Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old April 28 2009, 08:36 PM   #106
captcalhoun
Admiral

Re: The Doctor Who primer

well, as you can see, I have updated the Primer. so all that really needs to be done is update it slightly for the most recent info on the specials and then stick it in a new thread.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2009, 09:07 PM   #107
The
Rear Admiral

View The's Twitter Profile

See, I wouldn't even do that. I'd just write a base-primer for what the show is about, with pictorial references. Then, if someone else wanted to add what's been happening by season, that's cool too. But, all that's really needed is the main core idea of what the show is about...
The is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2009, 11:56 PM   #108
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Turbo and I were going to write new one...I think...a year ago, but then...things happened. Oops.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30 2009, 07:12 AM   #109
captcalhoun
Admiral

The wrote: View Post
See, I wouldn't even do that. I'd just write a base-primer for what the show is about, with pictorial references. Then, if someone else wanted to add what's been happening by season, that's cool too. But, all that's really needed is the main core idea of what the show is about...
it's about a bloke in a phone box flying around in time and space, usually with a fit bird in tow, fighting aliens. and sometimes he changes his appearance.

there y'go.
Old April 30 2009, 03:03 PM   #110
The
Rear Admiral

...classy...
Old April 30 2009, 05:52 PM   #111
captcalhoun
Admiral

ayethankyew
Old May 26 2009, 05:10 AM   #112
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Actually, I just got hooked on the show. Netflix has Dr. Who Second Season (David Tennant) in instant watch, and I've watched the first 5 episodes. I already have five observational comments:

1) The show has great wit and humor, tied in with an occasional startling revelation.
2) Billy Piper is smoking hot.
3) The Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) is fantastic. He carries the mantle of a Time Lord well.
4) Lots of action, adventure, lots of twists, it's a very fun show.
5) Did I mention Billy Piper was smoking hot?

Oh, and for the past 7 hours or so, the theme song has been on a constant loop in my head. Make it stop!

J.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 05:18 AM   #113
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Okay.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2009, 05:29 AM   #114
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Lindley wrote: View Post
That... was awesome.

J.
"If you'd come today you would've reached a whole nation. Israel in 4 B.C. had no mass communication. " - Judas, Jesus Christ Superstar
Old May 26 2009, 07:13 AM   #115
Messianni
Commodore

View Messianni's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Messianni Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Messianni

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Actually, I just got hooked on the show. Netflix has Dr. Who Second Season (David Tennant) in instant watch, and I've watched the first 5 episodes. I already have five observational comments:

1) The show has great wit and humor, tied in with an occasional startling revelation.
3) The Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) is fantastic. He carries the mantle of a Time Lord well.

Oh, and for the past 7 hours or so, the theme song has been on a constant loop in my head. Make it stop!

J.
J, did you go right into the Tenth Doctor's episodes or have you watched any of Christopher Eccleston's season?
Old May 26 2009, 08:40 AM   #116
ITL
Vice Admiral

J.
No. You need more of it.

*Da Ba Da Dum....Da Ba Da Dum....Da Ba Da Dum....Da Ba Da Dum....*
OOooEEeeOOOOoooo.....EEeeOOOOoooo.....
OOooEEeeOOOO..OOOOEEeeOOOOooo.....
Old May 26 2009, 12:49 PM   #117
J. Allen
I Only Want To Know

Messianni wrote: View Post

J.
J, did you go right into the Tenth Doctor's episodes or have you watched any of Christopher Eccleston's season?
I've only watched the ones with David Tennant, so Tenth Doctor only.

ITL wrote: View Post
No. You need more of it.

*Da Ba Da Dum....Da Ba Da Dum....Da Ba Da Dum....Da Ba Da Dum....*
OOooEEeeOOOOoooo.....EEeeOOOOoooo.....
OOooEEeeOOOO..OOOOEEeeOOOOooo.....

<screams and runs away>

J.
Old May 26 2009, 12:56 PM   #118
Jim Steele
Vice Admiral

I always thought this show was right up your alley, J. Glad to hear you like it!

DUN-DU-DUN DUN-DU-DUN DUD-DU-DUN DUNDUNDUN

OOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO
Old May 26 2009, 01:44 PM   #119
The
Rear Admiral

Welcome to the fold, J.Allen! As a fellow Who enthusiast, I would enthusiastically advise you to watch "Season One" from 2005, starring Christopher Eccleston as the 9th incarnation of The Doctor. It will give you a better idea of, not only how versatile Doctor Who is, but how he meets Rose Tyler (as you say, the smoking hot Billie Piper).

Enjoy!
Old May 26 2009, 04:25 PM   #120
Messianni
Commodore

View Messianni's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Messianni Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Messianni

Messianni wrote: View Post

J.
I've only watched the ones with David Tennant, so Tenth Doctor only.
Aww, you should watch the Ninth Doctor as well, I think you'd like those stories. I know that's also available for Instant Streaming on Netflix.

Besides, you get another 13 episodes of Billie Piper. I personally liked her more with the Ninth than with the Tenth.