dagenham & Redbridge and I support them too.

Actually, our old dark red - what Arsenal now call "redcurrent" - shirts came from Nottingham Forest. Forest donated kit to the club when the founders, before the club was professional, could not find any.
Old June 2 2009, 09:25 AM   #1785
Roger Wilco
Admiral

I know some people say it doesn't matter that you don't support your local team but I was brought up in believing you should (or your dads team...both apply to my choice of Forest )
I do support my local team, although it's not the closest club to where I grew up (that would be a club that played in the third league the last decade, but finally won promotion last weekend ), but I really don't think it matters much - as long as you stick with the "choice" you made (regardless of whether it was a choice or not). Changing affiliation or supporting two teams that play in the same league is something I can't understand.