Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old May 22 2009, 01:18 AM   #31
nevermore
Admiral

Re: A fashion disaster

I have an entire lounging about the house wardrobe that is, well, not as big as my leaving the house wardrobe, but close. It includes a whole pairs of fleece pants, boxers, old t-shirts, wife-beaters, sweaters, sweatshirts, several pairs of slippers, fuzzy socks, flip flops and dresses of the "throw on when its too hot for anything else" variety.

I'm just one f those people who changes into lounge wear immediately upon arriving home for the evening. I think it stems from having worn uniforms at school...
Old May 22 2009, 03:20 AM   #32
JonathonWally
Admiral

View JonathonWally's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to JonathonWally Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JonathonWally

flamingliberal wrote: View Post

I'm just one f those people who changes into lounge wear immediately upon arriving home for the evening. I think it stems from having worn uniforms at school...

I think so, I wore uniforms or dresscode K-12 and I do the same thing.
Are you hearin me, like I'm hearin you?
JonathonWally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 08:39 AM   #33
cyph
Captain

View cyph's Twitter Profile

Arite...

For further disambiguation, what I meant to ask was, "Who uses ALL THE SAME clothes for both Inside and Outside wear?"

I'm with HoldFast on this one. My undershirts/house clothes go in drawers, my outside/public clothes go on hangers. My clubbing/nice clothes just sit on their free wire-frame from-the-dry-cleaners hangers.

My shoes stay stacked in boxes, my hats stay kept in shoe boxes. Jackets in my jacket closet...

which makes me wonder; who on this BBS has the most pairs of shoes? Slippers don't count.

Sometimes I make pictures
cyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 12:33 PM   #34
JimCasy
Captain

cyph wrote: View Post
which makes me wonder; who on this BBS has the most pairs of shoes? Slippers don't count.
I'm not sure how many pairs...but I had three boxes full of shoes when I moved. That was rather embarrassing when someone actually pointed it out.
JimCasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 12:45 PM   #35
Hermiod
Admiral

I have two pairs of shoes. My normal pair of comfortable walking shoes and my black sensible pair.

What they are supposed to go with I don't know as I don't own a suit.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 05:52 PM   #36
nevermore
Admiral

JimCasy wrote: View Post
I'm not sure how many pairs...but I had three boxes full of shoes when I moved. That was rather embarrassing when someone actually pointed it out.
I've only got about 28 or 30 pairs, so I'm sure I'm not the winner here. That number will probably go up by 2 today, as I have specific needs to fill and am off work...

I will point out that all are quite practical with the exception of two pairs that I keep on hand for formal occasions. I can't tolerate uncomfortable shoes.
Old May 22 2009, 07:59 PM   #37
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

... which makes me wonder; who on this BBS has the most pairs of shoes?
I might do well in the Men's Division with about 30 pairs IIRC, but I'm stuck in the back of the peloton overall I'm sure. I might do reasonably well in the retail value stakes though, since a lot of my shoes are higher end. Even there though, women's shoes can be pricey too.

I'm now looking to upgrade existing pairs for something nicer rather than increasing the range. I need a new pair of sleek black loafers to replace a pair that are a little too large and have a big nick in the leather on the toe, and a well-made pair of white/tan spectators to replace the knockabout pair of cheap ones I have.

I found a small tear (0.5cm) in a relatively new jacket today in a moderately prominent position. Will need to find a good reweaver to see if they can do anything to fix it. I've temporarily sewn it closed to prevent it growing... oh well...
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22 2009, 08:52 PM   #38
K'Ehleyr
Commodore

Hmm thinking about it ~ I'm probably nicer dressed casually at home rather than out.
Casual 'out' is jeans/cargo pants and long sleeved top ~ who can compete in public with Mrs Obamas' arms now
Home is long, floaty skirts and little tops *Wuthering Heights played in the background*
As for shoes ~ when I didn't have a car I realised I had no walking shoes whatsoever! Flats hurt because my legs are used to heels and heels are not made for walking. I have however cured this dilemma ~ I've got a car
Old May 22 2009, 10:22 PM   #39
An Officer
Vice Admiral

I have about 9 pairs of shoes, which are all in use, rather than laying about in boxes (yes, I have 9 legs ). What I don't wear regularly, I take to the local charity shop - as someone there will be glad to have it and make better use, I'm sure.
Old May 23 2009, 12:41 AM   #40
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I have my pair of shoes and my pair of sneakers; and I have a second pair of dirty sneakers held in reserve for messy treks.
Old May 23 2009, 01:38 AM   #41
JAG
Vice Admiral

^Ditto
Old May 23 2009, 10:08 AM   #42
cyph
Captain

View cyph's Twitter Profile

Gah, I'm way behind HF and FL with only 20 pairs of shoes! 22 pairs if I include my "shitter shoes"

Sometimes I make pictures
cyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 09:25 AM   #43
shinri
Ensign

Sweatpants and old t-shirts @ home, most definitely. Nighties and tank tops to sleep in. I'll wear the former to go downstairs to the mailroom in, while the latter never leaves the house.
shinri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 04:36 PM   #44
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

I have a pair of jogging bottoms that i wear for bed when its cold (this is the only time you will see me in Jogging bottoms) And a old fleece that i wear round the house.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2009, 12:26 AM   #45
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I have a couple of pair of what I guess you'd call pajama bottoms that I wear to bed-- they came that way, with no shirt-- one pair is blue and the other is black and covered with the Twilight Zone logo and iconography.