RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,817
Posts: 5,326,452
Members: 24,550
Currently online: 691
Newest member: junkdata

TrekToday headlines

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 26 2009, 04:53 AM   #1
IlogicalOne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Indian Stealer?

OK, correct me if I'm wrong about this but wasn't there a little something going on between Capt. Janeway and Chakotay for a while before Seven of Nine came on the scene? What happened? Next thing you know Seven has him eating out of her hand and poor Capt. Janeway is out in the cold.
Am I missing a few episodes that explains what happened between Chakotay and the Capt or did they just decide that Janeway was better off with out a man? I would imagine that Seven taking (stealing?) Chakotay from Capt. Janeway would put a big strain on their friendship.
Any way just something I had wondered about.
IlogicalOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 02:23 PM   #2
NumberOne
Lieutenant Commander
 
NumberOne's Avatar
 
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Re: Indian Stealer?

I'm glad they didn't pursue a Janeway/Chakotay relationship. I wish they would have left the Seven/Chakotay thing alone too.
NumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 09:22 PM   #3
JustKate
Rear Admiral
 
JustKate's Avatar
 
Location: Indiana, USA
Re: Indian Stealer?

In short, nothing definitive ever happened on screen, and nothing was definitively discussed on screen, either. There was no resolution. TPTB used that chemistry when it was a convenient plot point and when it wasn't, they just jettisoned it.

So you didn't miss any big renunciation scene or anything.

And I agree with Number One on both J/C and C/7. Bad ideas, IMO, although you will find lots and lots of people in this forum who disagree. Check out "The Great J/C Thread" for more: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=82463

As of the time I posted this link, there were 554 posts on all things J/C, so there's probably everything you've ever wanted to know.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 09:55 PM   #4
IlogicalOne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: Indian Stealer?

Man I must be going blind in my old age to have missed that. Thanks.
IlogicalOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 12:52 AM   #5
crusher
Lieutenant
 
Location: Canada
Re: Indian Stealer?

IlogicalOne said:
What happened?

Such a loaded question but to give the short answer, dumbass writers and producers. C/7 was so stupid beyond belief.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27 2009, 01:15 AM   #6
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Indian Stealer?

kathy kept her legs shut. it was the prrpper thing to do.

Though in basics when the proper thing no longer mattered, when he was literally the last man on the planet, she still didn't care to invite him fro a bit of slap and tickle because unfortunately Chuckles was not he last primate on the rock they'd been marooned on.

Seven was a child to raise more so than a lover to love, because the man that wanted to love her wasn't allowed to give her a child of her own to love.

I think Seska did her best work when she was up the duff.

Didn't detract from the lady or make the villainess seem weak in the slightest.

The most horrid image just sprang into my head.

Janeway refusing to let a little thing like child birth get in the way of captining her ship during some crisis is giving birth on the bridge during a space battle screaming for spreads of torpedoes between contractions, and every time the alien combatant captain tries to ring up and pose the usual threats, s/he just gets a face full of Janeway junior trying to claw it's way out.

"Sorry, um, yeah. Well... We'll come back in an hour or two and continue trying to kill you then, right,. Oh. Bye."

Personally I assumed that Chakotay continued to have some business on the side with Marla Gilmor.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 02:43 AM   #7
kimc
Coffee Mod
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN USA
Re: Indian Stealer?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Janeway refusing to let a little thing like child birth get in the way of captining her ship during some crisis is giving birth on the bridge during a space battle screaming for spreads of torpedoes between contractions, and every time the alien combatant captain tries to ring up and pose the usual threats, s/he just gets a face full of Janeway junior trying to claw it's way out.
You've been reading fanfiction!
__________________
I'm certainly less inclined to bash Voyager now, it is not nearly as bad a show as many people make it out to be. - TheGodBen

Avatar by B'Elanna.
kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 03:12 AM   #8
Brit
Captain
 
Brit's Avatar
 
Location: Texas
Re: Indian Stealer?

kimc wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Janeway refusing to let a little thing like child birth get in the way of captining her ship during some crisis is giving birth on the bridge during a space battle screaming for spreads of torpedoes between contractions, and every time the alien combatant captain tries to ring up and pose the usual threats, s/he just gets a face full of Janeway junior trying to claw it's way out.
You've been reading fanfiction!
I think he has, I don't really remember one where she gave birth on the bridge, there was one however where she was stuck in an inoperative turbo lift with Harry. Guess who had to deliver that baby.

There are those that say you cannot be an "Official J/C Fic Writer" unless you have written a "Resoultions" fic, a "Busted" fic and a "Turbolift" fic. I've written all three. I did get some flack about there being enough room in a turbolift to do what I had Janeway and Chakotay doing, but I figured as a child of the sixties, if you can do it in the back seat of a Volkswagen, you can do it anywhere.

Brit
__________________
"My name is Matai Shang and I do not exist, indeed I work very hard at it."

Avatar by Me
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 06:28 AM   #9
Tachyon
Fleet Captain
 
Tachyon's Avatar
 
Location: Finland
Re: Indian Stealer?

Well in that case, I am not an official J/C Fic writer nor I ever be. I would never write Resolution, Busted or Turbolift fic.
__________________
Avatar by Belanna.
Tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 02:32 PM   #10
KimM
Rear Admiral
 
KimM's Avatar
 
Location: The poster formerly known as ORSE
Re: Indian Stealer?

Brit wrote: View Post
kimc wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Janeway refusing to let a little thing like child birth get in the way of captining her ship during some crisis is giving birth on the bridge during a space battle screaming for spreads of torpedoes between contractions, and every time the alien combatant captain tries to ring up and pose the usual threats, s/he just gets a face full of Janeway junior trying to claw it's way out.
You've been reading fanfiction!
I think he has, I don't really remember one where she gave birth on the bridge, there was one however where she was stuck in an inoperative turbo lift with Harry. Guess who had to deliver that baby.

There are those that say you cannot be an "Official J/C Fic Writer" unless you have written a "Resoultions" fic, a "Busted" fic and a "Turbolift" fic. I've written all three. I did get some flack about there being enough room in a turbolift to do what I had Janeway and Chakotay doing, but I figured as a child of the sixties, if you can do it in the back seat of a Volkswagen, you can do it anywhere.

Brit

There's probably enough room to b irth a child in a turbolift, too.
__________________
Just one woman; doing what I can, with what I've got, where I'm at!
KimM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2009, 06:10 PM   #11
Frazzled
Commander
 
Frazzled's Avatar
 
Location: The mess hall
Re: Indian Stealer?

oldstredshrtevr wrote: View Post

There's probably enough room to birth a child in a turbolift, too.
Haha

I wish they'd kept all that tension with no resolution between J/C right up til the end instead of C/7 happening, that made no sense, I like Seven nowadays I just really think she was too immature emotionally.

Then some sort of, oh I don't know - comment? between J and C in Endgame that could be construed as 'we can now pursue a deeper relationship because we're home' but leave it a bit unclear ... then it could have been resolved in a book or in an ideal world a movie like Riker and Deanna in Insurrection (was it? or was it Nemesis?)
__________________
Av by the fabulous E.S.
Frazzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31 2009, 06:16 AM   #12
freak
Commodore
 
freak's Avatar
 
Location: stationed at NCIS post Voyager.
Re: Indian Stealer?

To Frazzled's comment: here here, I agree 100% on that one. Even though Endgame still angers me to this day, I think: well there's always fanfiction. And I go on imaging a different ending to the show and I don't feel so bad. The worst thing that bugged me for weeks after Voyager ended was that it left a number of unanswered or unresolved questions..like: what happens to the Maquis? (I'm sure they all got a full pardon, but I would have liked to have seen it for myself for crying out loud!)
I also didn't understand C/7 either...I remember talking to a friend of mine about two years after the show ended. She was a fan as well(actually I got her interested in it!) and she asked me if Janeway and Chakotay got together in the end..I said NOOOOOOOOO..if anything he got with Seven of Nine. She was like: SEVEN OF NINE?!?!?!?! Tell me you're not kidding! So suffice to say, she didn't like that idea either. I kind of wished they would have left J/C's relationship out in the open a bit and then in one of the Homecoming books, resolved some issues between them. I would have liked that a hell of a lot better and would have been more satisfied.
freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
chakotay, indian, seven of nine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.